The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

17 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Stopped at Wegmans tonight and I don't know if it makes me wanna laugh or cry, but seeing the young men collecting the shopping carts outside in the parking lot in 40 mph winds with covid masks on is... 

Crazy man... Just crazy...

I like the people I see driving alone with one on. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Wow!  This is the most fascist ***t I've ever read in this country...

We May Never Be ‘Fully Vaccinated’ 

(That's not what we're told in order to go see Hamilton at Shea's:)

For nearly a year now, the phrase fully vaccinated has carried a cachet that it never did before. Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a ticket for a slate of liberties—a pass to travel without testing and skip post-exposure quarantine, per the CDC, and in many parts of the country, a license to enter restaurants, gyms, and bars. For many employees, full vaccination is now a requirement to work; for many individuals, it’s a must for any socialization at all.

Sometime in the very, very near future, that status—and the perks that come with it—could evaporate in an instant for millions of Americans..  

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/12/fully-vaccinated-cdc-boosters/621037/

The rest of this is a disgrace.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Wow!  This is the most fascist ***t I've ever read in this country...

We May Never Be ‘Fully Vaccinated’ 

(That's not what we're told in order to go see Hamilton at Shea's:)

For nearly a year now, the phrase fully vaccinated has carried a cachet that it never did before. Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a ticket for a slate of liberties—a pass to travel without testing and skip post-exposure quarantine, per the CDC, and in many parts of the country, a license to enter restaurants, gyms, and bars. For many employees, full vaccination is now a requirement to work; for many individuals, it’s a must for any socialization at all.

Sometime in the very, very near future, that status—and the perks that come with it—could evaporate in an instant for millions of Americans..  

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/12/fully-vaccinated-cdc-boosters/621037/

The rest of this is a disgrace.  

I hope they do it because I think it will crumble if so. 

Even as the world panics over the rapid spread of the Omicron variant of COVID-19, the health ministry in South Africa has delivered some encouraging news. On Friday, South Africa’s Minister of Health Joe Phaahla said that hospitalizations are down with Omicron cases compared to previous waves like the deadly Delta surge, and that people in the hospital rarely need oxygen and are less likely to die from the disease.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/omicron-ground-zero-in-south-africa-has-already-peaked

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

Omicron spread shows China got it right on Covid-19 strategy, top disease expert says

Rapid testing and universal vaccination coverage have helped China prevail over the coronavirus. 

Wuhan lockdown was landmark decisive move that drastically contained the spread of the coronavirus in China, Zhong Nanshan says.

Expert credits sustained success to rapid testing and universal vaccination coverage, along with stringent controls.

Foreign nations should realise by now that China's so-called over the top approach in handling the pandemic was the correct one, the country's top respiratory expert has said, as the Omicron variant spreads around the world at record-breaking pace.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/politics/article/3160231/omicron-spread-shows-china-got-it-right-covid-19-strategy-top

Keep complying you frigging dupes

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

All kind of sounds like trial and error.  Bless the parents that have offered up their toddlers for the experiment.  Not that Pfizer is worried.  They're completely indemnified from legal or monetary harm for anything that might go wrong here.   

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

lets keep letting these folks dictate national policy...i mean just cause they are arong all thge time...err, i mean the data changes...they are our best and brightest!

Trust the science bro!!!  

This was awesome. 

There are going to be a ton more that Twitter will try and take down in the months and decades of covid ahead.  

https://thenationalpulse.com/news/new-york-legislation-provides-for-indefinite-detention-of-unvaccinated-at-governors-whim/

When they laughed at @Big Blitz for sounding the alarm on government overreach, on his view of the marketing of the perpetual pandemic, I wonder how many would have scoffed at the thought of legislation allowing the governor and health department to come to your home, forcibly remove you, place you in a facility they deem appropriate, forcibly detain you for a period of 60 days and upon review, perpetually, and allow access to counsel if “feasible” and notify friends and family of your detainment “if feasible”.  

