The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

You can be mRNA or a vaccine. Pick one.

I'd probably get permabanned for asking a question about the Dion Dawkins presser, so I want to see if I can get some help here where - in theory - you're still able to ask pertinent fact-based questions:

a) Dion took the shots

b) Dion got hospitalized for 4 days for the thing the shots were supposed to prevent (purposely skipping this new "2 more weeks" thing - being a couple days short of that arbitrary milestone being the indicator for no efficacy is a different but equally laughable matter)

In what logical sequence is the takeaway that THIS is what convinced his family to take the shots? (or the TSW corollary: that you're worse than an axe-murdering child molester if you don't take the shots. And *^%& Cole Beasley)

[take shots] + [almost die] = [give me those shots!!!]  is probably not where I'd automatically go as a conclusion. it does gibe with some local anecdotal history of flu shots however.

I cannot make sense of your post.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/15/2021 at 3:39 PM, dpberr said:

Of interest, you'll start seeing pediatric physicians start to talk about the dangers of RSV instead of Covid as we enter the fall. It'll be the new Boogeyman for parents. 

Not lost on me...guess what new toy Pfizer has for kids...an RSV vaccine they'd like the FDA to grant EUA for use. 

Noticed this starting a couple months ago. 

Insurance companies battle their clients over the coronavirus

The legal and legislative fight over how much insurance companies must pay for coronavirus-related losses is just starting, and it's likely to get uglier.

Why it matters: COVID-19 is, as one insurance industry executive puts it, "the biggest insured loss event in history." For many companies, a successful insurance claim will make the difference between staying in business or going bust.

In an April 21 op-ed in the WSJ, Chubb CEO Evan Greenberg said forcing insurers to pay out all pandemic-related claims would "would bankrupt the insurance industry to prop up other parts of the economy," like small business.

Nationally, most of the insurance industry supports an alternative proposal that would shift responsibility for pandemic losses onto the federal government, much like the National Flood Insurance Program does.

https://www.axios.com/insurance-companies-vs-business-coronavirus-946b8cd3-ac29-401f-b548-98ef7dcaa0c1.html

COVID-19 Exposed America’s Overregulated Health Care System

FTA:

Unfortunately, for millions of Americans suffering from other rare diseases, the time and cost for potentially life-saving drugs and treatments to be approved is insufferable and borders on cruel and unusual punishment.

On average, it takes 12 years and $2.6 billion to bring a new drug from lab to market. For many startups, the funding barriers for these rigorous clinical trials are insurmountable. Of course, it is a reasonable mandate that the FDA approve safe and effective drugs for market.

Yet, as exemplified during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is possible to expedite approval and bring safe and effective drugs to market faster.

Patients suffering from rare diseases like amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) are asking for the same consideration from the FDA. The three COVID-19 vaccines that were approved in record time set a strong and affirmative precedent for other groups of patients; hopefully, this is a new standard that will inspire reform of the current drug approval process, making patient-centered care a top priority that is shielded from bureaucratic delays.

A recent study found that during the pandemic, more than 40 percent of patients delayed or avoided medical procedures and appointments out of fear of contracting COVID-19, further exposing how accessibility to care strains the American health care system.

Telehealth services, long advocated by American health care system observers, became an option almost overnight. Telehealth services, quite literally, brought health care services into patients’ hands via an app or over the phone.

More at the link: https://redstate.com/heartlandinstitute/2021/08/20/covid-19-exposed-americas-overregulated-health-care-system-n429648

• Like (+1) 1

New York Magazine is burying the lede here. The “study suggesting no clear benefit from school mask mandates” for children was one done by — wait for it — the CDC:

It also looks like the CDC intentionally buried the result on student masking by not putting this information in the summary of the study, a practice called “file drawering”:

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Correct 

Correct 

Correct 

AND Absolutely Correct

He should be tarred and feathered for admitting that he likes Def Leppard. That wasn’t acceptable even back then.

