The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Agreed. I couldn’t pick a better word to describe Trumps response to COVID.

Did you dance up a storm at Hart Island?  Did you laugh when 100 bodies were piled into U-Haul trucks on Utica Ave? 

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Agreed. I couldn’t pick a better word to describe Trumps response to COVID.

And I knew this would be your exact response. Boringly predictable. Now my turn to be predictable..

Please lay out Obama’s blueprint to combat a pandemic.   

Edited by Chef Jim

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And I knew this would be your exact response. Boringly predictable. Now my turn to be predictable..

Please lay out Obama’s blueprint to combat a pandemic.   

Fire the entire pandemic infrastructure - oh wait; that was Trumps plan. 

You want Obama’s? Go ask him. 

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Why was NYS a disaster, but WA did ok?

Why did you cheer NYS deaths?

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Obama left us a blue print.

And in the past 3.5 years into the Trump presidency - what has Trump done to prepare us for a pandemic besides golf?

* In 2018 Trump fired Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossart, whose job was to coordinate a response to global pandemics. He was not replaced.

* In 2018 Dr. Luciana Borio, the NSC director for medical and bio-defense preparedness left the job. Trump did not replace Dr. Borio.

* In 2018, at Trump’s direction, the CDC stopped funding epidemic prevention activities in 39 out of 49 countries including China.

* In 2019 the NSC’s Senior Director for Global Health Security and bio-defense, Tim Ziemer, left the position and Trump did not replace the Rear Admiral.

* Trump shut down the entire Global Health Security and Bio-defense agency. 

* Amid the explosive worldwide outbreak of the virus Trump proposed a 19% cut to the budget of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention plus a 10% cut to Public Health Services and a 7% cut to Global Health Services. Those happen to be the organizations that respond to public health threats.

Trump destroyed our infrastructure and blamed Obama; just like you are inferring.

image.jpeg

Wrong wrong and more wrong.  Lol destroyed our infrastructure.  Ok.  Like all the ICU units we have?  The ventilators?  None of these charges (especially the proposed cuts that neve happened) have anything to do with what transpired.  You know how I know this.  

Because it happened all over the world. 

Did Italy, Russia, Germany, Spain, France, Britain, Brazil, India, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands, Denmark, and countless others.......I guess they all just screwed up by firing or not replacing bureaucrats and cutting agencies around the world, right?  No mention of East Asian countries.....I'm fairly certain they already have immunities to this thing. That and extremely low obesity numbers. They didn't do anything diff......oh wait, Japan never locked down or even tested.  Everything stayed open and normal except schools.  

Japan doesn't even have our version of a CDC!  How in the world!??

Obama went thru the swine flu pandemic (in his first term; first months in office).  Which happened despite GW Bush (who went thru SARS in his first term) "warning" about future pandemics. 

Fauci knew every POTUS he served under saw a pandemic of some sort in each administration.  What was he advising us to do to prepare?  Anyone?  Dr...."What would you say....you do here?"

Can Obama stans tell us what it was Obama specifically did to prepare us for this? 

Trump inherited resources that were prepared for the flu with vaccines brimming with numbers like 30% effective rates, not new viruses.  We didn't know how to test for it, the kits we had didn't work and so on.  Maybe the worst thing we have learned has been getting confirmation the CDC was filled with a bunch of bureaucratic political hacks.. . .and the WHO is inherently an anti American entity that is in the pocket of China.  

But yes, Trump's fault.  

Carry on with your fake news.  

• Like (+1) 2

Yesterday, Friday, NO states were in triple digits, only TWO states had more than 50 Covid deaths, a whopping FORTY states recorded less than 25 deaths, and half of those had ZERO. So now with the curve reduced to less than a speed bump I guess we brace ourselves for the post riot surge. (Or....not.)

Edited by SoCal Deek

7 hours ago, BillStime said:

I’m asking you seeing, you know, you’re the one who said he has a blueprint. But I guess all he had was a pretty speech which was his forte. 

7 hours ago, BillStime said:

You’re just ignoring reality. Typical Trumphole

Good lord. And had the audacity to say I suck at this. And the sad thing is you think you’re winning. 

