The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Covid-19 patients at this hospital are dying 'at a rate we've never seen die before' -- and it's taking a toll on health care workers

"Since January, we've had about 289 deaths; 75% are unvaccinated people," Dover said. "And the very few (vaccinated people) who passed away all were more than 6 months out from their shot. So we've not had a single person who has had a booster shot die from Covid."

But this week Michigan had more patients hospitalized for Covid-19 than ever before. Covid-19 hospitalizations jumped 88% in the past month, according to the Michigan Health & Hospital Association.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/09/us/hospital-covid-19-deaths-michigan/index.html

DeSantis is at it again folks!

Edited by FireChans

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court "threw out" Governor Wolf's school mask mandate today.  

They essentially upheld the lower court's decision.  The state lacks the authority to impose such a mandate, and the order is unenforceable.

https://www.pennlive.com/coronavirus/2021/12/order-requiring-pa-school-students-to-wear-face-face-masks-is-invalid-state-supreme-court-says.html

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ALF said:

Governor Kathy Hochul announces statewide mask mandate for New York effective December 13 for all businesses and venues

Businesses or venues that require proof of vaccination to enter will be exempt from the mandate.

Governor Hochul says the mask requirement or proof of vaccination will go into effect on December 13th until Jan 15th.

The policy applies to anyone ages two years old and older, any time they are indoors at a business or venue.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/coronavirus/governor-kathy-hochul-announces-statewide-mask-mandate-for-new-york-effective-december-13-for-all-businesses-and-venues

Your state is a dump.  

Good thing Florida mandated masks and vaccines in the middle of their surge - dropped the cases immediately.....

Oh wait....yea they didn't have to do that at all.  And cases still plummeted.

And yes, she is doing this to "do something" because Karen is calling her office 24/7 in a panic.  

If you think they do what you think they do the mandate should be for life.  

Bunch of morons.  

Pandemic of the cowards.  

• Like (+1) 2

World Health Organization: No Deaths Reported as a Result of Omicron Variant to Date

by Nathan Worcester

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_breakingnews/no-confirmed-omicron-deaths-so-far-who-cdc_4150331.htmlutm_source=News&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-12-10-

Colorado’s Democratic governor: I’m not mandating masks. The COVID emergency is over.

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/12/10/colorados-democratic-governor-im-not-mandating-masks-the-covid-emergency-is-over-n434682

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2

"People around the world have been through so many alarms — both real and false — that many have been conditioned to stop fearing Covid-19 in the same way."

"And every trip outside the house that doesn’t result in people getting sick can serve to desensitize them further. At this point, it’s as if we have built up antibodies against fear.... Many are tired of being afraid — and just plain tired, too.... Safety behaviors have become so politicized that many people are skeptical not only of vaccines and face masks, but also even of the threat that Covid-19 presents.... 

In his pioneering studies of persuasion, the psychologist Robert Cialdini has shown that under uncertainty, people look to others who are similar to them for cues about appropriate behavior. If you see that many of your neighbors aren’t vaccinated, you might hesitate to get a jab, too....

One thing is clear: Repeatedly blasting an emergency alert brings its own risks. The last thing needed in a pandemic is a country of people too bored to pay attention and take action."

Writes the psychologist Adam Grant

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/10/opinion/covid-omicron-psychology-fear.html?smid=url-share

19 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Your state is a dump.  

Good thing Florida mandated masks and vaccines in the middle of their surge - dropped the cases immediately.....

Oh wait....yea they didn't have to do that at all.  And cases still plummeted.

And yes, she is doing this to "do something" because Karen is calling her office 24/7 in a panic.  

If you think they do what you think they do the mandate should be for life.  

Bunch of morons.  

Pandemic of the cowards.  

please, PLEASE let there be a good Republican candidate running next year against her.