One of the more troubling aspects of this discussion over the past couple years for me was when a former poster who offered scientific analysis based on his experience/education shared his thoughts on removal of the unclean from society.   I recognized that as frustration on his part that people could not see clearly that which he saw. You don’t have to have to be a virologist to see the danger in a politician or political appointee being able to scoop you up and lock you down at their discretion, and those who would support.  Worse yet, there will be people who support it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

https://thenationalpulse.com/news/new-york-legislation-provides-for-indefinite-detention-of-unvaccinated-at-governors-whim/

When they laughed at @Big Blitz for sounding the alarm on government overreach, on his view of the marketing of the perpetual pandemic, I wonder how many would have scoffed at the thought of legislation allowing the governor and health department to come to your home, forcibly remove you, place you in a facility they deem appropriate, forcibly detain you for a period of 60 days and upon review, perpetually, and allow access to counsel if “feasible” and notify friends and family of your detainment “if feasible”.  

One of the more troubling aspects of this discussion over the past couple years for me was when a former poster who offered scientific analysis based on his experience/education shared his thoughts on removal of the unclean from society.   I recognized that as frustration on his part that people could not see clearly that which he saw. You don’t have to have to be a virologist to see the danger in a politician or political appointee being able to scoop you up and lock you down at their discretion, and those who would support.  Worse yet, there will be people who support it. 

It's only going to get worse.  

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I have a Dutch friend.  I asked her about this.  Her replies….

66329674-1F8F-45F9-95DD-3866775AB7BC.jpeg.72cf7cf88b72b820218d8dff3df40496.jpeg

3F197439-C5A8-488E-BCEB-F79CD69361C6.thumb.jpeg.8d5f1742ddeb5dcc6391833830cba6df.jpeg

Democracy will disappear???

I was told that January 6th was when that happened!  You mean these controls are actually doing that?

Hmmm.....if only there were people warning folks about this coup since April of 2020.  

In a few months they're all going to be defending the Great Reset they said was fake and the wildest of conspiracy theories.  

19 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Democracy will disappear???

I was told that January 6th was when that happened!  You mean these controls are actually doing that?

Hmmm.....if only there were people warning folks about this coup since April of 2020.  

In a few months they're all going to be defending the Great Reset they said was fake and the wildest of conspiracy theories.  

Our Democracy disappeared on 1/6.  Dutch democracy is now.  

Pretty amazing how vindicated Trump has become during Joey's admin.  Russian collusion still has no indictments for collusion/conspiracy, Russian bounties were deemed to be a joke, Hunter Biden should have been investigated, and Wuhan virus was going to be no better, if not worse, under a Dem President.  Too bad people were suckered into thinking Joey was any sort of answer, but with the Marxist turn they've taken, it's done serious damage to the Demoqrat party. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Pretty amazing how vindicated Trump has become during Joey's admin.  Russian collusion still has no indictments for collusion/conspiracy, Russian bounties were deemed to be a joke, Hunter Biden should have been investigated, and Wuhan virus was going to be no better, if not worse, under a Dem President.  Too bad people were suckered into thinking Joey was any sort of answer, but with the Marxist turn they've taken, it's done serious damage to the Demoqrat party. 

MARXIST ALERT - MARXIST ALERT

lmao

idiots

17 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Do me a favor and look at the history of the bill before jumping to your desired conclusion.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Do me a favor and look at the history of the bill before jumping to your desired conclusion.

Do you normally disagree just to disagree? 
This bill is dangerous in the wrong hands. What is your conclusion regarding this bill?

29 minutes ago, Westside said:

Do you normally disagree just to disagree? 
This bill is dangerous in the wrong hands. What is your conclusion regarding this bill?

It was a bill originally proposed in 2015 because some crazy lady refused to quarantine after interacting in patients with ebola.  It never made it out of committee since then and it's being used by grifters to conjure up fear among the easily influenced for political gain and/or a great book deal.

Edited by Doc Brown

24 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It was a bill originally proposed in 2015 because some crazy lady refused to quarantine after interacting in patients with ebola.  It never made it out of committee since then and it's being used by grifters to conjure up fear among the easily influenced for political gain and/or a great book deal.

In todays political climate I have no doubt one side would pass this bill.

I think you know which side I’m talking about.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don’t feel like I owe you any favors, Doc, and I’m generally not inclined to extend a favor when someone ignores basic rules of civility.  

