The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Well some of my republican friends used too be, some family members died and some of went to the hospital. Plus other should not post here.  All listened to Republican and told them listening to them soo much. They don't know crap too. It's horrible what they went thru. For covid no longer listening to republicans myself.  Other topics yes. Just trying my best to be respectful. This really impacted me.

My condolences for your losses. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Thanks man really appreciate the kind words. Sorry about that. Really hit hard.

I’ve only had an in-law, who I didn’t know well, die from it, but it’s hit me hard as well.  It’s why the lies about HCQ pissed me off so much and made me disgusted with certain people, among them the so-called “medical experts.”

On 1/7/2022 at 12:06 PM, Doc said:

I’ve only had an in-law, who I didn’t know well, die from it, but it’s hit me hard as well.  It’s why the lies about HCQ pissed me off so much and made me disgusted with certain people, among them the so-called “medical experts.”

Oh my. Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers. :( Know what you mean buddy.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7102e2.htm

Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR)

CDC

Facebook

Twitter

LinkedIn

Syndicate

Risk for Newly Diagnosed Diabetes >30 Days After SARS-CoV-2 Infection Among Persons Aged <18 years — United States, March 1, 2020–June 28, 2021

Early Release / January 7, 2022 / 71

Catherine E. Barrett, PhD1,2; Alain K. Koyama, ScD1,2; Pablo Alvarez, MPH1; Wilson Chow1; Elizabeth A. Lundeen, PhD1,2; Cria G. Perrine, PhD1; Meda E. Pavkov, MD, PhD2; Deborah B. Rolka, MS2; Jennifer L. Wiltz, MD1; Lara Bull-Otterson, PhD1; Simone Gray, PhD1; Tegan K. Boehmer, PhD1; Adi V. Gundlapalli, MD1; David A. Siegel, MD1; Lyudmyla Kompaniyets, PhD1; Alyson B. Goodman, MD1; Barbara E. Mahon, MD1; Robert V. Tauxe, MD1; Karen Remley, MD1; Sharon Saydah, PhD1 (View author affiliations)

View suggested citation

Summary

What is already known about this topic?

SARS-CoV-2 infection is associated with worsening of diabetes symptoms, and persons with diabetes are at increased risk for severe COVID-19. SARS-CoV-2 infection might also induce newly diagnosed diabetes.

What is added by this report?

Persons aged <18 years with COVID-19 were more likely to receive a new diabetes diagnosis >30 days after infection than were those without COVID-19 and those with prepandemic acute respiratory infections. Non–SARS-CoV-2 respiratory infection was not associated with an increased risk for diabetes.

What are the implications for public health practice?

The increased diabetes risk among persons aged <18 years following COVID-19 highlights the importance of COVID-19 prevention strategies in this age group, including vaccination for all eligible persons and chronic disease prevention and treatment.

Posted couple days ago from cdc. Lots more to read in link

Deltacron.  Sounds like a transformer.  

They are officially consulting Hollywood to assist with this script.  

Cyprus reportedly discovers a Covid variant that combines omicron and delta

A researcher in Cyprus has discovered a strain of the coronavirus that combines the delta and omicron variant, Bloomberg News reported Saturday.

"We will see in the future if this strain is more pathological or more contagious or if it will prevail" against the two dominant strains, delta and omicron, Kostrikis said in an interview with Sigma TV Friday. He believes omicron will also overtake deltacron, he added.

The researchers sent their findings this week to GISAID, an international database that tracks viruses, according to Bloomberg.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/08/cyprus-reportedly-discovers-a-covid-variant-that-combines-omicron-and-delta.html

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Deltacron.  Sounds like a transformer.  

They are officially consulting Hollywood to assist with this script.  

Cyprus reportedly discovers a Covid variant that combines omicron and delta

A researcher in Cyprus has discovered a strain of the coronavirus that combines the delta and omicron variant, Bloomberg News reported Saturday.

"We will see in the future if this strain is more pathological or more contagious or if it will prevail" against the two dominant strains, delta and omicron, Kostrikis said in an interview with Sigma TV Friday. He believes omicron will also overtake deltacron, he added.

The researchers sent their findings this week to GISAID, an international database that tracks viruses, according to Bloomberg.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/08/cyprus-reportedly-discovers-a-covid-variant-that-combines-omicron-and-delta.html

Can you imagine if they did this with the flu?  

All they are doing is greatly jeopardizing the response to the next great health crisis.  Nobody is going to believe these guys after this COVID nonsense.  Society will tune them out from the start, and perhaps that crisis will be more serious than COVID where you want people to pay attention.  

