The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/502890-fauci-why-the-public-wasnt-told-to-wear-masks

He did simply say it. If you don't pay attention to the news, perhaps you don't know what you are talking about.

Since I have disproven that allegation of yours, you are free to run away and attack me on a different front.

But I'm the dim one in this discussion.

What part of this can you not understand..

He specifically said masks were of no use and never mentioned using cloth face coverings...he never said once "please, do not buy masks, but please cover your face with something to help limit the spread"

so you have a choice of two things

1) he lied to Americans about the efficacy of face covering...believing one thing while telling us something different. You good with that? 

2) He truly did not believe face coverings matter and changed  his opinion as the evidence changed...that's what I believe happened. 

Have no idea why you want to  believe he has no integrity, i respect the hell out of the man..appears you do not.

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

Just checking....u are a Trump dude....What is Trumps batting percentage on truth and accuracy concerting cv19

Trump is a stooge and bad for this country...what the hell does that have to do with Fauci being wrong on so many aspects of this virus?

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Can someone share the link to the data that says because Trump voters are not wearing masks in hot spots is the reason why "cases!" have gone up.

Thank you.  Appreciated. 

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

Just checking....u are a Trump dude....What is Trumps batting percentage on truth and accuracy concerting cv19

Masks don't matter.  

HCQ works. 

It will eventually go away but Governor Karens aren't naturally letting it run its course.  

Kids need to be in school.  They won't be because The NEA is the 2nd most powerful union on the planet after the MLBPA.  

This country is under attack by Communists.

Solid on everything so far. 

No no professor.  How dare we even think of doing that!  Clearly you want grandma to die!

We should stop counting cases and be full normal.  Your choice to hide in the basement no one is making you go to a Bills game.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

#1) Fauci has been wrong on just about everything so far..masks, # of infections and deaths, virus going away in summer only to get hit with 2nd wave, ..tell what he has gotten right

2) Fauci can go on any damn TV show that wants to have him on..

3) Where the hell did this quote come from? You scared to post the source?

QFT.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Fauci is a convenient government stooge. I work with guys just like him, but only at the state level. Can you guess why he’s ‘served’ so many administrations over the years? It’s not because he’s a genius. It’s because he’s figured out a way to be totally non-threatening while hanging around the Washington swamp and rarely being called upon to do much of anything at all for years and years. (I’m guessing most of you have a guy or gal in your own office with a similar skill set.) It’s not a bad gig really. He collects a six figure salary, lives in a nice house and pretty much blows in the wind so he doesn’t have to move his family every four or eight years. Then you get a virus from China out of nowhere and the President asks his staff “who’s our point man on this?” and they reply somebody wake up Fauci over at disease control....everyone says: “Is he even still there?”

...I think Dr Phil and Dr Ruth should take over for Fauci and Birx to satisfy the masses here................

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

What part of this can you not understand..

He specifically said masks were of no use and never mentioned using cloth face coverings...he never said once "please, do not buy masks, but please cover your face with something to help limit the spread"

so you have a choice of two things

1) he lied to Americans about the efficacy of face covering...believing one thing while telling us something different. You good with that? 

2) He truly did not believe face coverings matter and changed  his opinion as the evidence changed...that's what I believe happened. 

Have no idea why you want to  believe he has no integrity, i respect the hell out of the man..appears you do not.

Trump is a stooge and bad for this country...what the hell does that have to do with Fauci being wrong on so many aspects of this virus?

You have the GOP talking points down pat - give it a freakn rest.

image.thumb.jpeg.6f8c4be2f566ed9c51040af0d6517b07.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

As Texas morgues fill up, refrigerator trucks are on the way in several counties

More than 3,000 Texans have died from the coronavirus and counties are preparing for even more deaths by expanding their capacities to store bodies.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/10/texas-coronavirus-deaths-morgues-capacity/

...make a reservation...........

2 hours ago, Magox said:

Los Angeles initiated a mandatory ban on masks nearly a month ago.  They have not opened up their economy as much as other cities.  They are home to one of the most paternalistic governors and mayors in the country.  The populace of Los Angeles are largely leftists who despise Trump, meaning whatever Trump says they don’t care.