Edited by Governor

One California Teacher Infected a Dozen Students at Her School With COVID

A teacher at an elementary school in Marin County, California, infected a dozen students at her school with the Delta variant of COVID-19 in May, according to a CDC report released Friday. The teacher was unvaccinated. The teacher reported symptoms on May 19, continued working until May 21, then tested positive. In all, 27 people were infected, including the teacher. According to the report, students wore masks at the school, the classroom was equipped with an air filter, and students’ seats were spaced six feet apart. The teacher wore her mask most of the time but removed it when reading to the class, the report said. Students in the front two rows of the classroom were most susceptible, with 80 percent of them testing positive.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/one-marin-county-teacher-infected-a-dozen-students-at-her-school-with-covid

Let the alleged science and logistics of all this set in for a minute or 5 days for some of you slow to comprehend.  

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

One California Teacher Infected a Dozen Students at Her School With COVID

A teacher at an elementary school in Marin County, California, infected a dozen students at her school with the Delta variant of COVID-19 in May, according to a CDC report released Friday. The teacher was unvaccinated. The teacher reported symptoms on May 19, continued working until May 21, then tested positive. In all, 27 people were infected, including the teacher. According to the report, students wore masks at the school, the classroom was equipped with an air filter, and students’ seats were spaced six feet apart. The teacher wore her mask most of the time but removed it when reading to the class, the report said. Students in the front two rows of the classroom were most susceptible, with 80 percent of them testing positive.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/one-marin-county-teacher-infected-a-dozen-students-at-her-school-with-covid

Let the alleged science and logistics of all this set in for a minute or 5 days for some of you slow to comprehend. 

It sounded like BS when I first heard it.  After seeing the facts, it is BS.

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

It sounded like BS when I first heard it.  After seeing the facts, it is BS.

The only thing we've been able to accurately predict about the pandemic is the direction in which the media wishes to take it.  

And that they don't seem remotely interested in holding accountable the people in charge trying to "contain" an aresolized virus.  

It's insane.  It's not normal.  Something is wrong.  Very insidiously wrong.  

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Let's find and look into every treatment possible to hopefully prevent this.

Future VP Paul.....a Doctor....thinks it's worth looking into this but....politics.  Which is also why you'll be in masks for life.  

The responses to this tweet tell you all you need to know about why we're headed toward a totalitarian s**t hole state 

The enablers that are voting for it

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

This is all about the great reset , isn’t it. 

Everyone going to be wondering how the hell we became Venezuela in 2023.  It's probably too late. 

I will take to my grave that letting Social Media operate on American soil as a "global entity" that takes orders from China is what did it.  That's the #1 problem in this country.  Whatever America First is they are the complete opposite.   

Hostile.  Foreign.  Nations.  I'd declare them a public health crisis and shut them the f down.   

David Burge is such a good follow btw.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That's the picture of your prototypical severe COVID patient under 65. Those are the kids in the hospital. Those are the adults in the ICU. Color and race irrelevant.

But...we can't talk about it.

On 8/14/2021 at 9:39 PM, oldmanfan said:

I have a doctorate in Anatomy and have done cell biological and clinical research for over 40 years, plus I teach physiology (including basic immunology) and sit on an FDA advisory panel. 

Viruses are not cells.  They are basically packages of DNA or RNA generally with a protein coat (capsid) that allows the virus to attach to the host cell.  The Covid-19 spike protein is an example of such.  Upon entry into the host cell the viral DNA uses the host cell’s protein synthetic apparatus to create more copies of the virus.  Eventually the cell dies, the now multiple copies of the virus go on to infect other cells and propagation continues.

Vaccines work by inducing the immune system to either make antibodies (humoral response) that block the viral receptors on host cells or induce T cell responses (cellular immunity) that recognize and kill the virus.  Either way, vaccines induce immune responses that decrease the ability of viruses to infect cells, and when that happens the virus is deprived of its ability to propagate.  This is basic virology and immunology.

