The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Someone knows he's going to get annihilated at SCOTUS so they're getting ready to set up the States to take blame for flu season.  

What a horrific end to an embarrassing and completely disgusting first year in office - probably the worst in the history of the United States.  

What a joke he and all his real and fake supporters are that enabled this disaster 

"I'm going to shut down Covid."  

Lol yep.  Now it's going to be the State's fault and those evil unvaccinated.  

Except sane people are onto him.  Thank goodness for Joe Manchin and 2022, much less 2024, can't get here fast enough.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Except sane people are onto him.  Thank goodness for Joe Manchin and 2022, much less 2024, can't get here fast enough.

And if you remember back when Scott Brown was elected in Massachusetts, of all places, to stop Obama Care but the Congress passed it without going back to the floor for a vote, you can see the Democrats scorched earth policy at work here. Get the slimmest of a voting margin and then cram this crap down America’s throat before anyone can do anything to stop it. Simply horrible people! 

• Agree 1

These last couple days felt like something has palpably shifted

When omicron came out and the media went hysterical, I wrote that Omicron changed nothing. The early indications were that it was less dangerous than Delta, which was only 1/10th as bad as Alpha (that’s why the casedemic became so absurd under Delta as the fatalities never rose with the case counts).

But I was wrong about Omciron, in that it changed everything. 

It became very apparent very quickly that Omicron, with data showing 1/2 to 1/3 the lethality of Delta, was a nothing-burger.  Its super-contagiousness meant that COVID would be endemic, but benign.

Over the past few days the CDC moderated its stance on quarantine times, acknowledging the new reality. Here in Ontario the medical board announced no more PCR tests for the non-symptomatic – in other words, there will be no more histrionics over case counts. Schools will remain open, much to the chagrin of teachers’ unions and those conditioned by two-years of Pavlovian fear-mongering.

What I didn’t expect to happen so fast was the sudden narrative and policy shifts in the face of the undeniable reality that Omicron has ended the pandemic. Super-contagious yet mild in effects, with ultra low hospitalizations and near-zero fatalities, Omicron is nature’s detente with humanity. An all natural herd immunity (except for the part where it was probably, originally cooked up in a lab).

Ironically, the fact that the dominant strain is now a head-cold version of COVID should be good news.   However, for many this had become a religion.

There will be those who try to cling onto COVID tyranny for as long as possible and in doing so, they will perpetuate a state of hyper-normalization that will be self-defeating.

https://bombthrower.com/articles/its-2022-and-the-pandemic-is-over/#

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

When omicron came out and the media went hysterical, I wrote that Omicron changed nothing. The early indications were that it was less dangerous than Delta, which was only 1/10th as bad as Alpha (that’s why the casedemic became so absurd under Delta as the fatalities never rose with the case counts).

It became very apparent very quickly that Omicron, with data showing 1/2 to 1/3 the lethality of Delta, was a nothing-burger.  Its super-contagiousness meant that COVID would be endemic, but benign.

Over the past few days the CDC moderated its stance on quarantine times, acknowledging the new reality. Here in Ontario the medical board announced no more PCR tests for the non-symptomatic – in other words, there will be no more histrionics over case counts. Schools will remain open, much to the chagrin of teachers’ unions and those conditioned by two-years of Pavlovian fear-mongering.

What I didn’t expect to happen so fast was the sudden narrative and policy shifts in the face of the undeniable reality that Omicron has ended the pandemic. Super-contagious yet mild in effects, with ultra low hospitalizations and near-zero fatalities, Omicron is nature’s detente with humanity. An all natural herd immunity (except for the part where it was probably, originally cooked up in a lab).

Ironically, the fact that the dominant strain is now a head-cold version of COVID should be good news.   However, for many this had become a religion.

There will be those who try to cling onto COVID tyranny for as long as possible and in doing so, they will perpetuate a state of hyper-normalization that will be self-defeating.

you shiuld check out the Erie County Dept of Health’s facebook page.  Some of those people are mentally ill.

”Whyyy are things still OPEN?!!  We demand ANSWERS!  Waaaaaahhh!!!”

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

you shiuld check out the Erie County Dept of Health’s facebook page.  Some of those people are mentally ill.

”Whyyy are things still OPEN?!!  We demand ANSWERS!  Waaaaaahhh!!!”

Been saying for a while now that people that are still ate up with this are mentally ill. There is no return to normal life for them, they are damaged beyond repair.

Edited by billsfanmiamioh
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

"We can't vaccinate the planet every six months," says Covid-19 vaccine creator

Pollard, who also heads up the UK's Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunization (JCVI), stressed the "need to target the vulnerable" going forward, rather than administering doses to all those over 12 years old.

More data is needed to ascertain "whether, when and how often those who are vulnerable will need additional doses,” said Pollard.

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/omicron-variant-coronavirus-news-01-04-22/h_b563a607338c0ca3ff13520fa4d5f96e

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

"We can't vaccinate the planet every six months," says Covid-19 vaccine creator

Pollard, who also heads up the UK's Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunization (JCVI), stressed the "need to target the vulnerable" going forward, rather than administering doses to all those over 12 years old.

