The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

I can see if you read it and disagree that's one thing but to say no to reading an ex military general couldn't possibly have anything worthwhile to say , why? Because he identifies as a democrat? 

to me that is extremely whats the word "snowflake" SMH Im surprised frankly. What was written seems pretty common sensical to me

Edited by Margarita
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Margarita said:

this seemed to be the best thread to post this in.  I saw this letter written by Wesley K. Clark, a retired Army general and NATO's former supreme allied commander in Europe, was a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2004 and is a CNN military analyst. The views expressed in this commentary are his own. I happen to think it makes a ton of sense. Not that DT would listen or take heed to it but IMO he should. Its called President Trump,  Here's how to take control of this crisis.  https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/07/opinions/crisis-leadership-advice-for-president-trump-wesley-clark/index.html

Dear Mr. President,

Please do things that democrats can use in campaign events to make you look bad.  

My aim in writing this is to help you (lose the next election, because at the national level that is all anyone from my side of the aisle (and the Never Trumpers from the other side of the Aisle, too) care about).  

(Did he forget to put the stuff in parenthesis in the letter, or did CNN edit it out?)

Yep, great article. <_<

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

Dear Mr. President,

Please do things that democrats can use in campaign events to make you look bad.  

My aim in writing this is to help you (lose the next election, because at the national level that is all anyone from my side of the aisle (and the Never Trumpers from the other side of the Aisle, too) care about).  

(Did he forget to put the stuff in parenthesis in the letter, or did CNN edit it out?)

Yep, great article. <_<

for goodness sakes that's what you got from reading that? at least you read it I'll give you credit for that. Wow we clearly don't think alike at all. I thimk what you wrote was a crock of bull just to be clear geez

48 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Wilson was an unabashed racist who refused to integrate the US Army and to let African Americans to attend Princeton University. 

without a doubt...as mentioned, he refused tohave any kind of federal responce tot he Spanish Flu as he thought it would be harmful to the war effort. Granted, pre FDR, so the presidency and the Federal oversight was way less than today...buy any Federal intervention /reposnce may have saved 100 of thousands of life.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Margarita said:

I can see if you read it and disagree but to say no an ex military general couldn't possibly have anything worthwhile to say , why? Because he identifies as a democrat? 

I did read it, against my better judgement. I should have followed my instincts. I didn’t find anything in it other than the same tired criticisms

5 minutes ago, Margarita said:

for goodness sakes that's what you got from reading that? at least you read it I'll give you credit for that. Wow we clearly don't think alike at all. I thimk what you wrote was a crock of bull just to be clear geez

Knowing who General Clark is, yep.

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I did read it, against my better judgement. I should have followed my instincts. I didn’t find anything in it other than the same tired criticisms

Just now, Taro T said:

Knowing who General Clark is, yep.

So you guys are saying there wasn't anything new & alternative?

Shocking.

I think your uber Trump Bias is showing here and if it were anyone but DT being criticized I bet you'd see things differently and it would make a lot more sense. If a different author had penned it would that have made a difference? Maybe just maybe the "same old criticisms  hold water and your fandom of DT don't allow you to see it? Maybe?

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Margarita said:

I think your uber Trump Bias is showing here and if it were anyone but DT being criticized I bet you'd see things differently and it would make a lot more sense. If a different author had penned it would that have made a difference? Maybe just maybe the "same old criticisms  hold water and your fandom of DT don't allow you to see it? Maybe?

You said it was an alternative view.  It wasn't.  It's a rehash of the old criticism of Trump's bombastic personality. 

Newsflash, he ain't changing.  The people who are likely to vote for him stopped paying literal attention to what he says, knowing fully well that a lot of it is exaggerated.   

• Like (+1) 1

The whole intro is dedicated to the idea that Trump doesn't take criticism or suggestions well. Dr. Fauci has publicly stated that Trump has listened to all of their suggestions and not interfered with their conclusions. Perhaps the 'advice' would come across better if he opted to skip the personal attacks and just gave the suggestions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I didn’t vote for Trump, I have never liked Trump as a person, and I am not in any Trump fan clubs.  I am also not a fan of the non-stop criticism and blame during a national crisis. The letter started out with “This is your last chance to get it right” and went downhill from there.

You are welcome to have whatever opinions you want and I’ll have mine.  Don’t assume the motivations I have for my opinions.

16 minutes ago, GG said:

You said it was an alternative view.  It wasn't.  It's a rehash of the old criticism of Trump's bombastic personality. 

Newsflash, he ain't changing.  The people who are likely to vote for him stopped paying literal attention to what he says, knowing fully well that a lot of it is exaggerated.   

Trump, besides his career in NYC real estate development spent years as a showman on TV. While many here, including myself wish Trump would not raise expectations with his rhetoric, he still does. It's in his nature to speak as if he was presenting a "teaser" for an upcoming show. Think of him as a circus barker with The Greatest Show on Earth. With that said, the show might not be as good as claimed but it's certainly a damn good show and much better than any alternative. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Trump, besides his career in NYC real estate development spent years as a showman on TV. While many here, including myself wish Trump would not raise expectations with his rhetoric, he still does. It's in his nature to speak as if he was presenting a "teaser" for an upcoming show. Think of him as a circus barker with The Greatest Show on Earth. With that said, the show might not be as good as claimed but it's certainly a damn good show and much better than any alternative. 

Snake oil salesman. 

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think you all guys need a little "sexy cyborg" in here

Personally I think if our leaders give a clear and unambiguous message, people will do the right thing.  We saw that in the huge mobilization efforts around the World Wars.  We saw behavior change around seatbelts when massive public service campaigns were joined to legal penalties.  It's silly to say just many "won't wear masks"  - of course, when they see our President and VP/Task Force Leader not wearing masks, and when Missouri Governor says "it's a personal choice, I chose to not wear a mask", OF COURSE people won't wear masks.  But we could do the experiment.

I leave you with Better Hand Washing, courtesy of Naomi Wu

She has a nice personality....