The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

7 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

A very reasonable assesment of this whole episode.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1252046878314770432?s=01

Awe that’s cute. Dan’s fatal mistake is that he starts his defense of Trump using dates in January - and fails to mention that Trump admin knew in November. 

He also fails to mention that Trump absolutely destroyed our global pandemic Infrastructure:

* Trump declined to use the World Health Organization’s test like other nations. Back in January, over a month before the first Co-vid19 case, the Chinese posted a new mysterious virus and within a week, Berlin virologists had produced the first diagnostic test. By the end of February, the WHO had shipped out tests to 60 countries. Oh, but not our government. We declined the test even as a temporary bridge until the CDC could create its own test. The question is why?

* In 2018 Trump fired Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossart, whose job was to coordinate a response to global pandemics. He was not replaced.

* In 2018 Dr. Luciana Borio, the NSC director for medical and bio-defense preparedness left the job. Trump did not replace Dr. Borio.

* In 2019 the NSC’s Senior Director for Global Health Security and bio-defense, Tim Ziemer, left the position and Trump did not replace the Rear Admiral.

* Trump shut down the entire Global Health Security and Bio-defense agency. 

* Amid the explosive worldwide outbreak of the virus Trump proposed a 19% cut to the budget of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention plus a 10% cut to Public Health Services and a 7% cut to Global Health Services. Those happen to be the organizations that respond to public health threats.

* In 2018, at Trump’s direction, the CDC stopped funding epidemic prevention activities in 39 out of 49 countries including China.

* Trump has on multiple occasions sowed doubt about the severity of the virus even using the word hoax at events and rallies. He even did it at an event where the virus was being spread. Trump has put out zero useful information concerning the health risks of the virus.

* Trump pretended the virus had been contained.

* Trump left a cruise ship at sea for days, denying them proper hospital care, rather than increase his numbers in America.

Edited by BillStime

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Awe that’s cute. Dan’s fatal mistake is that he starts his defense of Trump using dates in January - and fails to mention that Trump admin knew in November. 

He also fails to mention that Trump absolutely destroyed our global pandemic Infrastructure:

* Trump declined to use the World Health Organization’s test like other nations. Back in January, over a month before the first Co-vid19 case, the Chinese posted a new mysterious virus and within a week, Berlin virologists had produced the first diagnostic test. By the end of February, the WHO had shipped out tests to 60 countries. Oh, but not our government. We declined the test even as a temporary bridge until the CDC could create its own test. The question is why?

* In 2018 Trump fired Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossart, whose job was to coordinate a response to global pandemics. He was not replaced.

* In 2018 Dr. Luciana Borio, the NSC director for medical and bio-defense preparedness left the job. Trump did not replace Dr. Borio.

* In 2019 the NSC’s Senior Director for Global Health Security and bio-defense, Tim Ziemer, left the position and Trump did not replace the Rear Admiral.

* Amid the explosive worldwide outbreak of the virus Trump proposed a 19% cut to the budget of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention plus a 10% cut to Public Health Services and a 7% cut to Global Health Services. Those happen to be the organizations that respond to public health threats.

* In 2018, at Trump’s direction, the CDC stopped funding epidemic prevention activities in 39 out of 49 countries including China.

* Trump has on multiple occasions sowed doubt about the severity of the virus even using the word hoax at events and rallies. He even did it at an event where the virus was being spread. Trump has put out zero useful information concerning the health risks of the virus.

And all fro CNN 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Coronavirus brings Europe’s borders back: The coronavirus has not just brought globalization to a standstill. The COVID-19 crisis also shows how fragmented united Europe actually is — not only relations between countries but between generations and classes. 

The class divide is the topic of my USA Today column tomorrow. by Glenn Reynolds

NEWS YOU CAN USE: Coronavirus masks: What’s the difference between N95 and KN95?

GOOD: Israel, US law-firms sue China for trillions over coronavirus. Mao wrote about paper tigers, but if he’d ever faced a major discovery operation he’d have had more respect for paper.

