Jump to content
Hapless Bills Fan

So whatever will happen to "Right Josh" Rosen?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Brees.  That man has a pocket sense that is amazing.  He's like the Rocky Horror Picture Show for a pass rush - it's just a jump to the left and a step to the right, a little duck, and the pass rushers slide off him like he's teflon coated.

 

No, Josh Rosen is no Drew Brees.

You know just a bit too much about that to convince me you’re not the type that brings the bag of audience participation supplies...😁

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He got traded away from AZ to the Tanking Dolphins for a 2nd round and 5th round pick which is quite a value drop for a top-10 pick.

 

He then got beat out by Fitzmagic for the starting job on the tanking Dolphins.

 

Fitzmagic predictably bollixed up the Phins tank to the tune of 5 wins, but they're still drafting pretty high.

 

What happens to Rosen?  He's under contract for 2 more years.  He's got substantial guaranteed money as roster bonuses.  $4.9M dead cap to cut him.

 

Just curiousity here.  I heard a piece on some football talk show mid-season where Jordan Palmer was still expressing the viewpoint that Rosen could play and hadn't really been put in a position to succeed.  The Phins, by the way, do have Fitzy under contract for 2020 with an $8M salary ($4M is guaranteed).  That guy, I tell ya.  Career earnings of $63.5M and counting.

 

 

Look at Tannehill when he got put in the right position.

 

He could develop into something. Or not. I thought he could become something but he absolutely has been handicapped by his situation. But on the other hand, Arizona had the choice of keeping him and building around him, and they didn't.

 

It's an interesting question, but at this point really hard to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I had him second after Allen.  Jury is probably still not out on his career but it's not looking good right now.  If I were him I would ask to be released and go be a backup with a QB friendly headcoach - Rams, Eagles, Colts, Chiefs, and Packers would be good landing spots.  

Nah brah. The jury returned the verdict, he sucks. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

He seems duplicitous enough to fit right in with those self entitled and rule bending sorts over there.  🤔  Karma might swing back for the ‘Nine Mistakes Kid’.  😁

 

 

Duplicitous? As in "lying"? Please. Where are the examples?

 

 

1 minute ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Nah brah. The jury returned the verdict, he sucks. 

 

 

Yup, just like Tannehill.

 

Oh, wait.

Edited by Thurman#1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never understood the love for the guy.  His pocket awarness and movement led to way too many sacks, and he had more tipped passea at the line than guys four or five inches shorter than him.

 

To be fair I also hated Allen on tape.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people didn't want Rosen because he was an open atheist in a league of holy rollers. Besides his own poor performances, I cant help but wonder if the fact that he isn't a believer hasn't also hurt his chances in the NFL. Nate Peterman who was much worse in performance and potential talent, got a lot of mileage out of the religious factor. Maybe Rosen is the opposite?

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

He is as close to Nate Peterson as any QB I can remember. So INT prone and seemingly always pick 6's. I will eat a whole bucket of crow on him as I preferred him to Allen.   

 

index.jpg

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sven233 said:

Not that he has been great while getting a chance to start, but he's gotten a pretty raw deal if you ask me.  Two terrible organizations with absolutely no chance of winning with a young QB.  I'm not sure what will end up happening to him, but I do hope that he ends up in a good situation on a good team where he can backup for a couple years while working on his craft.

I hate this excuse (“he was on a bad team...”). As I recall, Josh Allen played with Robert Foster as his #1 WR and Pillsbury Benjamin and a patchwork Oline his rookie season. And “two terrible organizations with no chance for a young QB” yet Fitzpatrick (age 30+ ) was able to garner wins, TD’s and players’ respect? Maybe y’all need to re-think the skill set of the poor, young QB before criticizing the team he is playing for. 

  • Like (+1) 8
  • Skeptical 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Some people didn't want Rosen because he was an open atheist in a league of holy rollers. Besides his own poor performances, I cant help but wonder if the fact that he isn't a believer hasn't also hurt his chances in the NFL. Nate Peterman who was much worse in performance and potential talent, got a lot of mileage out of the religious factor. Maybe Rosen is the opposite?

You sound like someone with an axe to grind. If Rosen can make plays, he'll see the field. So far he's had poor teams around him and he hasn't been the NFL ready qb some folks expected.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tcampbell104 said:

i think that if new england traded for him and he got to sit behind brady for a year it could revive his career. the guy does have talent the pats offense with belichick coaching could be a .match 

Ryan Mallett had talent too.

 

Sometimes you’re just not good at QB. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rosen can make every throw in the book...the bad side of him is he also is kinda a weird guy whose heart isn’t really committed to the game of football as his family is apparently very wealthy and he’s just kinda playing football passing the time whether he’ll ever put it together remains to be seen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Some people didn't want Rosen because he was an open atheist in a league of holy rollers. Besides his own poor performances, I cant help but wonder if the fact that he isn't a believer hasn't also hurt his chances in the NFL. Nate Peterman who was much worse in performance and potential talent, got a lot of mileage out of the religious factor. Maybe Rosen is the opposite?