The BS about Trump getting rid of all of the pandemic fighting people in his administration is ludicrous. Obama vastly expanded the NSA and in some instances a bunch of people labeled as pandemic fighters got jobs. What Obama wanted to do with these people is unknown but they had jobs that were duplicated elsewhere. This has been discussed here before but partisan TDS idiots like BillSlime want to bring it back up because when you don't have facts to back up your position, the same old lies will have to suffice. Back in 2014 Obama addressed a future problem with a speech and then didn't do a damn thing about it. 

Beijing district in 'wartime mode' amid fresh coronavirus cases

Beijing closes city’s largest wholesale food market after detecting seven locally transmitted cases over two days.

He added that throat swabs from 45 people, out of 517 tested at the district's Xinfadi wholesale market, had tested positive for the new coronavirus, though none of them showed symptoms of COVID-19.

Military police were sent into the Fengtai district to "seal it off" and many planned public gatherings and sporting events were now cancelled.

Nine nearby schools and kindergartens were also closed.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/beijing-district-wartime-mode-fresh-coronavirus-cases-200613065127299.html

They do not fool around there

...we as electrical contractors are deemed an essential business under NYS guidelines, operating throughout this......180 electricians in the field......35 people in administration at our corporate office.....have taken every mandated as well as recommended precaution...and not ONE Covid-19 case (knock on wood)....what did we do wrong?.........

• Awesome! (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Wrong wrong and more wrong.  Lol destroyed our infrastructure.  Ok.  Like all the ICU units we have?  The ventilators?  None of these charges (especially the proposed cuts that neve happened) have anything to do with what transpired.  You know how I know this.  

Because it happened all over the world. 

Did Italy, Russia, Germany, Spain, France, Britain, Brazil, India, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands, Denmark, and countless others.......I guess they all just screwed up by firing or not replacing bureaucrats and cutting agencies around the world, right?  No mention of East Asian countries.....I'm fairly certain they already have immunities to this thing. That and extremely low obesity numbers. They didn't do anything diff......oh wait, Japan never locked down or even tested.  Everything stayed open and normal except schools.  

Japan doesn't even have our version of a CDC!  How in the world!??

Obama went thru the swine flu pandemic (in his first term; first months in office).  Which happened despite GW Bush (who went thru SARS in his first term) "warning" about future pandemics. 

Fauci knew every POTUS he served under saw a pandemic of some sort in each administration.  What was he advising us to do to prepare?  Anyone?  Dr...."What would you say....you do here?"

Can Obama stans tell us what it was Obama specifically did to prepare us for this? 

Trump inherited resources that were prepared for the flu with vaccines brimming with numbers like 30% effective rates, not new viruses.  We didn't know how to test for it, the kits we had didn't work and so on.  Maybe the worst thing we have learned has been getting confirmation the CDC was filled with a bunch of bureaucratic political hacks.. . .and the WHO is inherently an anti American entity that is in the pocket of China.  

But yes, Trump's fault.  

Carry on with your fake news. 

Wow - what a bunch bullschitt.

Not only did Trump destroy our ability to respond quickly he lied to us by not sharing intelligence he received back in November. 

Why? Because Trump *knew* it would destroy his signature economy and it did. 

Keep blaming Obama; keep blaming China; and the rest of the world - but in the United States - the buck stops down here:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29e84b4bebbcc4e12cd3

23 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The BS about Trump getting rid of all of the pandemic fighting people in his administration is ludicrous. Obama vastly expanded the NSA and in some instances a bunch of people labeled as pandemic fighters got jobs. What Obama wanted to do with these people is unknown but they had jobs that were duplicated elsewhere. This has been discussed here before but partisan TDS idiots like BillSlime want to bring it back up because when you don't have facts to back up your position, the same old lies will have to suffice. Back in 2014 Obama addressed a future problem with a speech and then didn't do a damn thing about it. 