The liberal justices’ lies reveal the left’s addiction to virus fears

by Jonathan S. Tobin

Democrats, Big Tech social-media companies and the mainstream liberal media have spent two years raging about the spread of coronavirus misinformation, pointing their fingers at conservatives resisting government efforts to curb the disease’s spread via lockdowns, mask requirements and vaccine mandates.But it turns out the source of some of the worst pandemic myths wasn’t right-wing podcasters booted from Twitter for the sin of disagreeing with Dr. Anthony Fauci.They came from liberal Supreme Court justices. On Friday, the high court heard oral arguments about the Biden administration’s push to impose vaccine mandates on private employers.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/10/liberal-justices-lies-reveal-lefts-addiction-to-virus-fears/

afb011022dAPR20220110024601.jpg                  alg011122dAPR20220111124515.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Western Europe has been a leading indicator. Expect the same in North America. Still far and away the best preparation: get vaccinated/boosted. Most other measures are probably futile, but if hospitals become overtaxed it is also inevitable that some measures (limits on indoor events) will come into play in order to spread the wave over a greater period of time.

I am double vaxxed/boosted, as is my entire family. We all got COVID over the last couple weeks. No serious complications - just what felt like a head cold. We can weather the storm, but be smart. Think of yourself, your family, your neighbors, the medically vulnerable who may need that hospital bed you can avoid using by doing the prudent thing now.

I know many people here, including many suspicious of vaccines, try to live a Christian life. So do I. That's why I reject the "if you're vaccinated, why do you care whether I am?" line of argument. I have a responsibility to my family, my community, to others who may be expected to be impacted - negatively or positively - by my decisions.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

The liberal justices’ lies reveal the left’s addiction to virus fears

by Jonathan S. Tobin

Democrats, Big Tech social-media companies and the mainstream liberal media have spent two years raging about the spread of coronavirus misinformation, pointing their fingers at conservatives resisting government efforts to curb the disease’s spread via lockdowns, mask requirements and vaccine mandates.But it turns out the source of some of the worst pandemic myths wasn’t right-wing podcasters booted from Twitter for the sin of disagreeing with Dr. Anthony Fauci.They came from liberal Supreme Court justices. On Friday, the high court heard oral arguments about the Biden administration’s push to impose vaccine mandates on private employers.

https://nypost.com/2022/01/10/liberal-justices-lies-reveal-lefts-addiction-to-virus-fears/

afb011022dAPR20220110024601.jpg                  alg011122dAPR20220111124515.jpg

The real question is when does a comment rise to level of impeachment of a Supreme Court justice?  If the President can be impeached for an awkward reference in a phone call to Joe Biden's corruption, why is this Lady not being seriously looked at for removal from Office?  Justice is nowhere near blind when it comes to her approach to this case.

• 2 weeks later...

it finally happened. I got the Rona.  it hit me pretty hard but im happy to say i will be joining the 99.9% of others who survived it.  as promised, i didnt clog up the healthcare system with my unvaxxed butt.  

here's my meds that helped me greatly:  Vit C, Vit D3, aspirin, melatonin, quercetin, zinc, turmeric, black cumin seed, hydroxycloriquin, ivermectin.  (all taken from advice from a doctor.)  

7 minutes ago, Beach said:

it finally happened. I got the Rona.  it hit me pretty hard but im happy to say i will be joining the 99.9% of others who survived it.  as promised, i didnt clog up the healthcare system with my unvaxxed butt.  

here's my meds that helped me greatly:  Vit C, Vit D3, aspirin, melatonin, quercetin, zinc, turmeric, black cumin seed, hydroxycloriquin, ivermectin.  (all taken from advice from a doctor.)  

Glad you're feeling better.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Beach said:

Glad to hear you're on the mend. You'll now join the MILLIONS of Americans who've come out the other side.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Beach said:

I take it you can't afford human medicine?  Glad you are better, my mother in law has it right now triple vaxed.  She doesn't like it, but isn't in terrible shape.

Goes to show that talking points don't create reality.

14 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

I take it you can't afford human medicine?  Glad you are better, my mother in law has it right now triple vaxed.  She doesn't like it, but isn't in terrible shape.

Goes to show that talking points don't create reality.

those are human meds, silly!

• Haha (+1) 1

Correct.....again.

On 12/19/2021 at 12:43 PM, Big Blitz said:

Hmmm.....if only there were people warning folks about this coup since April of 2020.  