And yet, Los Angeles has one of the worst if not worst viral outbreaks in the country.

Facts matter

Facts matter.  Texas getting the cr** but still light years ahead of NY.  People want the rest of the states to be like NY - the death toll would be terrible.  Why is Cuomo getting all the love other than the D next to his name?

https://www.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

BG would you PLEASE stop posting facts?....you're dampening my hysteria......

It seems that more testing is resulting in more positives. More positives, as long as it is not turning into a hospital stay/death, is not a bad thing as it is leading to the holy grail of herd immunity. I thought herd immunity was the hope as a vaccine may not be imminent?

One of the things I am reading is that the hold on elective surgeries is again causing other issues. Although procedures that have been put off since March may no longer fall under the "elective" heading. ?‍♂️ 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, TH3 said:

He actually can't stand Trump, but because he's capable of independent thought and disagrees with leftists about the Fauci issues, you naturally assume he's "a Trump dude."

You provide the clearest example of what it looks like to be a far left nut with literally no ability to think for yourself. When someone disagrees with you, you predictably drop to your natural, lazy assumptions over and over and over.

So embarrassingly predictable.

• Like (+1) 4

PAUL RAHE: 

The Case Against Further Lockdowns.

"Reopening Schools Will Be a Huge Undertaking. It Must Be Done" — say the editors of the NYT.

I'm surprised to see this mainly because it accords with what Trump has been saying — at least at a high level of generality. I'm sure there will be pointed disagreements with Trump about the specifics. 

Edited by B-Man

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It seems that more testing is resulting in more positives. More positives, as long as it is not turning into a hospital stay/death, is not a bad thing as it is leading to the holy grail of herd immunity. I thought herd immunity was the hope as a vaccine may not be imminent?

One of the things I am reading is that the hold on elective surgeries is again causing other issues. Although procedures that have been put off since March may no longer fall under the "elective" heading. ?‍♂️ 

...I can tell you FACTUALLY that I have two employees whose college age students had elective surgeries postponed......now with those being approved, hospitals are scrambling to re-book them as an immediate source of lost revenue due to postponement.....Covid-19 testing is a prerequisite test.....and both students tested positive despite being asymptomatic pre and post subsequent testing.....neither would have known as being Covid-19 infected without pre-surgical screening....the inexplicable part to me is the increase in hospital ICU admissions.....fear?...anxiety?...overreaction?.....don't hospitalizations spike perennially during the flu season, perhaps unnecessarily for the same reasons?.....I've had the flu perhaps six times in 67 years but never once considered hospitalization....

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

He actually can't stand Trump, but because he's capable of independent thought and disagrees with leftists about the Fauci issues, you naturally assume he's "a Trump dude."

You provide the clearest example of what it looks like to be a far left nut with literally no ability to think for yourself. When someone disagrees with you, you predictably drop to your natural, lazy assumptions over and over and over.

...yet if you ask that gang to erase Trump from the equation and to propose THEIR GUY who would be the "Covid-19 Leader Extraordinaire" to lead us to the cure, they offer SQUAT...a/k/a crickets.......how come??.......OR...ask them what THEY would do differently.....MORE crickets......they can't deal with daily stuff let alone the need for reactive Crisis Management to face something like nothing before perhaps 1917..........

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Amazing. This is the other theory i just briefly referenced yesterday That I wanted to expand on at a later time.  I actually Brought this up close to 2 months ago.

That COVID-19 antibody herd-immunity is typically viewed by laymans in terms of countries.  That X country has or hasn’t reached herd immunity.  But clearly, you can’t really view it in terms of countries you have to Geographically break it down further.  States to even further pinpointed to cities.

But really it goes much further than that.  To Boroughs and even pinpointed more to neighborhoods.   

Most likely there are sections of a city that may tend to exhibit riskier behavior to contract and spread the virus more so than others based off of logistical structuring and cultural behaviors.   If these places have already hit herd like immunities then the odds of that place becoming a vector for transmission to other parts of the city by extension neighboring cities lessens.

I think this with the Possible T cell immunities that people have developed due to previous coronaviruses and viruses bodes well for the upcoming winter.

