The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

32 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Think of this as me who constantly tells you to ***** yourself asking you to join me in unity and multiply it by every media member/organization he has shat upon.

It's going to take more than a ***** tweet

You're right: it's going to take people growing the ***** up and listening to the message, not dismissing it outright because of who is giving it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Trump can gain a lot of ground by saying 3 things tonight

I was wrong

The virus is not a hoax

The virus is not the same as the flu

I think the majority of the country cares about learning more and doing what they can to help control this. I don’t think they really give a ***** about right vs. left. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I think the majority of the country cares about learning more and doing what they can to help control this. I don’t think they really give a ***** about right vs. left. 

I think so too. I bet you an Avatar, though, Trump talks ***** about a Democrat or tries to blame someone tonight

Edited by Gary Busey

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

To be clear, I am not a physician and do not work in the ER.  I do cardiovascular research, 2 of the investigators in our group are ER docs.

No, I do not curtail my parents activities due to the flu, but I am now as this is different. This is not the flu virus where worst case you're looking at an extreme immune reaction with pneumonia and sepsis.  Covid-19 in the lungs will directly attack and possibly permanently damage your lung tissue.  If you survive, it will be a most painful experience.

I think a very important thing to mention is while you quote similarities to flu statistics, Covid-19 is just ramping up and is most likely more infectious than the flu.  So statistical comparisons at this point are truly not valid.

Covid-19 will undoubtedly be more infectious than the flu and probably more lethal also.  But we won't know until it's all said and done.

I understand where you're coming from with all the previous viruses, and they have helped prepare us for this one.  Isolation and quarantine was what stamped out all those others, especially SARS.

The most important problem here is that infected people can be asymptomatic and still spread it.  That is a big problem and why for the first time large events are being cancelled and people like Nunes are self-quarantining.

We have a novel virus with currently little way of fighting those with severe infections.  It's not about an apocalypse it's about limiting or slowing its spread to keep deaths to a minimum while medical science addresses the problem.  

Hiding?  I'll be steelhead fishing, hiking, running, working, doing as much as I can while limiting exposure to others.  But if I need to "hide" for two to three weeks to squash the spread of this virus?  Damn right I will and I pray you see the sense in that also.  It's the intelligent way to be in this case.

Great post man. 

9 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

The main thing is people should be helping and caring for eachother.  Biggest thing right now. 

18 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Great post man. 

The main thing is people should be helping and caring for eachother.  Biggest thing right now. 

Agreed. The only one that shouldn’t have any worries right now is Nelson Algohor.

He can’t catch anything. 

• Haha (+1) 5

41 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Trump can gain a lot of ground by saying 3 things tonight

I was wrong

The virus is not a hoax

The virus is not the same as the flu

You dumbass, Trump never said those things. You are part of the problem. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Travel to Europe suspended for 30 days.........Restrictions don’t apply to UK.

Trump: The to vast majority of Americans the risk is very very low.

All co payments waived for corona.

I wonder will the Left go with.........."not enough..............He's a dictator"  .......or "Too late"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You dumbass, Trump never said those things. You are part of the problem. 

I'm happy Trump suspend Europe for 30 days.  Just worried here USA as of right now. Just unsure lots of sick here already. Going to see next few days for that.  Hoping everything works out. 

Ya man I respect you lots of times might disagree but I respect you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

I'm happy Trump suspend Europe for 30 days.  Just worried here USA as of right now. Just unsure lots of sick here already. Going to see next few days for that.  Hoping everything works out. 

Ya man I respect you lots of times might disagree but I respect you.

Nothing wrong with disagreeing. You aren't a dumbass about it so civil discussion is possible. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Very good statement.

Brief, to the point

Serious tone.

Reviews actions already taken (to counter the spin out there)

Decisive proposals made.

Left politics out of it.

I watched it on CBS.  After the speech they said the reason the sporting venue's and big meetings were not to have spectators was because there was not enough kits to test people.  What a bull#### company.  I wonder how the other stations handled it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Very good statement.

Brief, to the point

Serious tone.

Decisive proposals made.

Left politics out of it.

He sounded like he has the virus, strained breathing...

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Very good statement.

Brief, to the point

Serious tone.

Decisive proposals made.

Left politics out of it.

Ah, but it's now time to let Nancy & Chuck go to work.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Ah, but it's now time to let Nancy & Chuck go to work.

Are they seriously doing a Chuck 'n Nancy rebuttal puppet show?

21 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

Holy $&@?...he locked out Europe

That was unexpected!   Guess they can't whine about him not taking it seriously anymore.

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Are they seriously doing a Chuck 'n Nancy rebuttal puppet show?

That was unexpected!   Guess they can't whine about him not taking it seriously anymore.

Is the Pope Catholic? They haven't announced it yet but I'm sure they will.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Never met Tom Hanks but i'm related to him when my dad took a dna testone day said to them. To Abraham Lincoln related as well. Hope nothing happens to him.

I heard he asked to be quarantined on a deserted island with Wilson. 

• Haha (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, TPS said:

He sounded like he has the virus, strained breathing...

How long will this level headed Trump last? This is how he should always be instead of attacking everyone actually talk about the problem.

That is all I wanted was for him to take this seriously and he did. I hope he realizes he can do this for more than just 1 press conference.

Edited by Hardhatharry

1 minute ago, Hardhatharry said:

How long will this level headed Trump last? This is how he should always be instead of attacking everyone actually talk about the problem.

He read a script, much like Monday’s presser. They need to take his phone away too. 

2 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Yes but it probably made Foxx and 3rdnlng angry to see him actually talk about the problem.

You just don't get it do you? You leftists love to actually try to pin what you do on others. 

• Like (+1) 6