If there’s any time to topple the Democratic machine at the state level, it’s now.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

World Health Organization: No Deaths Reported as a Result of Omicron Variant to Date

by Nathan Worcester

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_breakingnews/no-confirmed-omicron-deaths-so-far-who-cdc_4150331.htmlutm_source=News&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-12-10-

Colorado’s Democratic governor: I’m not mandating masks. The COVID emergency is over.

https://hotair.com/allahpundit/2021/12/10/colorados-democratic-governor-im-not-mandating-masks-the-covid-emergency-is-over-n434682

Wow

Gov. Polis: 

That’s the kinda thing I didn’t hesitate to do in the emergency. The emergency is over. You know, public health [officials] don’t get to tell people what to wear; that’s just not their job. Public health [officials] would say to always wear a mask because it decreases flu and decreases [other airborne illnesses]. But that’s not something that you require; you don’t tell people what to wear. You don’t tell people to wear a jacket when they go out in winter and force them to [wear it]. If they get frostbite, it’s their own darn fault. If you haven’t been vaccinated, that’s your choice. I respect that. But it’s your fault when you’re in the hospital with COVID.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/10/2021 at 2:19 PM, B-Man said:

I have both my covid shots and my booster.

I am NOT wearing a mask again.

7615.png

Hopefully many businesses (restaurants , bars ) will implement a vaccine requirement. At least the business will be making the decision. I’m against mandates, but also vaxed/ boosted and I refuse to wear a stupid mask to “ protect” anyone else. 

On 12/10/2021 at 6:22 PM, Big Blitz said:

Hi Lisa-bot with 2 followers and 8 tweets getting magically promoted in this thread

Hochul sucks just as bad as Cuomo, but Lisa is a real dummy. You want protection , then get your shot. A mask? No way. My “ ignorance “ isn’t killing you Lisa , your fatness, poor cardiovascular health, no vax etc etc is. Viruses are around. There’s no such thing as going anywhere with zero risk. That’s just life. These are the same morons who think we need “ equitable outcomes” in every aspect of our existence. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ALF said:

I'm vaccinated and have never been bothered by wearing a mask. It's nice not to have a cold for the last 2 years for a change. 

Vaccinated too until they officially change the definition to require boosters in that determination and make it time bound and no longer a yes or no question.  When we had the mask mandates I cooperated but unlike you I caught a cold 3 or 4 times.  And my activities were limited to just going out to public places for what's necessary.  It led me to conclude masks not meeting or exceeding surgical standards, the type almost everyone is wearing, provide limited to zero protection against viruses and the amount of COVID virus floating around out there is much less than the common cold and therefore much less than the experts are suggesting. 

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

"People around the world have been through so many alarms — both real and false — that many have been conditioned to stop fearing Covid-19 in the same way."

"And every trip outside the house that doesn’t result in people getting sick can serve to desensitize them further. At this point, it’s as if we have built up antibodies against fear.... Many are tired of being afraid — and just plain tired, too.... Safety behaviors have become so politicized that many people are skeptical not only of vaccines and face masks, but also even of the threat that Covid-19 presents.... 

In his pioneering studies of persuasion, the psychologist Robert Cialdini has shown that under uncertainty, people look to others who are similar to them for cues about appropriate behavior. If you see that many of your neighbors aren’t vaccinated, you might hesitate to get a jab, too....

One thing is clear: Repeatedly blasting an emergency alert brings its own risks. The last thing needed in a pandemic is a country of people too bored to pay attention and take action."

Writes the psychologist Adam Grant

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/10/opinion/covid-omicron-psychology-fear.html?smid=url-share

I stopped fearing Covid a long time ago.  Not because of too many alarms (false or real).  It’s because I don’t go through life in fear of getting the flu.  Especially with this new variant that in your previous post mentioned has not killed anyone.  Let that sink in.  No deaths in the world from a variant that had been around for almost a month.  

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Vaccinated and boosted, but 100% over all of the Covid drama. Just living my life as usual. 

No you’re not.  

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ha! It took all of five minutes and wasn’t the slightest inconvenience. Again, I’m done with the drama.

I never said it took time or was inconvenient.  Getting boosted is not living your life as usual and if you get this one how many more will you be lining up for at the insistence of the government and the media?  

On 12/12/2021 at 5:42 AM, Chef Jim said:

I never said it took time or was inconvenient.  Getting boosted is not living your life as usual and if you get this one how many more will you be lining up for at the insistence of the government and the media?  

You can joust with imaginary windmills all day long Chef. I’m ‘old’ and just not into the Covid drama. I see absolutely nothing wrong with voluntarily getting vaccinated. On the other hand I’m completely against the government mandating it. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

31 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You can joust with imaginary windmills all day long Chef. I’m ‘old’ and just not into the Covid drama. I see absolutely nothing wrong with voluntarily getting vaccinated. On the other hand I’m completely against the government mandating it. 

