The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, TH3 said:

And with all that tremendous effort...the US has 25 percent of the worlds infected (even with very low per capita testing rates), 25 percent of the worlds deaths, we don't have the testing in place to safely reopen without a second blast of cases. Germany had the same intelligence from WHO and China....I don't see them complaining and blaming...They have 4000 deaths, have a stringent test and trace system in place and are opening their economy up in a measured way...

Before you rest on a list of what trump has done....why not quote some actual results of these 10/10 things and how they compare to the best countries....because we are great again right? 

Please regale us all with more of you intellectually stunning, specious, arguments....

We can hardly wait.

No, really.....

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

And with all that tremendous effort...the US has 25 percent of the worlds infected (even with very low per capita testing rates), 25 percent of the worlds deaths, we don't have the testing in place to safely reopen without a second blast of cases. Germany had the same intelligence from WHO and China....I don't see them complaining and blaming...They have 4000 deaths, have a stringent test and trace system in place and are opening their economy up in a measured way...

Before you rest on a list of what trump has done....why not quote some actual results of these 10/10 things and how they compare to the best countries....because we are great again right? 

If we only all took the TH3 fish tank cleaner we could kill this illness in its tracks. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Please regale us all with more of you intellectually stunning, specious, arguments....

We can hardly wait.

No, really.....

I just did....and you can't handle it

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Idiots and racists don’t need motivation.  It comes naturally. 

091316_trumpreporter2_1280.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

I just did....and you can't handle it

billsfan is a lost cause. He drank the kool aid, shat purple, and is in line for more.

Edited by Warren Zevon

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

091316_trumpreporter2_1280.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

billsfan is a lost cause. He's drank the kool aid, shat purple, and is lining up for more.

Billsfan and 3rdning taking a break from riding their trump blow up dolls to post....Buffalo Gal obviously still busy

5 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Of course they did. But now Trump has clearly and directly emboldened them.  That much is undeniable.

Really?  It seems like since 2016 there has been an increase in violence coming from the left. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Really?  It seems like since 2016 there has been an increase in violence coming from the left. 

Here you are projecting without stats again

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Your memes are almost as good as your hero DR's. Keep it up - you're getting there.

20 minutes ago, TH3 said:

And with all that tremendous effort...the US has 25 percent of the worlds infected (even with very low per capita testing rates), 25 percent of the worlds deaths, we don't have the testing in place to safely reopen without a second blast of cases.

If that's true, and I think it is because we appear to be reopening without adequate test and trace in place, this shutdown was almost a total waste of time and *that* should be what we hold our politicians accountable for. 

Opening too early would be worse than not closing at all. It will be a concession that we tanked the economy for no reason. 

I have some optimism that what we will see an early opening giving us 1000-3000 deaths per day for 5-6 months starting in August/September and that our healthcare system can barely keep up with that. Those numbers are based on the 2000/day that came with the shutdown deaths, some of which are the result of pre-Covid precautions. The 1-3K (or more) numbers seem likely. Whether our healthcare system can keep up...I don't know. 

But we need to be open so I hope so. 

Edited by shoshin

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

If that's true, and I think it is because we appear to be reopening without adequate test and trace in place, this shutdown was almost a total waste of time and *that* should be what we hold our politicians accountable for. 

Opening too early would be worse than not closing at all. It will be a concession that we tanked the economy for no reason. 

Except for all the lives it has saved - do not discount that. I agree, though, there's no going back to normal until adequate test and trace is in place - and that doesn't appear to be close. 

6 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Billsfan and 3rdning taking a break from riding their trump blow up dolls to post....Buffalo Gal obviously still busy

I say this with the kindest intentions: If you can't construct a coherent argument, then you should probably refrain from posting anything at all.  You just are not very good at memes and insults. Honestly, it's uncomfortable to see you try so hard and fail so epically....

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

Except for all the lives it has saved - do not discount that.

There's no lives "saved" if you reopen too soon and the numbers just ramp back up again. All that shows is we moved the deaths out a few months. 

Just now, westside2 said:

Wow, the commie liberals seem awfully upset today? They're out in droves.

Their fake government induced shut down is slipping away right before their eyes, and it’s still five months until November. They’re hoping to stall this out as long as possible but the damn virus came about three months too soon. Now they’re left with Uncle Joe’s basement ramblings. 

• Like (+1) 3