The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

4 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Sure thing Nazi

Thousands of years of rich, brutal, devastating, improbable, astounding human history, and you guys can only ever reference one regime from one two-decade span. 

What's next, gonna post the viral tweet comparing Trump to Voldemort?

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, westside2 said:

Remember to keep repeating the same old lies over and over. You're making progress!?

He’s still on talking points from 4 years ago. 

(after being wrong about every single thing for those past four years) 

Some people learn from their mistakes. Others revel in them because they’re too dumb to learn something new — especially if that challenges their programming. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Some people learn from their mistakes. Others revel in them because they’re too dumb to learn something new — especially if that challenges their programming. 

They're like human pinatas. It's fun to smack them around everyday.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I voted for Hillary and was horrified when Trump was elected. Then I graduated, left my college campus, and learned that my framework instilled by peers and professors and carefully-crafted twitter bubbles, centering on fascism, racism, and the need for cartoonish caricature villains in real life, was actually not how anything worked, and that the power structure view of human history didn't allow explanation or understanding of anything in a meaningfully deep way.

I certainly don't like everything about Trump, not even close, but it's wild how differently I see him and the movement around him, much less everything else I've ever learned about.

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Really?  It seems like since 2016 there has been an increase in violence coming from the left. 

As well as an increase in fake hate crimes committed by the left.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

it's not a health order. B-Man is posting a propaganda website that is twisting facts. If you would like to read what the wrist bands actually mean see the article below from a local Montana news station instead of the gateway pundit. 

https://www.krtv.com/news/coronavirus/valley-county-officials-explain-quarantine-wristbands

Not 100% accurate.  The article reports the county apologized for erroneously sending out a flier that detailed the concerns raised in the original article.  Is your suggestion that there should be a cooling off period before newsworthy news becomes worthy of dissemination?    It seems to me the county was clarifying their intent, be it due to a legitimate misunderstanding or public outcry.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I keep coming back to the unbreakable association between the word nationalism and the word nazi in the brains of some (I was once guilty as charged)

All because the concept was talked about in a Hitler documentary they watched once

That I mentioned how good the current nationalistic tenor is, compared to having our critical medical equipment being mass produced by an adversarial nation so that big line goes up a little more, gets a response such as "Nazi," shows how hopelessly reliant on thoughtless word association the poster in question is 

How can you even pretend to believe that the question of economic nationalism in 2020 has any resemblance to tattered, post-war Germany. Migration, working visas, illegal immigration, manufacturing, and the nuclear family are tenant talking points of today's nationalism, not paying back Europe for an embarrassing treaty, and trying to take back land that you felt was stolen from you

a completely different universe 

Edited by arcane

1 hour ago, Justice said:

Problem with that is nobody can actually see what’s being done but they can definitely hear it from the Prez. His remarks should be in line with his actions all of the time. That would make his life a lot easier. Attitude reflects leadership. 

Really? Somehow, I thought you might have a clue from the nationally televised conferences they hold everyday to tell you exactly what is being done...

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, arcane said:

I voted for Hillary and was horrified when Trump was elected. Then I graduated, left my college campus, and learned that my framework instilled by peers and professors and carefully-crafted twitter bubbles, centering on fascism, racism, and the need for cartoonish caricature villains in real life, was actually not how anything worked, and that the power structure view of human history didn't allow explanation or understanding of anything in a meaningfully deep way.

I certainly don't like everything about Trump, not even close, but it's wild how differently I see him and the movement around him, much less everything else I've ever learned about.

:beer: 

I didn't vote for Trump either. I work in Hollywood, live in Los Angeles, and am (still) what I'd consider a classic liberal. Yet, all it took to be shown the truth was asking the question: "what if Trump isn't as bad as the media says?" Because if he's not as bad as the media has been saying for 5 years, then that means the media is full of it. Just asking that question to a person suffering from TDS causes brains to melt. Which, while hilarious, isn't helpful. 

The next question I asked is "why is the media full of it? is it more than just typical partisan bent among the elite?" That slope leads to other rabbit holes, which leads to more of an awakening and more rabbit holes -- and the loop continues. 

And now, standing up for the same things I stood up for in 2004-2015 (things like: ending perma-war, ending the regime change policies of our foreign policy wonks, curtailing the surveillance state, and defending civil liberties like privacy and speech) marks someone as a "Trump supporter".

Never mind the fact that those positions were decidedly left of center just a scant 8 years ago... 

But details and facts aren't important when you have a large chunk of the population programmed by disinformation coming from our media and USIC. Because they're a principle-less flock. As proven by their embrace of the likes of Kyrstol, Frum, Boot, and others who they spent 8 years of W accusing of being war criminals. But all it took for those "war criminals" to be lauded as heroes is to say something bad about Trump... 

Which, to any thinking person, seems quite irrational. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2