Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hapless Bills Fan

So whatever will happen to "Right Josh" Rosen?

Recommended Posts

He got traded away from AZ to the Tanking Dolphins for a 2nd round and 5th round pick which is quite a value drop for a top-10 pick.

 

He then got beat out by Fitzmagic for the starting job on the tanking Dolphins.

 

Fitzmagic predictably bollixed up the Phins tank to the tune of 5 wins, but they're still drafting pretty high.

 

What happens to Rosen?  He's under contract for 2 more years.  He's got substantial guaranteed money as roster bonuses.  $4.9M dead cap to cut him.

 

Just curiousity here.  I heard a piece on some football talk show mid-season where Jordan Palmer was still expressing the viewpoint that Rosen could play and hadn't really been put in a position to succeed.  The Phins, by the way, do have Fitzy under contract for 2020 with an $8M salary ($4M is guaranteed).  That guy, I tell ya.  Career earnings of $63.5M and counting.

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Rosen could have been great 10 years ago. The NFL has moved away from statue QBs. If you aren't at least somewhat athletic you aren't going to survive. Rosen's style will make him a career bridge starter at best.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He got traded away from AZ to the Tanking Dolphins for a 2nd round and 5th round pick which is quite a value drop for a top-10 pick.

 

He then got beat out by Fitzmagic for the starting job on the tanking Dolphins.

 

Fitzmagic predictably bollixed up the Phins tank to the tune of 5 wins, but they're still drafting pretty high.

 

What happens to Rosen?  He's under contract for 2 more years.  He's got substantial guaranteed money as roster bonuses.  $4.9M dead cap to cut him.

 

Just curiousity here.  I heard a piece on some football talk show mid-season where Jordan Palmer was still expressing the viewpoint that Rosen could play and hadn't really been put in a position to succeed.  The Phins, by the way, do have Fitzy under contract for 2020 with an $8M salary ($4M is guaranteed).  That guy, I tell ya.  Career earnings of $63.5M and counting.

I'd imagine the Dolphins will draft a QB and Rosen will compete for a roster spot. Maybe get cut and signed by a team with aging starter to serve as a backup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that he has been great while getting a chance to start, but he's gotten a pretty raw deal if you ask me.  Two terrible organizations with absolutely no chance of winning with a young QB.  I'm not sure what will end up happening to him, but I do hope that he ends up in a good situation on a good team where he can backup for a couple years while working on his craft.  All that said, while it is still way too early to tell, there is a good chance we're the ones that ended up with the "right Josh", but we'll have to see how it plays out.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 18
  • Meh 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I think Rosen could have been great 10 years ago. The NFL has moved away from statue QBs. If you aren't at least somewhat athletic you aren't going to survive. Rosen's style will make him a career bridge starter at best.

 

I can't get over it. I look at him and see punk.

  • Like (+1) 8
  • Thanks! (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think that if new england traded for him and he got to sit behind brady for a year it could revive his career. the guy does have talent the pats offense with belichick coaching could be a .match 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is as close to Nate Peterman as any QB I can remember. So INT prone and seemingly always pick 6's. I will eat a whole bucket of crow on him as I preferred him to Allen.   

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'd imagine the Dolphins will draft a QB and Rosen will compete for a roster spot. Maybe get cut and signed by a team with aging starter to serve as a backup.

 

Just note that cutting him costs the Dolphins $5M dead cap.  I don't know whether they care, haven't looked.

 

2 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

He is as close to Nate Peterson as any QB I can remember. So INT prone and seemingly always pick 6's. I will eat a whole bucket of crow on him as I preferred him to Allen.   

 

Yeah, me too.  I was screaming when we drafted Josh Allen at #7 while Rosen was on the board.

 

I certainly had to belly up to the bar for my plate of Crow Pot Pie.  I can't tell you what Allen will become yet, but it's pretty durn clear Allen >>> Rosen.