My initial thought when reading the article was that it might be manipulative or context might be lacking.   That prompted me to visit the senate webpage and read the bill.  I’m not sure from your comments how you feel about the  proposed legislation.  Instead of sharing an opinion, you used your valuable time to share thoughts about my relative closed-mindedness. 

Ironically, the senate website solicits feedback from stakeholders on proposed legislation, ostensibly to gauge how they might feel about important issues under consideration.  Perhaps a disclaimer is in order that citizens must consider the history of legislation, the thinking and experiences of the sponsor of the bill and disregard the actual wording contained therein.  

Do you support this or similar legislation?   

• Like (+1) 1

BOMBSHELL thread shares damning Fauci/Collins emails working with media to take down ‘Great Barrington Declaration’ and ‘fringe scientists behind it’

This is one of those threads that need very little commentary EXCEPT if you’re a reader who hasn’t heard of the Great Barrington Declaration.

Basically, the declaration says instead of lockdowns and other mitigation (masking, mandates, forced vaccination) during a pandemic we should work to protect the vulnerable while the young and healthy get back to normal. Here is a key part of the declaration, from their site:

Adopting measures to protect the vulnerable should be the central aim of public health responses to COVID-19. By way of example, nursing homes should use staff with acquired immunity and perform frequent testing of other staff and all visitors. Staff rotation should be minimized. Retired people living at home should have groceries and other essentials delivered to their home. When possible, they should meet family members outside rather than inside. A comprehensive and detailed list of measures, including approaches to multi-generational households, can be implemented, and is well within the scope and capability of public health professionals.

Those who are not vulnerable should immediately be allowed to resume life as normal. Simple hygiene measures, such as hand washing and staying home when sick should be practiced by everyone to reduce the herd immunity threshold. Schools and universities should be open for in-person teaching. Extracurricular activities, such as sports, should be resumed. Young low-risk adults should work normally, rather than from home. Restaurants and other businesses should open. Arts, music, sport and other cultural activities should resume. People who are more at risk may participate if they wish, while society as a whole enjoys the protection conferred upon the vulnerable by those who have built up herd immunity.

In other words, life should get back to normal.

Sounds like common sense, right?

This is probably why Fauci and Francis Collins worked so hard to shut it down.

Check this out.

Take them down.

Huh.

That doesn’t sound very sciency.

Read the whole thing: https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/12/20/bombshell-thread-shares-damning-fauci-collins-emails-working-with-media-to-take-down-great-barrington-declaration-and-fringe-scientists-behind-it/

BECAUSE IT’S HIGHLY INFECTIOUS (AND GENERALLY NOT VERY SERIOUS),

ALLOWING POPULATIONS TO ESTABLISH HERD IMMUNITY IN SHORT ORDER.

NEXT QUESTION? 

South Africa’s Omicron Wave Looks Like It’s Already Peaking. Why?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/south-africas-omicron-wave-looks-like-its-already-peaking-why/ar-AARWSqF

6 hours ago, Westside said:

In todays political climate I have no doubt one side would pass this bill.

I think you know which side I’m talking about.

This is exactly correct 

It was originally proposed in 2015

Proposed again in January 2021

And it will definitely be discussed again - and do you trust the politicians voted in to not vote for it as Citizen Karen becomes more and more terrified?  

That's your risk in letting government "handle this."

Australia is already doing it.

Gtfo of deep blue states life as you know it is over there.  

You're done.  Get out.  

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It's permanent 

Question to covidiots.

When will it not be news?  

This is your life now.  Lots of co workers hiding symptoms.......turned in by Karen.....Kids dragged out of classes for sneezing......forced to take covid tests.....parents fined or arrested for sending them to school with a cold bc they didn't or couldn't have them home for 10 days......

Oh these people have no idea what's coming.  

All because they're cowards.  

Trump was right - it's the flu.  People are uploading into data bases from their at home "covid test (hahahahaha)" positive results. 

It's flu season.  Lots are positive.  

No idea what's coming.  None.  

Almost 1 year ago:

Screenshot_20210812-233655_Gallery.jpg