The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

45 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I want us to reopen as soon as we can, and am happy if we follow Trump's reopening plan. 

But if we race to reopen and just end up either shutting down again or lack the backbone to reopen following the guidelines, the shutdown will have been for nothing, and WE ALL should be upset of that happens. At governors and at Trump/the administration. 

The Trump plan is a pretty clear path for threading the needle of reopening and keeping deaths down. I'm 100% for it. 

Just has to be regional, dont treat NYC like Livingston county, etc. If we do that, we will be fine

9 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

You think there's an increase? This article answers the why - the rise of Trump and the spread of far-right populism

Like I said, I will accept that as an argument, from someone like you, as to why there has been an increase.

My point is that your refusal to concede that there has been an increase at all, which is such an obvious point, is why you have absolutely no credibility...

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Just has to be regional, dont treat NYC like Livingston county, etc. If we do that, we will be fine

Keeping the entire state shutdown adds to the drama for the Democrats.  Also, it keeps the loons in their dominion under control as they would get confused if only NYC was shutdown because they would want to scream RACIST at the Democratic governor.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

And with all that tremendous effort...the US has 25 percent of the worlds infected (even with very low per capita testing rates), 25 percent of the worlds deaths, we don't have the testing in place to safely reopen without a second blast of cases. Germany had the same intelligence from WHO and China....I don't see them complaining and blaming...They have 4000 deaths, have a stringent test and trace system in place and are opening their economy up in a measured way...

Before you rest on a list of what trump has done....why not quote some actual results of these 10/10 things and how they compare to the best countries....because we are great again right? 

Why don't you compare Germany to California?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Because nobody has done a worse job than EVIL NANCY PELOSI

There are people in this thread who have been rather civil through the 400 pages. Why can't you be one of them?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, meazza said:

There are people in this thread who have been rather civil through the 400 pages. Why can't you be one of them?

He'll be civil when he's dead.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, meazza said:

What's so civil about message boards anyway?

You're calling for civility in one

1 minute ago, GG said:

Proves how much of a true moron you are when you don't even know ***** Warren Zevon's songs.

This will shock you but I didn't know every Busey quote either

2 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

You're calling for civility in one

This will shock you but I didn't know every Busey quote either

At the very least it would be good to know one of his more notable songs, if you're going to steal an identity.

• Haha (+1) 2