More data is needed to ascertain "whether, when and how often those who are vulnerable will need additional doses,” said Pollard.

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/omicron-variant-coronavirus-news-01-04-22/h_b563a607338c0ca3ff13520fa4d5f96e

No? Really? You mean you don’t give cancer drugs to people who don’t have cancer? 

COVID-19: New variant, B.1.640.2, detected in France - study

The variant, tentatively identified B.1.640.2, is believed to be Cameroonian in origin and have so far spread to 12 patients in southern France...

...Whether this new possible variant is just as bad will only be determined as experts gain further understanding of how it works.

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/coronavirus/article-691458

Cracking Up Lol GIF

18 hours ago, B-Man said:

1,000,000 cases in 1 day...awe the end is near....unless of course it us your 18 month old in hospital as a result if some rights activist refusing to help protect the vulnerable,  innocent and defenseless 

39 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

1,000,000 cases in 1 day...awe the end is near....unless of course it us your 18 month old in hospital as a result if some rights activist refusing to help protect the vulnerable,  innocent and defenseless 

No one is falling for that anymore.

Sorry it so upsets you.

What the Hell Do I Have to Do to Catch Omicron? “

Omicron may be world’s ‘natural’ vaccine that finally ends pandemic,’ reported the Daily Mail on New Year’s Eve Day.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10364503/Denmark-health-chief-says-Omicron-bringing-END-pandemic.html

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2022/01/03/what-the-hell-do-i-have-to-do-to-catch-omicron-n1546394

Edited by B-Man

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

Yep.  Al least countries who took the pandemic seriously, like China Canada and Australia, are back to normal now.

6 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Yep.  Al least countries who took the pandemic seriously, like China Canada and Australia, are back to normal now.

You are an a??. Every country has nuts who believe their right to drive st 100 miles per hour supercedes the rights of other citizens to be safe.

There us no way possible to control this pandemic, but you can assist in keeping the innocent child safe. 

35 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No one is falling for that anymore.

Sorry it so upsets you.

What the Hell Do I Have to Do to Catch Omicron? “

Omicron may be world’s ‘natural’ vaccine that finally ends pandemic,’ reported the Daily Mail on New Year’s Eve Day.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10364503/Denmark-health-chief-says-Omicron-bringing-END-pandemic.html

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2022/01/03/what-the-hell-do-i-have-to-do-to-catch-omicron-n1546394

The end may be insight for sure. This may be the natural vaccine. But thatdoes  not allow idiots the right to punish the innocent because of their beliefs. 

My belief is you should help protect the innocent so do I have the right to beat the crap out of the next anti masker I see.

28 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

My belief is you should help protect the innocent so do I have the right to beat the crap out of the next anti masker I see.

Lol

Then stand up for the kids being forced in masks in school or being sent home again 

You have everything **s backwards.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Lol

Then stand up for the kids being forced in masks in school or being sent home again 

You have everything **s backwards.  

Your ignorance about how to be a good citizen is amazing. Such a selfish approach. 

You must speed through crosswalks, red lights and school zones.

Children are not forced to wear masks unless their parents tell them and teach them they are. Many students understand how to help protect their friends.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Your ignorance about how to be a good citizen is amazing. Such a selfish approach. 

Children are not forced to wear masks unless their parents tell them and teach them they are. Many students understand how to help protect their friends.

Go ahead and do whatever you'd like up in Canada. We'll run on our country down here Niagara....but thanks for your constant, albeit very curious concern.

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

While we don’t agree on much, I always find the conversation interesting.  

This is one of those times where I don’t really follow you. 

Up a couple posts, you seem to question whether or not it’s appropriate to assault a fellow citizen who disagrees with your perspective, presumably in the name of the public good. 

How does one get to that point, where you even question if beating someone about the head/neck/body because they would rather self-manage the pandemic than be forced to submit to a voluntary vaccination? Would you attempt to throttle them during a bad flu season?  An outbreak of measles?  SARS?  Bad Thai food?

We’re losing perspective rapidly here.  Interestingly, the Aaron Rodgers debacle comes to mind.  A young, healthy individual declines to vaxx up, ends up with the ‘Vid, fights it off like millions of others and becomes the poster child for….what?  Choosing to decline the voluntary vax that he was certain his system could manage? 
Is the plan to beat up all the Aaron’s of the world, because there are a ton of them. 

I think people need to stay in their own lane. Mind their business.  They should get the shot if they want the shot…shot…shot…shot. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

While we don’t agree on much, I always find the conversation interesting.  

This is one of those times where I don’t really follow you. 

Up a couple posts, you seem to question whether or not it’s appropriate to assault a fellow citizen who disagrees with your perspective, presumably in the name of the public good. 

How does one get to that point, where you even question if beating someone about the head/neck/body because they would rather self-manage the pandemic than be forced to submit to a voluntary vaccination? Would you attempt to throttle them during a bad flu season?  An outbreak of measles?  SARS?  Bad Thai food?