In a few months they're all going to be defending the Great Reset they said was fake and the wildest of conspiracy theories.  

Reuters | The Great Reset is real but ‘not a secret plot to create totalitarian rule’…

Edited by Big Blitz

https://www.bmj.com/content/376/bmj.o102

It's almost as if someone thinks they've been taken for a ride.

Data should be fully and immediately available for public scrutiny

In the pages of The BMJ a decade ago, in the middle of a different pandemic, it came to light that governments around the world had spent billions stockpiling antivirals for influenza that had not been shown to reduce the risk of complications, hospital admissions, or death. The majority of trials that underpinned regulatory approval and government stockpiling of oseltamivir (Tamiflu) were sponsored by the manufacturer; most were unpublished, those that were published were ghostwritten by writers paid by the manufacturer, the people listed as principal authors lacked access to the raw data, and academics who requested access to the data for independent analysis were denied.

The Tamiflu saga heralded a decade of unprecedented attention to the importance of sharing clinical trial data.56 Public battles for drug company data, transparency campaigns with thousands of signatures, strengthened journal data sharing requirements, explicit commitments from companies to share data, new data access website portals, and landmark transparency policies from medicines regulators all promised a new era in data transparency.

Progress was made, but clearly not enough. The errors of the last pandemic are being repeated. Memories are short. Today, despite the global rollout of covid-19 vaccines and treatments, the anonymised participant level data underlying the trials for these new products remain inaccessible to doctors, researchers, and the public—and are likely to remain that way for years to come. This is morally indefensible for all trials, but especially for those involving major public health interventions.

[snip]

As well as access to the underlying data, transparent decision making is essential. Regulators and public health bodies could release details such as why vaccine trials were not designed to test efficacy against infection and spread of SARS-CoV-2. Had regulators insisted on this outcome, countries would have learnt sooner about the effect of vaccines on transmission and been able to plan accordingly.

Big pharma is the least trusted industry. At least three of the many companies making covid-19 vaccines have past criminal and civil settlements costing them billions of dollars. One pleaded guilty to fraud. Other companies have no pre-covid track record. Now the covid pandemic has minted many new pharma billionaires, and vaccine manufacturers have reported tens of billions in revenue.

The BMJ supports vaccination policies based on sound evidence. As the global vaccine rollout continues, it cannot be justifiable or in the best interests of patients and the public that we are left to just trust “in the system,” with the distant hope that the underlying data may become available for independent scrutiny at some point in the future. The same applies to treatments for covid-19. Transparency is the key to building trust and an important route to answering people’s legitimate questions about the efficacy and safety of vaccines and treatments and the clinical and public health policies established for their use.

Twelve years ago we called for the immediate release of raw data from clinical trials. We reiterate that call now. Data must be available when trial results are announced, published, or used to justify regulatory decisions. There is no place for wholesale exemptions from good practice during a pandemic. The public has paid for covid-19 vaccines through vast public funding of research, and it is the public that takes on the balance of benefits and harms that accompany vaccination. The public, therefore, has a right and entitlement to those data, as well as to the interrogation of those data by experts.

Edited by LeviF

On 1/19/2022 at 7:28 PM, Beach said:

not just horses...

sheep.jpg

It's off topic but that label makes me laugh every single time I see it.  The dopey looking sheep.  The need to repeat ivermectin in parentheses.  The image you get of someone unleashing a torrent of bitterly cold SHEEP DRENCH on aforementioned dopey sheep.

20 minutes ago, dpberr said:

It's off topic but that label makes me laugh every single time I see it.  The dopey looking sheep.  The need to repeat ivermectin in parentheses.  The image you get of someone unleashing a torrent of bitterly cold SHEEP DRENCH on aforementioned dopey sheep.

makes me laugh too, my gf has worked with animals forever so this is the bottle we have in the house for our pets.

As we have always known.

New CDC report admits natural immunity was stronger than vaccination during Delta wave

by Vivek Saxena

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has finally acknowledged a point that COVID dissenters have been making since at least the creation of the first coronavirus vaccine: Natural immunity counts. A study published by the Biden CDC on Monday found that “persons with vaccine- and infection-derived immunity,” the latter of which is the agency’s term for natural immunity, “had much lower rates of hospitalization compared with those in unvaccinated persons” during the study period. Conducted in New York and California between May and November of 2021, the study also found that natural immunity offered even “greater” protection “after the highly transmissible Delta variant became predominant

https://americanwirenews.com/new-cdc-report-admits-natural-immunity-was-six-times-stronger-during-delta-wave-than-vaccination/

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/19/2022 at 7:04 PM, Doc said:

Well, HCQ has been banned for being deadly and ivermectin is only used on horses, so...