With that said, I do think we will see continuous rolling waves over the next 3-6 months.  The places that haven’t been hit all that hard will most likely get hit.  Even rural places.   

Thankfully treatments are getting better to deal with the virus for those that are most vulnerable.  And of course that the virus is not that harmful to the vast majority of the population.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Magox said:

Amazing. This is the other theory i just briefly referenced yesterday That I wanted to expand on at a later time.  I actually Brought this up close to 2 months ago.

That COVID-19 antibody herd-immunity is typically viewed by laymans in terms of countries.  That X country has or hasn’t reached herd immunity.  But clearly, you can’t really view it in terms of countries you have to Geographically break it down further.  States to even further pinpointed to cities.

But really it goes much further than that.  To Boroughs and even pinpointed more to neighborhoods.   

Most likely there are sections of a city that may tend to exhibit riskier behavior to contract and spread the virus more so than others based off of logistical structuring and cultural behaviors.   If these places have already hit herd like immunities then the odds of that place becoming a vector for transmission to other parts of the city by extension neighboring cities lessens.

I think this with the Possible T cell immunities that people have developed due to previous coronaviruses and viruses bodes well for the upcoming winter.

With that said, I do think we will see continuous rolling waves over the next 3-6 months.  The places that haven’t been hit all that hard will most likely get hit.  Even rural places.   

Thankfully treatments are getting better to deal with the virus for those that are most vulnerable.  And of course that the virus is not that harmful to the vast majority of the population.

I believe this is the case. Im all for opening up and am happy we did. That said, the places that are being hit now are those thst didnt before for the most part. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Independent thought police - aka@Deranged Rhino @Winston Zeddemore -  how many freakn logins do you have?

Let’s open every school and just see what (might) happen. 

A Christian Summer Camp Shut Down After 82 Kids And Staff Got The Coronavirus

Dont worry - Trump will just blame someone else like he always does.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...make a reservation...........

You’re one sick person. 

@Chef Jim - another missed opportunity. Sad.

Edited by BillStime

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You’re one sick person. 

What opportunity have I missed?

Edited by Chef Jim

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You’re one sick person. 

BuzzFeed? Seriously? You're a big believer in science, did you know according to science, kids have a 0.01% chance of getting or spreading the virus?

15 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

BuzzFeed? Seriously? You're a big believer in science, did you know according to science, kids have a 0.01% chance of getting or spreading the virus?

You wouldn’t care if it were Fox News or REDSTATE - you are programmed not to care to about facts and reality.

At the end of the day - we really don’t know 100% what might happen with this virus but let’s throw our kids back into schools and see what happens.

Lets do it! 

image.thumb.jpeg.c484c1d84c825fa811c36a4447abbd8a.jpeg

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You wouldn’t care if it were Fox News or REDSTATE - you are programmed not to care to about facts and reality.

At the end of the day - we really don’t know 100% what might happen with this virus but let’s throw our kids back into schools and see what happens.

Lets do it! 

I have been taking that chance since this all began.

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

PAUL RAHE:   The Case Against Further Lockdowns.

"Reopening Schools Will Be a Huge Undertaking. It Must Be Done" — say the editors of the NYT.

I'm surprised to see this mainly because it accords with what Trump has been saying — at least at a high level of generality. I'm sure there will be pointed disagreements with Trump about the specifics. 

1 hour ago, Magox said:

The two things worry the most is how long antibody last. There is some saying might not last long. Well see future topic on this. 

Mutation. Seems like the virus trying to be more infectious and less deadly. Hopefully stays this route and be less deadly for everyone. But worrys me if does something different in mutating. 

Ya our rural area has lots of test and roughly been 1-4 cases per day. Rural area. Highest I think 5  (for one day)for NY witch is good. But then see the border only have about 700 tests 5 miles away only like 26 cases. Lot's less tests. I'm confused lol. Rural but but bigger town then one here in NY.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

41 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Lets do it! 

When do we know 100% of what will happen of anything we do?

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Lets do it! 

“We don’t know 100%”? That’s your argument?  Seriously?

• Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, BillStime said:

No one reads your schitt

Most people do.

Unless you are referring to yourself as "no one"

Yet you respond without knowing what the articles truly say.............the sign of a fool.

• Like (+1) 2