How do you feel about mandatory masks?   It starts tomorrow so get ready.  And it’s in place for 30 days??  WTF is that supposed to accomplish?  

So much for the great reopening pretty boy Gavin so giddily announced this past summer. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

ABOUT TIME: 

Still No Deaths From Omicron, And Americans Are Getting On With Their Lives.

While corporate media outlets panicked and revived permanent pandemic narratives and talk of more lockdowns, a new poll from CBS News and YouGov found that of 1,731 people surveyed, 81 percent said they have not rearranged plans because of the Omicron variant or the hype surrounding it. In fact, a majority said they still plan to keep their normal holiday traditions and routines. Sixty-eight percent still plan to “gather with friends and family,” 64 percent said they will do their Christmas shopping in person, and 52 percent said they will eat in a restaurant.

Only 17 percent of those surveyed said they were “very concerned about Omicron,” while about 42 percent said they were not concerned at all about Omicron despite the initial media and bureaucracy-induced panic about it.

These Americans’ thoughts on Omicron are validated by the data. As it turns out, not one single COVID-19-related death in the U.S. from Dec. 1-8 was found to be caused by the Omicron variant. As of Friday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that of the 43 people infected with the Omicron strain of COVID, most cases manifested only mild symptoms such as “a cough, fatigue, and congestion or a runny nose.”

I wonder how long the 17% — willing victims of a manufactured mass hysteria — will remain wedded to their masks.

Forever?

https://thefederalist.com/2021/12/13/still-no-deaths-from-omicron-and-americans-are-getting-on-with-their-lives/

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

How do you feel about mandatory masks?   It starts tomorrow so get ready.  And it’s in place for 30 days??  WTF is that supposed to accomplish?  

So much for the great reopening pretty boy Gavin so giddily announced this past summer. 

The one place I don't ever want to wear a mask again was the gym.  My wife went to the gym this morning and asked the attendant about the mask mandate starting tomorrow.  He had no idea what she was talking about.  Good job getting the word out Grewsom.  :rolleyes:

The Covidiots have dipped out completely realizing what a disaster this is.  That everything they were warned about has come to fruition. 

No more super awesome Vax data?

No more cases! spiking in Florida?  

No mass deaths in maskless schools - you'd think they would be all over that data - but it's not in their "favor" so ignore move along nothing to see!

Even they can't see how this possibly ends.  

Dipped.  Nothing is defendable now.  

But that's the sheep.

The evil cabal behind it all knows exactly what they're doing.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

OF COURSE THEY DO.    “SCIENCE” IS WHAT THEY BELIEVE, NO MORE NO LESS: 

Party of “Science” Ignores Four Hundred Published Studies 

Leftie lovers of COVID mandates, in a constant appeal to “science”, have ignored four hundred published studies indicating that mandates have done nothing to stop COVID, a WND piece released Monday states.

“A former adviser to the World Health Organization and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services [Dr. Paul Alexander] has compiled a list of more than 400 studies showing that COVID-19 lockdowns, shelter-in-place policies, school closures, masks and mask mandates have failed to curb virus transmission or reduce deaths.”

Not one study, but four hundred studies, have shown that the last two years of COVID has been nothing but an exercise in watching a global dumpster fire.

Dr. Alexander goes on to say what we’ve all wished someone would say succinctly and clearly for about a year.

“…public health officials and decision-makers, from the beginning, ‘were not reading the evidence, were not up to speed with the science or data, did not understand the evidence, did not ‘get’ the evidence, and were blinded to the science, often driven by their own prejudices, biases, arrogance, and ego.’”

Who can we think of that might fit that bill? Let’s make a list.

More at the link: https://victorygirlsblog.com/party-of-science-ignores-four-hundred-published-studies/

https://www.wnd.com/2021/12/400-studies-show-failure-covid-19-measures/

• Like (+1) 1

Stopped at Wegmans tonight and I don't know if it makes me wanna laugh or cry, but seeing the young men collecting the shopping carts outside in the parking lot in 40 mph winds with covid masks on is... 

Crazy man... Just crazy...

• Like (+1) 3