HCQ is not banned and it is not deadly.  A little over 20% of monthly prescriptions written and filled for the U.S. inflammation market are for HCQ.   So are doctors writing 10's of thousands of scripts per month that are killing lots of people?  The science and stats say no.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

As we have always known.

New CDC report admits natural immunity was stronger than vaccination during Delta wave

by Vivek Saxena

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has finally acknowledged a point that COVID dissenters have been making since at least the creation of the first coronavirus vaccine: Natural immunity counts. A study published by the Biden CDC on Monday found that “persons with vaccine- and infection-derived immunity,” the latter of which is the agency’s term for natural immunity, “had much lower rates of hospitalization compared with those in unvaccinated persons” during the study period. Conducted in New York and California between May and November of 2021, the study also found that natural immunity offered even “greater” protection “after the highly transmissible Delta variant became predominant

https://americanwirenews.com/new-cdc-report-admits-natural-immunity-was-six-times-stronger-during-delta-wave-than-vaccination/

But those with natural immunity and no vaccination are still treated as lepers.  Awesome! 

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

HCQ is not banned and it is not deadly.  A little over 20% of monthly prescriptions written and filled for the U.S. inflammation market are for HCQ.   So are doctors writing 10's of thousands of scripts per month that are killing lots of people?  The science and stats say no.   

It was sarcasm.  Hence the ellipsis at the end.

You must have missed the dozens of rants by me about how the 'rats lied about HCQ, just so people wouldn't use it and get better, and make Trump look good.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Vitamin D deficiency linked to severe COVID-19 and death, study confirms

Patients with vitamin D deficiency (less than 20 ng/mL) were 14 times more likely to have a severe or critical case of COVID than those with more than 40 ng/mL.

Strikingly, mortality among patients with sufficient vitamin D levels was 2.3%, in contrast to 25.6% in the vitamin D deficient group.

The findings highlight that low vitamin D level contributes significantly to disease severity and mortality.

The results suggest that it is advisable to maintain normal levels of vitamin D. This will be beneficial to those who contract the virus.

The evidence suggests that a patient’s history of vitamin D deficiency is a predictive risk factor associated with poorer COVID-19 clinical disease course and mortality.

https://knowridge.com/2022/02/vitamin-d-deficiency-linked-to-severe-covid-19-and-death-study-confirms/

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Patients with vitamin D deficiency (less than 20 ng/mL) were 14 times more likely to have a severe or critical case of COVID than those with more than 40 ng/mL.

Strikingly, mortality among patients with sufficient vitamin D levels was 2.3%, in contrast to 25.6% in the vitamin D deficient group.

The findings highlight that low vitamin D level contributes significantly to disease severity and mortality.

The results suggest that it is advisable to maintain normal levels of vitamin D. This will be beneficial to those who contract the virus.

The evidence suggests that a patient’s history of vitamin D deficiency is a predictive risk factor associated with poorer COVID-19 clinical disease course and mortality.

https://knowridge.com/2022/02/vitamin-d-deficiency-linked-to-severe-covid-19-and-death-study-confirms/

Bingo! History will show that telling people to stay inside was the WORST advice possible. 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Bingo! History will show that telling people to stay inside was the WORST advice possible. 

Vitamin C and D along with zinc help support the proper functioning of the immune system.  I also suggest 1000mg daily of amino acid L-Lysine. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

When all is said and done with this pandemic and we are able to look back at it without 100% partisan blinders, from both sides, the saddest and most disgusting part of the whole cluster ***** will be the damage done to children. The people responsible are disgusting monsters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 5

6 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

When all is said and done with this pandemic and we are able to look back at it without 100% partisan blinders, from both sides, the saddest and most disgusting part of the whole cluster ***** will be the damage done to children. The people responsible are disgusting monsters.

The “think of the children” battle cry of the left is subjective I guess. 

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

My wife and I went to a new primary care doctor (actually, a guy who I worked with when he used to do GI procedures) a year-and-a-half ago.  He tested our Vit D levels and found my wife was deficient.  She's been on high-dose Vit D for the better part of that time.  I've been taking some regular supplements of that plus zinc and Vit C (yummy gummies!).  From what I've read, serum zinc levels are a poor indicator of total body zinc, but (if it were possible) it would interesting to know if they were also zinc deficient.