The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

I want us to reopen as soon as we can, and am happy if we follow Trump's reopening plan. 

But if we race to reopen and just end up either shutting down again or lack the backbone to reopen following the guidelines, the shutdown will have been for nothing, and WE ALL should be upset of that happens. At governors and at Trump/the administration. 

The Trump plan is a pretty clear path for threading the needle of reopening and keeping deaths down. I'm 100% for it. 

What I haven’t heard yet is what’s the magic number of deaths that would compel the government to shut it all down again. 

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I am actually more concerned with what the government does, rather than what Trump says.

Problem with that is nobody can actually see what’s being done but they can definitely hear it from the Prez. His remarks should be in line with his actions all of the time. That would make his life a lot easier. Attitude reflects leadership. 

2 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Of course they did. But now Trump has clearly and directly emboldened them.  That much is undeniable.

You keep saying Trump enabled them when you mean the media... but details. 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Good job. I can see you’re not worth taking to. 

The reason we need to get back to work is so people like you will have something else to occupy their time. 

He’s NEVER worth talking to. He’s allergic to honesty or reason. ;) :beer: 

18 minutes ago, Justice said:

What I haven’t heard yet is what’s the magic number of deaths that would compel the government to shut it all down again. 

According to the guidelines, you move forwards or backwards through the phases based on trends in data (cases increasing/decreasing), so it's not a number of deaths, but how your state is doing. Again, this makes sense. If you can make it out pf phase 0 (now most places) to phase 1, you've achieved 2 weeks of good trends. Then you open a little and watch the data. If that works out, you move to phase 2. If it stays level, stay at phase 1. If it regresses, back to phase 0. 

It's a sensible approach, one that I hear very few people talking about.

And the Trump plan also requires contact tracing. You don't hear anything about this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

You'll be using this same clip next week when you B word about how Cuomo wants more money for NYS

Poor reasoning.

Naturally he will ask for more money.  It's in his his genes.

But it won't change the fact that you're trying to avoid...............Trump is doing a good job.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

You'll be using this same clip next week when you B word about how Cuomo wants more money for NYS

Lol, I don't see you say sh@t to crybaby when he posts the same old thing over and over. What's so hard about being consistent?

• Like (+1) 2

This Is Really Happening: Montana County Demands Citizens Wear Government-Issued Arm Bands to Shop at Grocery Stores

by Jim Hoft

Original Article

We thought this was a spoof. It’s not. A Montana county is mandating citizens to wear a pink wrist band to go shopping at grocery stores.The band represents the person has quarantined for 14 days.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

A racist and idiot in charge of gives racists and idiots extra motivation.

It's amazing that you guys still don't see how tired and unmotivating shrieking "raycizm!!1!" all of the time is to literally any normal person 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

This Is Really Happening: Montana County Demands Citizens Wear Government-Issued Arm Bands to Shop at Grocery Stores

by Jim Hoft

Original Article

We thought this was a spoof. It’s not. A Montana county is mandating citizens to wear a pink wrist band to go shopping at grocery stores.The band represents the person has quarantined for 14 days.

And how does one prove that? Wtf 

1 minute ago, Justice said:

And how does one prove that? Wtf 

it's not a health order. B-Man is posting a propaganda website that is twisting facts. If you would like to read what the wrist bands actually mean see the article below from a local Montana news station instead of the gateway pundit. 

https://www.krtv.com/news/coronavirus/valley-county-officials-explain-quarantine-wristbands

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

FIFY

You've had four years to put forth a genuine effort to understand the phenomenon, and you still lean on the same fourth grade response that, in a major way, helped lead to the most unelectable man in history being elected president over perhaps the most qualified person in history.

Maybe, just maybe, your take is missing the mark by an inch, or a mile.

You don't appear to be inclined towards genuine self-reflection though, so I guess I'll just leave it here, along with the remark that I am at least grateful for one thing about this virus. It has strengthened the need for nationalism and nationalist economic policies, further eroding the bizarre and misplaced lens you guys see this country and its politics through 

Edited by arcane
  • Awesome! (+1) 3