The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Here are the facts: 

Every single year we lose 750,000 Americans over the months of February, March, and April. 
In 2020 we’ve lost 40,000 to Covid 19 over the same period, many of who would’ve of course passed away without the virus.

Those are actual facts. I’d love to hear anyone’s opinion on those facts.

Just now, jrober38 said:

The bold part is pure fantasy land. 

Have traffic deaths gone up or down during the lock down? 

(hilarious to hear someone who's allergic to facts and spent the past three weeks SCREAMING that millions of Americans were about to die call something else "pure fantasy land") 

Never change, @jrober38, your extra special brand of panicked stupidity is a joy to behold. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Warren Zevon said:

None of his factual post is factual. The numbers are not hard to find and it's not exactly 40k and unfortunatley the number isn't static.

Warren? Look it up yourself. It’s easy to find. We actually do lose 8,500 per day in those months in a typical year. And, yes many of those are elderly and inevitably in nursing homes. These are indeed real facts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

None of his factual post is factual. The numbers are not hard to find and it's not exactly 40k and unfortunatley the number isn't static.

Honestly I think it's hilarious to watch people out protesting the stay at home orders. 

With how polarized the country is, those people waving their Trump flags and bitching about not being able to get their hair cut or fertilize their lawn are probably socially active with other Trump supporters and eventually the virus is going to start spreading through their ranks without them knowing it. 

Natural selection. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

Honestly I think it's hilarious to watch people out protesting the stay at home orders. 

"MILLIONS OF AMERICANS ARE ABOUT TO DIE!" 

@jrober38 -- less than 10 days ago.

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

With how polarized the country is, those people waving their Trump flags and bitching about not being able to get their hair cut or fertilize their lawn are probably socially active with other Trump supporters and eventually the virus is going to start spreading through their ranks without them knowing it. 

Natural selection. 

And now, like @Bob in Mich before him, @jrober38 is wishing death on those who disagree with his politics. 

Because he's a compassionate guy. Not a neo-fascist (which he claims to be fighting) :lol: 

Being this stupid should hurt.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

On average, between 7,000 and 8,000 people die every day in this country. Do the math....

Most of them from old age, heart attacks and strokes. 

Also, none of those people have any chance of killing other people because they're carrying a deadly virus. 

That's the key part. The people who are sick can kill other people.

If I eat like crap my whole life and have a massive heart attack when I'm 50, no one else is affected. 

Edited by jrober38

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Also, none of those people have any chance of killing other people because they're carrying a deadly virus. 

That's the key part. 

Very few people confined in nursing homes go around spreading the corona virus.

Just now, jrober38 said:

And what's the average age of people who died from Covid? How many had underlying conditions like heart disease and high blood pressure? 

Right. 

"MILLIONS OF AMERICANS ARE ABOUT TO DIE!"

@jrober38 -- less than 10 days ago. Then, that was proven to be wrong and now his position has evolved to:

"MILLIONS WILL DIE IF WE DON'T HIDE IN FEAR FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES!"

A little tip: When you drink from the disinformation spigot as if it were an open fire hose, you end up being embarrassingly wrong more often than not.

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Don't forget about his claims of the NYC medical system being so overrun that people would be dying in the halways...

That's right! How could I forget. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

That's the key part. The people who are sick can kill other people.

If I eat like crap my whole life and have a massive heart attack when I'm 50, no one else is affected. 

So,  many of the 8,000 a month dying of coronavirus would have died of other things anyway.

Thanks for confirming the original point.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Very few people confined in nursing homes go around spreading the corona virus.

LMAO

How the hell do you think the people in the nursing home got it?

Do you think Betty the 90 year old with dementia was out on the town on Friday night, and picked it up because she wasn't social distancing?

Or do you think a visitor from outside the home brought it in and killed a ton of people by infecting a loved one who went on to infect a bunch of other people?

Jeez. 

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

So,  many of the 8,000 a month dying of coronavirus would have died of other things anyway.

Thanks for confirming the original point.

Yeah, it's really normal for massive portions of the population at a nursing home to all die in a 1 to 2 week window.

That's totally normal and happens all the time. 

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Yeah, it's really normal for massive portions of the population at a nursing home to all die in a 1 to 2 week window.

That's totally normal and happens all the time. 

"LIVE IN FEAR!!! FEAR SOLVES ALL! BE AFRAID, ALWAYS! EVEN OF YOUR OWN SHADOW!"

Evil Laugh - Reaction GIFs

• Like (+1) 3