The House had his hands tied controlling the budget , 2 expensive wars to fund , and less funding to repair the military

Budget Control Act of 2011

An Act to provide for budget control.
Enacted by    the 112th United States Congress
Effective    August 2, 2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_Control_Act_of_2011

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

The House had his hands tied controlling the budget , 2 expensive wars to fund , and less funding to repair the military

Budget Control Act of 2011

An Act to provide for budget control.
Enacted by    the 112th United States Congress
Effective    August 2, 2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_Control_Act_of_2011

Compare uses of the bully pulpit used by Trump regarding funding for The Wall vs. Obama for pandemic precautions. If a president wants funding for something that is reasonable and important to him/her they can get it done. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I’m asking you seeing, you know, you’re the one who said he has a blueprint. But I guess all he had was a pretty speech which was his forte. 

And the sad thing is you think you’re winning. 

Jim, let me Google that for you:

Of Course the Trump Administration Ignored a Step-by-Step Guide to Fighting a Coronavirus-esque Pandemic

Evidence Shows Obama Team Left A Pandemic ‘Game Plan’ For Trump Administration

Obama officials walked Trump aides through global pandemic exercise in 2017: report

Can you please make any more excuses for Trumps incompetence? Please? 

???

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Of Course the Trump Administration Ignored a Step-by-Step Guide to Fighting a Coronavirus-esque Pandemic

Obama officials walked Trump aides through global pandemic exercise in 2017: report

???

BRAVO!!  And that's how you do it!  That's how you win and prove someone (me) wrong.  Not leaping first to TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP.  Work on your tactics and we might just take you seriously.  

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Trump to hold rally during a pandemic, lol. Awesome! 

For anyone wondering why the media keeps flogging a nearly dead horse, here is an example of why continuing the Covid hype is occurring. 

It is so that people can manufacture outrage over a Trump rally and claim how reckless he is. 

Just like BillStime trying to use a six year old video of Obama paired with fragments of facts to lay Covid blame entirely at Trump’s feet. 

Theres enough Trump material to crack him over the head with, but it isn’t enough.  People like to hope for more infections and mis-shape the recent past just because they hate the guy in office.

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

BRAVO!!  And that's how you do it!  That's how you win and prove someone (me) wrong.  Not leaping first to TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP.  Work on your tactics and we might just take you seriously.  

...SERIOUSLY?....I prefer waking up on Saturday with diarrhea versus his fecal droppings.....

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

For anyone wondering why the media keeps flogging a nearly dead horse, here is an example of why continuing the Covid hype is occurring. 

It is so that people can manufacture outrage over a Trump rally and claim how reckless he is. 

Just like BillStime trying to use a six year old video of Obama paired with fragments of facts to lay Covid blame entirely at Trump’s feet. 

Theres enough Trump material to crack him over the head with, but it isn’t enough.  People like to hope for more infections and mis-shape the recent past just because they hate the guy in office.

Remind me  - who is the President of the United States?

And NO - FKER - people like ME do not LIKE and HOPE for more infection and death. My parents are at high risk - I don't want to lose them because our leadership destroyed our infrastructure and ignored critical data in November - because they are SELFISH AF!

Just like you bro!

Edited by BillStime

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

???

I clicked through some of that to find this document Obama left:
https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6819268/Pandemic-Playbook.pdf

I only scanned through it but it honestly looks totally worthless other than to show who can be blamed if SHTF....

10 hours ago, BillStime said:

You’re just ignoring reality. Typical Trumphole

You mean reality like these deaths that you've been cheering?    Was the Federal government responsible for this disaster?

6 hours ago, Magox said:

@GG I believe you were making mention of this

It was worse on the Upper East Side 2-3 weeks ago.

7 minutes ago, Cinga said:

I clicked through some of that to find this document Obama left:
https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6819268/Pandemic-Playbook.pdf

I only scanned through it but it honestly looks totally worthless other than to show who can be blamed if SHTF....

I hate quoting myself but want to keep this together instead of an edit.... When you click on that document link, look at your tab... IT'S IN CHINESE!

13 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

If you can have protests for weeks, and riots, why not a rally?

#OrangeManBad

Besides, dontchya know the Wuhan virus does not spread during protesting, looting, or rioting, but it jumps people sitting next to one another at a Trump rally!? 

• Like (+1) 1