The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, Q-baby! said:

Yeah, Dr.Trump needs his ego stroked or he whines. Great leader! 

Thanks for lifting the level of the conversation, as always. My hope is that one day you’ll look back at your posts and realize ‘geez what a total ####### I was during all of that’. Your childish responses are just plain tired now. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Yeah, Dr.Trump needs his ego stroked or he whines. Great leader! 

I have never blocked a poster. I am close. I can take great arguments from intelligent people with information that helps build a case but asinine statements with no base is where I draw the line. You do this consistently. Bring some information. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for lifting the level of the conversation, as always. My hope is that one day you’ll look back at your posts and realize ‘geez what a total ####### I was during all of that’. Your childish responses are just plain tired now. 

We hit submit at exactly the same time

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

I have never blocked a poster. I am close. I can take great arguments from intelligent people with information that helps build a case but asinine statements with no base is where I draw the line. You do this consistently. Bring some information. 

Use the tools at your disposal! 

Just now, fansince88 said:

We hit submit at exactly the same time

Are the moderators alive? The Q Baby commentary is beyond tired. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Are the moderators alive? The Q Baby commentary is beyond tired. 

We don't need or want moderators here. If everybody ignored his sorry ass and just didn't respond he would eventually give up and go away. His only purpose is to suck people into responding to him and then sowing stupid arguments thus keeping people from having meaningful discussion. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

We don't need or want moderators here. If everybody ignored his sorry ass and just didn't respond he would eventually give up and go away. His only purpose is to suck people into responding to him and then sowing stupid arguments thus keeping people from having meaningful discussion. 

It pays well! 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Thanks, and you’re of course correct. But just like back in class, is there no place for the teacher to tell the kid in the back row to shut the $&@@ up, or send someone out in the hallway? Others are trying to have a discussion.

• Sad 1

Thanks, and you’re of course correct. But just like back in class, is there no place for the teacher to tell the kid in the back row to shut the $&@@ up, or send someone out in the hallway? Others are trying to have a discussion.

That’s the ignore feature. Pretty simple! 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

The ignore feature. When you use it, check all the boxes so you do not see their replies in quotes. You always have the option of seeing one post from the person on ignore, and of course, you can remove someone from your ignore list at any time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Other than accepting moderation our only options are a firm ignore or a soft ignore. Either way will work but it'll take time, plus everyone needs to do it. 

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

The ignore feature. When you use it, check all the boxes so you do not see their replies in quotes. You always have the option of seeing one post from the person on ignore, and of course, you can remove someone from your ignore list at any time.

He is proud of the fact that people put him on ignore. That says a lot about why he’s here. And if that’s the main reason he is here I have no idea why he’s allowed to continue. Sure there is very little moderating here but maybe we should advocate for change. It does ruin the forum for those trying to have an adult conversations. 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Other than accepting moderation our only options are a firm ignore or a soft ignore. Either way will work but it'll take time, plus everyone needs to do it. 

But when you put someone on ignore, you should probably ignore them. Something you haven’t figured out how to do yet apparently! ?

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Not effective when trolls open new accounts everyday and sometimes more than that.  I used to go on IMDb when it had a comments section and there were trolls opening new accounts every hour.  The trolling pushes worthwhile dialogue only a few hours old a page or two back making it more cumbersome.  The mods need to do their jobs as online janitors and clean up the trash.  Don't hold your breath though.  A couple of generations of far left thinking combined with a couple of generations of Saturday Night Live culture confuses the problem for some.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

He is proud of the fact that people put him on ignore. That says a lot about why he’s here. And if that’s the main reason he is here I have no idea why he’s allowed to continue. Sure there is very little moderating here but maybe we should advocate for change. It does ruin the forum for those trying to have an adult conversations. 

Be careful what you wish for ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Since Tiberius is drawing a paycheck to be here he will keep chit bombing until the plug is pulled on him.