Peterman is getting mileage out of the fact that some people (e.g., Jon Gruden really liked him as a QB - I am not thinking Gruden is saying well that boy knows his Our Father) and he has excellent preseasons.Tebow was a pretty fervent Christian and his time did not last very long. If Rosen was  a serviceable QB .. he wouldn't be traded or benched .. he just isn't. Can he be? It is possible, but he has shown nothing so far. A team that he could not move that people predicted would go winless .. 89 year old Fitz got 5 wins. This argument just does not hold water  .. nor walk on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yup, just like Tannehill.

 

Oh, wait.


Nope, nothing like Tannenhill.   Tanny showed flashes of excellent Qb play at times.   (Especially vs the pats) 


wrong josh is a entitled bust. 

 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will go to NE kick our butt for 20 years win 10 rings and be called the GOAT. Just our luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I hate this excuse (“he was on a bad team...”). As I recall, Josh Allen played with Robert Foster as his #1 WR and Pillsbury Benjamin and a patchwork Oline his rookie season. And “two terrible organizations with no chance for a young QB” yet Fitzpatrick (age 30+ ) was able to garner wins, TD’s and players’ respect? Maybe y’all need to re-think the skill set of the poor, young QB before criticizing the team he is playing for. 

 

So Fitzpatrick as a rookie or 2nd year QB would have been dazed, confused, and pulverized on the Dolphins.

 

The fact that Allen managed to bring excitement, first downs, and sometimes completed passes to the Bills with Robert Foster, Pillsbury, and no O-line is the reason I bellied up for my serving of Crow Pot Pie on the Other Josh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Ryan Mallett had talent too.

 

Sometimes you’re just not good at QB. 

 

Obviously I'm not paid to evaluate talent, but I really really thought Mallet would be a big success in the NFL, luckily that's not my job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He got traded away from AZ to the Tanking Dolphins for a 2nd round and 5th round pick which is quite a value drop for a top-10 pick.

 

He then got beat out by Fitzmagic for the starting job on the tanking Dolphins.

 

Fitzmagic predictably bollixed up the Phins tank to the tune of 5 wins, but they're still drafting pretty high.

 

What happens to Rosen?  He's under contract for 2 more years.  He's got substantial guaranteed money as roster bonuses.  $4.9M dead cap to cut him.

 

Just curiousity here.  I heard a piece on some football talk show mid-season where Jordan Palmer was still expressing the viewpoint that Rosen could play and hadn't really been put in a position to succeed.  The Phins, by the way, do have Fitzy under contract for 2020 with an $8M salary ($4M is guaranteed).  That guy, I tell ya.  Career earnings of $63.5M and counting.


I think he’s ruined

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even think Rosen would be "right josh" when compared to Josh Johnson, let alone Josh Allen.   

 

The other quarterbacks in that class still have a good chance at a long career, but Rosen seems to be a close to done as a qb going into their third year can be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Brees.  That man has a pocket sense that is amazing.  He's like the Rocky Horror Picture Show for a pass rush - it's just a jump to the left and a step to the right, a little duck, and the pass rushers slide off him like he's teflon coated.

 

No, Josh Rosen is no Drew Brees.

How he even sees his WR's blows me away with his height and lack of mobility.  I'm not comparing him to Rosen.  Just pointing out an immobile QB can still thrive in the right system.  I highly doubt Rosen succeeds in this league as a starter, but I wouldn't give up on him at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

He's still got Jacksonville left on his Florida vacation punch card.

Jacksonville is in Florida?😳

 

seems more southern Georgia..

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rosen does not have the pre-requisite arm strength required to excel at the NFL level, especially when you take into account his lack of mobility. He's in this position because he's simply not a good QB. People get really hung up on first round draft picks and the expectations that come along with that. It means nothing. There's a LONG list of first round quarterbacks who washed out of the league. 

 

I don't care about his personality or any of that nonsense. He's not good. I understand he's played under rough circumstances, but he doesn't pass the eye test. I caught large segments of games in 18' and one thing stood out when Rosen was in there; even when he made the proper read, which he does pretty well, he didn't have the zip on his passes to get the ball to the receiver on time. Many of these throws occurred when he had a clean pocket and a solid platform to throw from. He also doesn't have a great feel for pressure and where it's coming from. Guys like Brees and Brady don't have great arms(still better than Rosen's), but they're ELITE at sidestepping pressure and creating platforms/throwing lanes.

 

Baker's not that good.(IMO) Darnold's not that good(IMO.) Rosen is not good at all.(IMO) Jackson is good, but I'm not sure how long it'll last. Allen is really the wildcard here. If he's able to elevate his game, the class looks quite a bit better. If not, this could very well be a historically bad QB class.

 

 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

How he even sees his WR's blows me away with his height and lack of mobility.  I'm not comparing him to Rosen.  Just pointing out an immobile QB can still thrive in the right system.  I highly doubt Rosen succeeds in this league as a starter, but I wouldn't give up on him at this point.

Brees has ELITE pocket presence, which allows him to sidestep pressure and create throwing lanes. That's how he's been able to do what he does with his physical limitations.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Brees.  That man has a pocket sense that is amazing.  He's like the Rocky Horror Picture Show for a pass rush - it's just a jump to the left and a step to the right, a little duck, and the pass rushers slide off him like he's teflon coated.

 

No, Josh Rosen is no Drew Brees.

Chimed in before reading all the responses. Appears my entire post has already been covered.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Historically bad QB class seems really premature to me - I wouldn’t write off Baker or Darnold yet and Allen and Jackson are already playoff QBs... 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...