  • Like (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tcampbell104 said:

i think that if new england traded for him and he got to sit behind brady for a year it could revive his career. the guy does have talent the pats offense with belichick coaching could be a .match 

He seems duplicitous enough to fit right in with those self entitled and rule bending sorts over there.  ?  Karma might swing back for the ‘Nine Mistakes Kid’.  ?

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think Rosen could have been great 10 years ago. The NFL has moved away from statue QBs. If you aren't at least somewhat athletic you aren't going to survive. Rosen's style will make him a career bridge starter at best.

They've moved away from it but you can still succeed at a high level with the right offense around you.  Brees comes to mind.  Matt Ryan had a decent season but their defense let them down in the first half of the year.  

 

12 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

 

I can't get over it. I look at him and see punk.

He'd be the perfect backup/understudy to Rodgers then.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

He is as close to Nate Peterson as any QB I can remember. So INT prone and seemingly always pick 6's. I will eat a whole bucket of crow on him as I preferred him to Allen.   

Perhaps, but NPeterman is humble and lovable...at least he was until the Bills‘ marketing department made that hype video.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He got traded away from AZ to the Tanking Dolphins for a 2nd round and 5th round pick which is quite a value drop for a top-10 pick.

 

He then got beat out by Fitzmagic for the starting job on the tanking Dolphins.

 

Fitzmagic predictably bollixed up the Phins tank to the tune of 5 wins, but they're still drafting pretty high.

 

What happens to Rosen?  He's under contract for 2 more years.  He's got substantial guaranteed money as roster bonuses.  $4.9M dead cap to cut him.

 

Just curiousity here.  I heard a piece on some football talk show mid-season where Jordan Palmer was still expressing the viewpoint that Rosen could play and hadn't really been put in a position to succeed.  The Phins, by the way, do have Fitzy under contract for 2020 with an $8M salary ($4M is guaranteed).  That guy, I tell ya.  Career earnings of $63.5M and counting.


They should call him Fitz money ? 

 

$65 mil journeyman QB on his eighth team. 
 

Well done man... well done

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They've moved away from it but you can still succeed at a high level with the right offense around you.  Brees comes to mind.  Matt Ryan had a decent season but their defense let them down in the first half of the year.  

 

He'd be the perfect backup/understudy to Rodgers then.

 

Rodgers? I see 70's porn star.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:


They should call him Fitz money ? 

 

$65 mil journeyman QB on his eighth team. 
 

Well done man... well done

 

The Fitz will not rest until he has thrown a TD for all 32 NFL teams (pick 6 doesn't count.)

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scott7975 said:

 

The Fitz will not rest until he has thrown a TD for all 32 NFL teams (pick 6 doesn't count.)


I think if it  did he’d be down to 8 to go? ? 

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

 

The Fitz will not rest until he has thrown a TD for all 32 NFL teams (pick 6 doesn't count.)

He's still got Jacksonville left on his Florida vacation punch card.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Phins had a primetime game, early in the season, when Rosen was starting, so there were cable-cam shots with close-ups on Rosen. He looked absolutely depressed. You couldn't find a worse situation for a young rookie QB. The Phins' front office practically slapped him on the ass and said, "now go out there and suck!" If he ever had the potential to be a starting NFL QB, one would think that he will either come out of it stronger for his tribulations, or he's been utterly broken.Kinda hope he gets a better opportunity to succeed. And, it might indeed be in Miami. 

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

The Phins had a primetime game, early in the season, when Rosen was starting, so there were cable-cam shots with close-ups on Rosen. He looked absolutely depressed. You couldn't find a worse situation for a young rookie QB. The Phins' front office practically slapped him on the ass and said, "now go out there and suck!" If he ever had the potential to be a starting NFL QB, one would think that he will either come out of it stronger for his tribulations, or he's been utterly broken.Kinda hope he gets a better opportunity to succeed. And, it might indeed be in Miami. 

Hard to argue w this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...