Now, what is your background, and do you want to continue arguing?

“Kill’ the virus” eh? All the bio med geeks I know seem to have a problem with that phrase… 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

On 5/6/2021 at 11:15 AM, B-Man said:

Peer reviewed study finds that ivermectin is effective as prophylaxis for Covid-19 and as a therapeutic remedy

American Thinker, by Thomas Lifson

I expect the corporate media will ignore as much as possible the findings of a peer-reviewed study just published in the American Journal of Therapeutics that concludes the readily-available, inexpensive (off-patent) drug ivermectin is effective in treating existing cases of Covid-19 and in preventing coming down with the illness. Unlike the experimental vaccines that we are being ceaselessly urged to take, ivermectin has been around for many years and is safe for all but a few people. (snip) here is the conclusion of the article (snip) ivermectin should be globally and systematically deployed in the prevention and treatment of COVID-19.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/05/peer_reviewed_study_finds_that_ivermectin_is_effective_as_prophylaxis_for_covid19_and_as_a_therapeutic_remedy_.html

Straight from CNN, it's the Flu:

More than 80% of Americans 16 and older have some level of immunity against the coronavirus -- mostly through vaccination, a new survey shows. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention conducted the survey of blood donations. The results also indicated that about twice as many people have been infected with the virus as have been officially counted. More than 39 million Americans have been diagnosed with coronavirus  since the pandemic started last year. With the latest Covid-19 surge upending American life, Dr. Anthony Fauci said the rollout of booster doses could begin within weeks pending FDA authorization.

That acknowledgement, that the incidence rate is 2x what we know (it's actually prob 5-10x) tells you all you need to know.  They are finally getting around to the guesstimates and extrapolations they go through to create incidence and mortality rates for normal respiratory diseases.

They are ruining lives over the flu.  The mortality rate is likely right on top of the normal Flu, perhaps a bit worse, but nowhere near the level of hysteria being created by the World's Leftists.

There is conspicuously no data on unfortunate souls dying here & now from "Delta" or whatever, and in all likelihood that's because they fit in the "old people and sick people die" categories, with the occasional Instagram post of some Talk Radio guys that died or unfortunate soul who died too young, which happens every other year but isn't sensationalized.  

All to implement a Globalist idea structure onto us all.  And they've done it.  

The Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center recently released a report saying that 61% of U.S. households hadpaid no federal income tax in 2020, up from 44% in 2019, as the pandemic led to high unemployment and loss of income. Although the number will likely revert to the mid-40% range over time, now is probably a good time to have a discussion about what the right percentage of people paying taxes should be.

We are there.  It's over.  I admit defeat.  I jump on bandwagon, wave the flag, and try not to be jailed.  Please don't come for me...

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillStime said:

At what point do stupid people like you admit you have been lied to by the left? or you know and won't admit it. How far you going to take this? You look like a clown, act like a clown, speak like a clown, think like a clown. You can't honestly be supportive of what has gone down since Biden has taken over, if you are you are the problem! 

7 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

At what point do stupid people like you admit you have been lied to by the left? or you know and won't admit it. How far you going to take this? You look like a clown, act like a clown, speak like a clown, think like a clown. You can't honestly be supportive of what has gone down since Biden has taken over, if you are you are the problem! 

LMAO - as soon as you admit you were conned by the DON

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

The DNA in leftists isn't unique to Australia or China or North Korea.  These people are right here in the U.S. to. 

Only our guns, Federalism, and the Courts have prevented us from being Australia.  Soon after, we're Venezuela.  Then China.  Then North Korea.   

Weird how all these countries that supposedly had superior health care to the U.S. are terrified people will get sick.  I mean yea it's a power grab but let's say they are acting in good faith - I'm going to say that means they probably can't handle any covid wave.  And they can't afford vaccines.