The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

34 minutes ago, Magox said:

Can we just discuss the virus in this thread?    There are so many other threads for people to discuss Trump.     

Russia comes up so I doubt the deepstate msm Trump bashing will disappear from this thread but it would be nice. 

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

I admire a lone attempt to answer.

Since we know with 100% certainty that people came in with the virus, there must be proof of a lot of them being quarantined. 

If you could provide a link to that, it would be helpful 

I haven't come upon that info.

You do understand that there is an incubation period and that the vast majority of infected people are asymptomatic, right? I can do a quick scan, but I'm not sure how fruitful it will be based on it's specificity. 

I'm still interested to hear if Trump has done any single thing right since taking office, though it's probably better discussed elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So his lie was that he said everyone coming in was going to be tested?  Is that your claim? 

Come on Chef! Don’t be silly. You should know that when the President’s told that testing is being done at airports that he’s supposed to personally fly to each of City  with a thermometer in hand to make sure it’s being done correctly. Yes, that sounds like the job of the President! 

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

Judging by the tenor and content of this thread, superimposed over current reality, it appears to me that the only pandemic ailing the country is Trump Derangement Syndrome. It's a thing of beauty.?

75,000 dead Americans is a thing of beauty. You have the least accurate handle on this site.

Were you one of those who said there is no pandemic?

24 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So his lie was that he said everyone coming in was going to be tested?  Is that your claim? 

It is not true that all Americans returning to the country are being tested, nor that anyone is being forced to quarantine,

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

75,000 dead Americans is a thing of beauty. You have the least accurate handle on this site.

Get over yourself Kemp. This pandemic has been proven to be way less deadly than was originally forecasted. You can try keeping the death drama alive....but it’s simply not playing out anymore. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Get over yourself Kemp. This pandemic has been proven to be way less deadly than was originally forecasted. You can try keeping the death drama alive....but it’s simply not playing out anymore. 

75,000 dead Americans and climbing, including a friend of mine, is no big deal.

Four dead in Benghazi was a major story woth 50 investigations.

How many have to die or have lifelong health problems before you think it's newsworthy?

29 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I admire a lone attempt to answer.

Since we know with 100% certainty that people came in with the virus, there must be proof of a lot of them being quarantined. 

If you could provide a link to that, it would be helpful 

I haven't come upon that info.

Here's what I did find, source material. DHS acting secretary Chad Wolf released a statement on the travel restrictions on March 11.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/03/11/homeland-security-acting-secretary-chad-f-wolf-s-statement-presidential-proclamation

“In January and February, the Administration issued similar travel restrictions on individuals who had been in China and Iran. That action proved to be effective in slowing the spread of the virus to the U.S., while public health officials prepared. In the next 48 hours, in the interest of public health, I intend to issue a supplemental Notice of Arrivals Restriction requiring U.S. passengers that have been in the Schengen Area to travel through select airports where the U.S. Government has implemented enhanced screening procedures.”

And then the white house issued their official proclamation. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-nonimmigrants-certain-additional-persons-pose-risk-transmitting-2019-novel-coronavirus/

Implementation and Enforcement.  (a)  The Secretary of State shall implement this proclamation as it applies to visas pursuant to such procedures as the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Secretary of Homeland Security, may establish.  The Secretary of Homeland Security shall implement this proclamation as it applies to the entry of aliens pursuant to such procedures as the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State, may establish.

(b)  Consistent with applicable law, the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Transportation, and the Secretary of Homeland Security shall ensure that any alien subject to this proclamation does not board an aircraft traveling to the United States.

(c)  The Secretary of Homeland Security may establish standards and procedures to ensure the application of this proclamation at and between all United States ports of entry.

(d)  An alien who circumvents the application of this proclamation through fraud, willful misrepresentation of a material fact, or illegal entry shall be a priority for removal by the Department of Homeland Security.

Based on those two official releases, it would seem that the quote you want to say is a lie was information provided to Trump by DHS on how they planned to implement his proclamation. He seemingly either dumbed 'enhanced screening' down to 'testing' or he didn't understand the scope of the screening being implemented. I think, at worst, the statement you're clinging to was made out of ignorance, but it's very likely he just used his own terminology instead of the official language out of brevity.

1 minute ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I think we can all agree you are much more like-able in the football threads.

The stupidity is divided exponentially outside of PPP.

The moron said, "Back a few weeks ago, testing consisted of taking people’s temperature."

What the actual *****? 

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I write it off as late term abortion. Compared to 46,000,000 abortions since 1970 and a country full of pill popping sugar addicts, I'd say it's a drop in the bucket. You can be as dramatic as you like over meaningless minutia, but life goes on. The mere fact that life today requires a little more courage than the day before is nothing to cry about. Get a grip. Life goes on. You seem like a man possessed by fear itself.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

The stupidity is divided exponentially outside of PPP.

The moron said, "Back a few weeks ago, testing consisted of taking people’s temperature."

What the actual *****? 

Well, it is true. A lot of places require a temperature check to enter buildings now. A month ago, before the advent of the Abbot test, the entire WH Press Pool attending the task force briefing was required to submit to one just to get in the room.

Just now, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Well, it is true. A lot of places require a temperature check to enter buildings now. A month ago, before the advent of the Abbot test, the entire WH Press Pool attending the task force briefing was required to submit to one just to get in the room.

It's true if you want to twist yourself into a pretzel. Nice work. 

99.9% of the population talking about Covid testing is talking about an actual test

8 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Here's what I did find, source material. DHS acting secretary Chad Wolf released a statement on the travel restrictions on March 11.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/03/11/homeland-security-acting-secretary-chad-f-wolf-s-statement-presidential-proclamation

And then the white house issued their official proclamation. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-nonimmigrants-certain-additional-persons-pose-risk-transmitting-2019-novel-coronavirus/

Based on those two official releases, it would seem that the quote you want to say is a lie was information provided to Trump by DHS on how they planned to implement his proclamation. He seemingly either dumbed 'enhanced screening' down to 'testing' or he didn't understand the scope of the screening being implemented. I think, at worst, the statement you're clinging to was made out of ignorance, but it's very likely he just used his own terminology instead of the official language out of brevity.

Hokie AND Hapless in PPP?  Am I hallucinating???

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

He claimed he was unaware.

Also, some nursing homes said no, while others took them because it meant more money in their pockets.

He was unaware of an executive order he signed?

Talk about a double standard.  

Whose executive actions led to more deaths?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1