12 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

A very reasonable assesment of this whole episode.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1252046878314770432?s=01

Interesting, not one Trump sound bite and none of his tweets. Hmmm, is that because he would look stupid saying the things that he said?  I thought he was pleased with China and their efforts and transparency? Even thanked them on behalf of the American people. 

How about the “original 15?” Well I guess you can’t really worry about 15 because everyone was getting better and it would be down to zero, so no biggie! It’s under control! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Yet another lie dispelled:

More than a dozen U.S. researchers, physicians and public health experts, many of them from the CDC were working at the Geneva headquarters of the WHO as the coronavirus emerged late last year and transmitted real-time information about its discovery and spread in China to the Trump regime.

Americans at World Health Organization transmitted real-time information about coronavirus to Trump administration

trump-coronavirus-meme.png

Yet another carefully worded article that fails to live up to its claim.  There is no claim in the article about communication in December.  It states deliberations that happened in mid to late January and it gives no detail on the nature of the communication to the Trump admin. 

5 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Yet another carefully worded article that fails to live up to its claim.  There is no claim in the article about communication in December.  It states deliberations that happened in mid to late January and it gives no detail on the nature of the communication to the Trump admin. 

Trump knew. 

Trump knew in November.

Trump deferred and denied and Americans died.

US alerted Israel, NATO to disease outbreak in China in November

11 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Interesting, not one Trump sound bite and none of his tweets. Hmmm, is that because he would look stupid saying the things that he said?  I thought he was pleased with China and their efforts and transparency? Even thanked them on behalf of the American people. 

How about the “original 15?” Well I guess you can’t really worry about 15 because everyone was getting better and it would be down to zero, so no biggie! It’s under control! 

You and BillStime are up way past your bedtime. 

Nite nite Q baby. BillStime, I will see you in the AM.

45 minutes ago, BillStime said:

* Trump left a cruise ship at sea for days, denying them proper hospital care, rather than increase his numbers in America.

He also said ‘I knew it was a pandemic long before anyone knew’. Was he lying then or is he lying now? That man is not to be trusted. 

Edited by Justice

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Coronavirus brings Europe’s borders back: The coronavirus has not just brought globalization to a standstill. The COVID-19 crisis also shows how fragmented united Europe actually is — not only relations between countries but between generations and classes. 

The class divide is the topic of my USA Today column tomorrow. by Glenn Reynolds

NEWS YOU CAN USE: Coronavirus masks: What’s the difference between N95 and KN95?

GOOD: Israel, US law-firms sue China for trillions over coronavirus. Mao wrote about paper tigers, but if he’d ever faced a major discovery operation he’d have had more respect for paper.

I have yet to have ANYONE on the left address my question of “do you still think open borders and “free” healthcare for all is a good idea?”

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I have yet to have ANYONE on the left address my question of “do you still think open borders and “free” healthcare for all is a good idea?”

How does a wall address a visa overstay, and using a baited word like "free" is no way to begin any legitimate discussion.  Just so you know I'm not "on the left" either.  You'd do well to try to debate from neutral ground at the start.

A really important question I'd like asked at the next press conference is, "who told you the 15 cases would got to 0".  He's not out leader, he's our president, so he has a duty to answer these questions.  You can hate the media, but surely everyone wants important questions answered.  The government reports to us.  We ARE the absolute authority.  They report to us, especially during a pandemic.  

Edited by daz28

32 minutes ago, daz28 said:

How does a wall address a visa overstay, and using a baited word like "free" is no way to begin any legitimate discussion.  Just so you know I'm not "on the left" either.  You'd do well to try to debate from neutral ground at the start.

Of course wall doesn’t address visa over stays. I’m not talking about a wall. I’m talking about a complete open border that many advocate. Add to that universal healthcare (is that better) and throw in a pandemic here and there along the way and  we will likely have MASSIVE inflows of people seeking care at no cost to them. Do you not see the challenge in that?  So now how about a meaningful discussion?