We’re losing perspective rapidly here.  Interestingly, the Aaron Rodgers debacle comes to mind.  A young, healthy individual declines to vaxx up, ends up with the ‘Vid, fights it off like millions of others and becomes the poster child for….what?  Choosing to decline the voluntary vax that he was certain his system could manage? 
Is the plan to beat up all the Aaron’s of the world, because there are a ton of them. 

I think people need to stay in their own lane. Mind their business.  They should get the shot if they want the shot…shot…shot…shot. 

Chose not to vaxxed is your choice, but repeating others by social distance and masks is appropriate. It is not your right to endanger an 18 month old toddler any more than it is my right to beat the crap out of that person for endangering the child.

Eat road kill, just don't sell it to me as prime rib.

I could care less if anyone refuses vaccine. But with that comes a responsibility to your fellow citizens.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Go ahead and do whatever you'd like up in Canada. We'll run on our country down here Niagara....but thanks for your constant, albeit very 

Of course avoid the subject dude. Soon Cali will be out of the union.

30 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Chose not to vaxxed is your choice, but repeating others by social distance and masks is appropriate. It is not your right to endanger an 18 month old toddler any more than it is my right to beat the crap out of that person for endangering the child.

Eat road kill, just don't sell it to me as prime rib.

I could care less if anyone refuses vaccine. But with that comes a responsibility to your fellow citizens.

We should really just put a big on/off switch near the Peace Bridge so we can flip it on when we’re all in this together and flip it off when a Niagara Bill wants to go Nova Scotia postal on poor Leh-needed because he was driving his son’s car to pick up building supplies 30 miles from home and there wasn’t a dam mask to be found in the car.  

Fortunately Leh-n, not know for his soaring intellect beat the whole damn COVID virus by dragging his oversized shirt up over his mouth and nose as he wandered the home center, keeping his fellow citizens jockeying to get in front of him at check out safe and sound, while at the same time avoiding a bully beat down (maybe, Leh-nerd might be deceptively scrappy for a codger) from a guy screaming “Where’s your mask eh?  Where’s you’re $&@&ing mask?” followed by “I have zed tolerance for this crap!”  to no one in particular. 

The way I see it, reports suggest 63% of the population is fully vaxxed (whatever Faucci says that means on any given day) leaving 47% that might/should be the target of your rage on any given day.  

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

We should really just put a big on/off switch near the Peace Bridge so we can flip it on when we’re all in this together and flip it off when a Niagara Bill wants to go Nova Scotia postal on poor Leh-needed because he was driving his son’s car to pick up building supplies 30 miles from home and there wasn’t a dam mask to be found in the car.  

Fortunately Leh-n, not know for his soaring intellect beat the whole damn COVID virus by dragging his oversized shirt up over his mouth and nose as he wandered the home center, keeping his fellow citizens jockeying to get in front of him at check out safe and sound, while at the same time avoiding a bully beat down (maybe, Leh-nerd might be deceptively scrappy for a codger) from a guy screaming “Where’s your mask eh?  Where’s you’re $&@&ing mask?” followed by “I have zed tolerance for this crap!”  to no one in particular. 

The way I see it, reports suggest 63% of the population is fully vaxxed (whatever Faucci says that means on any given day) leaving 47% that might/should be the target of your rage on any given day.  

There is a switch...thank goodness.

Thanks for the effort with the shirt, hope it was a warm day. 

Stay safe and free, 

18 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Right-wing math in action right here

• Haha (+1) 1

We can put this argument to bed...I assume the NYTimes will be an acceptable source for Ostrichey-Leftist types...

It's finally occurred to me what's happening here, what's bothering me the most.  I only took one Philosophy course in college and found it to be mostly boring.  But I did take to (I think here, not going to look it up) John Stuart Mills' thesis about "Utilitarianism", which underpins Western Civilization, Philosophy and yes, Government.  I am pretty sure this thesis suggests that any rule or action should be juxtaposed against how it affects "the greater good", i.e. the Maximization of Overall Utility within the society.  This is what has me the most distraught about this Leftist invasion of our govt's thinking...there's no concept of what it means to destroy the lives of millions of young people when you really should just be protecting the vulnerable (elderly and sick)...

From the NYTimes article above, which is a tough read BTW:

Suicide attempts have risen, slightly among adolescent boys and sharply among adolescent girls. The number of E.R. visits for suspected suicide attempts by 12- to 17-year-old girls rose by 51 percent from early 2019 to early 2021, according to the C.D.C.

10 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I expect over time the biggest casualty of the pandemic will be the credibility of medical profession.  

Just mentioned that to my colleagues the other day. They all agreed.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

But only in Dem states…

Well some of my republican friends used too be, some family members died and some of went to the hospital. Plus other should not post here.  All listened to Republican and told them listening to them soo much. They don't know crap too. It's horrible what they went thru. For covid no longer listening to republicans myself.  Other topics yes. Just trying my best to be respectful. This really impacted me.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan