So whatever will happen to "Right Josh" Rosen?

On 1/15/2020 at 9:11 PM, Doc Brown said:

They've moved away from it but you can still succeed at a high level with the right offense around you.  Brees comes to mind.  Matt Ryan had a decent season but their defense let them down in the first half of the year.  

He'd be the perfect backup/understudy to Rodgers then.

Those guys were already in the league a decade ago and have had time to learn how to play to their style

Rosen came into a different NFL and won't get time to adapt.. the statues are going the way of the dinosaur

I think after Brady and Brees and Eli , Matty Ice is the last of the old breed

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think the Dolphins draft someone this year and have them sit behind Fitz until Fitzmagic fizzles out

Rosen is either released or dealt again this offseason. I could see him ending up in NE and sitting behind Brady for a year as BB works with him and they get a 1st round QB for next to nothing to take over for Brady.

Rosen was traded for the 62nd overall pick last year. At points last year in the draft it seemed like the dolphins were basically bidding against themselves

Maybe someone else can track down the video, but the trade had been reported as nearly a done deal, then the dolphins TRADED back from 48 to 62. so they were willing to see if 14 teams would be more willing to grab Rosen and no one bit. That told me a ton about how the NFL perceived Rosen after one year in the pros. Rosen did nothing to change that perception last year and will likely have even less of a market this year

If Belicheck takes him over Stidham I will be absolutely shocked 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

He can make all the throws.  The Phins would be wise to build around him.  They could build a contender quick with all the pics they have.  That said, I wouldn't blame them if they draft a QB high.

The video evidence would suggest otherwise. Kyler Murray with mainly the same pieces around him performed much better in AZ. In Miami .. FitzMagic made all the Dolphins  players around him look better than they did with Rosen. He may learn how to be an NFL QB, but I do not think you can say that "he can make all the throws" when he is matched up against an NFL defense.

• Like (+1) 1

His best chance at success would be to get traded to a team with an already established but aging starter. A team with a good infrastructure and culture and coaching staff in place. There, he can sit for a couple of seasons, learn the pro game, and rebuild his confidence. I could see him having a "second life" in the NFL, a la Ryan Tannehill or Rich Gannon. I could just as easily see him having a career similar to Jimmy Clausen.

The big question is this: We all already know that Rosen doesn't need the money, so if the going gets tough, does he push through and stick it out and try to get his shot, or does he fold up his tent and walk away?

Can't help but feel bad for him for the way his career has started. 

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

His best chance at success would be to get traded to a team with an already established but aging starter. A team with a good infrastructure and culture and coaching staff in place. There, he can sit for a couple of seasons, learn the pro game, and rebuild his confidence. I could see him having a "second life" in the NFL, a la Ryan Tannehill or Rich Gannon. I could just as easily see him having a career similar to Jimmy Clausen.

The big question is this: We all already know that Rosen doesn't need the money, so if the going gets tough, does he push through and stick it out and try to get his shot, or does he fold up his tent and walk away?

....not me....the pre-draft hype, glitz and glitter was a big whiff....and his crap attitude on Draft Day, "nine mistakes were taken before me" is the topper......Mom has room in the basement sonny....SMH.........

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think his career is starting to pave the same direction Matt linehart’s career did. I mean the

fact he that he couldn’t beat Fitz out of the starting job and then got benched in the middle of the season for Fitz and then got called out by Flores because of his negative body language and lack of leadership skills tells me he won’t be in the NFL that long if he doesn’t pull himself together. I said it during the draft and back when he was still at UCLA that he’s a young Jay Cutler and Jeff George

22 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

"He never had a chance with the team around him" is the same thing we would be saying about Josh Allen if he sucked.

Except he overcame it. Rosen didn't. Not even a sliver. 

Yeah I never got that defense for Rosen and not Josh in 2018.  Both had very bad OL’s.  Both had a good RB who was largely ineffective thanks to the OL.  Both had a defensive minded coach.

The big difference is that Rosen had much better WR’s in an aging Larry Fitzgerald and Christian Kirk. Plus Johnson is a great receiver out of the backfield.

If anything Rosen had better weapons....yet he gets the “lack of talent” pass, by the same Analytics crew who propped him up in pre-draft.  Allen wasn’t getting the same leeway from the same analytics crew that thought he was bad QB.  Confirmation bias at its finest!

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Logic said:

He definitely was screwed and alot of his confidence has to be shot. I saw every single game he played at UCLA and he has talent. As you said he'll need a perfect fit team to give him a shot behind an aging qb. Or as many predicted he walks away and goes into politics? 

On 1/15/2020 at 7:54 PM, HappyDays said:

I think Rosen could have been great 10 years ago. The NFL has moved away from statue QBs. If you aren't at least somewhat athletic you aren't going to survive. Rosen's style will make him a career bridge starter at best.

Rosen’s issue is his me me me attitude , he’s the one I was Hoping we were NOT going to draft , I said it before the draft and I’ll say it again he will be out of football BEFORE his rookie contract expires...

Edited by Putin

I think it says a lot about the positive flow of talented young QB's into the NFL in recent years that a guy with Rosen's talent is an afterthought after barely getting a chance.

The NFL is actually in a pretty good place in terms of QB talent.

Not great production everywhere yet but the quality of arms and athletes at the position has never been better.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/16/2020 at 3:13 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

They should call him Fitz money ? 

$65 mil journeyman QB on his eighth team. 

Well done man... well done

I say he’s earned every Penny. Fitz has played his ASS off for every disorganized and terrible team in the history of his career. Team a total disaster? Bring in Fitz to lay it all on the line for your team and create 6 spectacularly exciting victories.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He definitely was screwed and alot of his confidence has to be shot. I saw every single game he played at UCLA and he has talent. As you said he'll need a perfect fit team to give him a shot behind an aging qb. Or as many predicted he walks away and goes into politics? 

Agree with you, but if he’s tough and determined, he will stick it out and get another shot eventually.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CheshireCT said:

I say he’s earned every Penny. Fitz has played his ASS off for every disorganized and terrible team in the history of his career. Team a total disaster? Bring in Fitz to lay it all on the line for your team and create 6 spectacularly exciting victories.

Agree with you, but if he’s tough and determined, he will stick it out and get another shot eventually.

It’s an indisputable fact. He gives the fans something, when it’s clear the team really has nothing 

2 hours ago, CheshireCT said:

There's no denying Rosen's unorthodox attitude drove Mora crazy. His window is closing so whatever he does he better do soon.

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He definitely was screwed and alot of his confidence has to be shot. I saw every single game he played at UCLA and he has talent. As you said he'll need a perfect fit team to give him a shot behind an aging qb. Or as many predicte archivesd he walks away and goes into politics? 

There are countless posts in the ashes of message boards where the poster says "I saw him play in college" & "he was screwed" when the true reason the guy flamed out in the NFL is simply he isn't good enough to perform at the next level.  Most of the guys he's playing against in college will only get in a NFL game with a ticket.  Heisman trophy winners like Leinart, #1 picks like Tim Couch, etc they all couldn't cut it at the next level because they lacked the talent to advance at the next level.  Rosen is in the same boat.  He wasn't screwed.  Arizona spotted that he lacked the goods and was able to get something back, but the lack of interest as pointed out in an earlier post that mentioned Miami was able to trade down & still get him shows the league was on to him.  Miami will get little or nothing when they drop him.  1)He lacks the talent to play in the NFL, it's that simple 2) He definitely wasn't screwed-he made millions while lacking the ability to be a NFL QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Putin said:

Rosen’s issue is his me me me attitude , he’s the one I was Hoping we were NOT going to draft , I said it before the draft and I’ll say it again he will be out of football BEFORE his rookie contract expires...

I don't buy the attitude stuff.  When he was drafted he said the 9 prior teams in the draft were wrong.  That wasn't a me me me attitude-there were never any teammates in Arizona who said that about him.  Successful athletes  are pretty confident in their abilities.  Nobody said Brady had a me me me attitude when as a 6th round rookie he told the owner of the team that drafting him was the best decision NE ever made (or words to that effect)  

He probably will be out of football soon-not because of attitude, just lacked the talent.

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I don't buy the attitude stuff.  When he was drafted he said the 9 prior teams in the draft were wrong.  That wasn't a me me me attitude-there were never any teammates in Arizona who said that about him.  Successful athletes  are pretty confident in their abilities.  Nobody said Brady had a me me me attitude when as a 6th round rookie he told the owner of the team that drafting him was the best decision NE ever made (or words to that effect)  

He probably will be out of football soon-not because of attitude, just lacked the talent.

And you know him personally?

Rosen has gotten the shaft thus far in his career.  He has zero continuity around him, has been thrust into multiple different offenses on multiple teams, and hasn't been coached right anywhere. 

He will probably end up in New England where he will shine.  He still possessses a skill set that most qbs don't....unbelievable anticipatory throws. 

New England has shown interest in him already but the price was too high. He os a perfect fit in their system. 

With Tom Brady more than likely gone, the Pats will look to add top tier talent at a bargain price at that position. I can absolutely see in in NE this off-season. 

I believe Rosen was the best Qb in the draft and still believe that. He simply has not been as fortunate with his situation as Allen or Jackson.