Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hapless Bills Fan

Can someone explain the Tyler Kroft love to me?

Recommended Posts

I see people assuming we’ll keep him and that we’re kind of set at TE.

 

I’d like to understand the Tyler Kroft love - what do people see in him that’s promising?

 

He kind of had an uninspiring college career at Rutgers.  He backed up Tyler Eifert with the Bengals, did some good stuff in 2017 after Eifert got hurt, then broke his own foot in 2018 and again in 2019 off-season.

 

So he kind of had one good year in 2017.  When given a chance to “show out” this season, he’s seeemd decidedly “meh” to me.

 

What am I missing?  Explain the Kroft love to me.

  • Like (+1) 7
  • Confused 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think anyone honestly loves having him here. Most probably just assume the coaches aren't gonna give up on him yet. I for one would cut him and sign Hooper or Henry. 

  • Like (+1) 8
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Knox and Sweeney showed enough to replace him. Maybe Kroft is solid if healthy, but I can’t see him being worth his salary. 

  • Like (+1) 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I see people assuming we’ll keep him and that we’re kind of set at TE.

 

I’d like to understand the Tyler Kroft love - what do people see in him that’s promising?

 

He kind of had an uninspiring college career at Rutgers.  He backed up Tyler Eifert with the Bengals, did some good stuff in 2017 after Eifert got hurt, then broke his own foot in 2018 and again in 2019 off-season.

 

So he kind of had one good year in 2017.  When given a chance to “show out” this season, he’s seeemd decidedly “meh” to me.

 

What am I missing?  Explain the Kroft love to me.

Has anyone said they love Tyler Kroft? From anything I've read about him, people think he's a waste of money. Where are you getting this from?

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had such a weird year with his injury but yeah I don't think he really did enough to prevent the team from looking for an upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, there’s Kroft love here? I’ve assumed he’s going to be fighting for a roster spot next year and is likely a cap casualty.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only Kroft love I've seen is from Bengal fans ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I see people assuming we’ll keep him and that we’re kind of set at TE.

 

I’d like to understand the Tyler Kroft love - what do people see in him that’s promising?

 

He kind of had an uninspiring college career at Rutgers.  He backed up Tyler Eifert with the Bengals, did some good stuff in 2017 after Eifert got hurt, then broke his own foot in 2018 and again in 2019 off-season.

 

So he kind of had one good year in 2017.  When given a chance to “show out” this season, he’s seeemd decidedly “meh” to me.

 

What am I missing?  Explain the Kroft love to me.

 

The only love for Kroft I have is, I'd love to see him go.??

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty decent cap savings by cutting him, with little dead cap. A nice , low risk signing by Beane that didn’t pan out. Bills should move on.

  • Like (+1) 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Has anyone said they love Tyler Kroft? From anything I've read about him, people think he's a waste of money. Where are you getting this from?

He caught the game winning TD to put us in the playoffs.  What a winner 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll say I hate him if it helps him getting cut and the position being upgraded..

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’ll say I hate him if it helps him getting cut and the position being upgraded..

I don't think they spend big on TE. They have players to develop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not feeling the love here, either. Having already dumped Clay and ahead of the Draft, McB jumped on him early in FA because he’s a vet and was available with our TE cupboard completely bare. Not the case this offseason. For him to stick around, he’s gonna have to take a page from the  Croom Manuscript and charm Jessica P into dating him.

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't think they spend big on TE. They have players to develop. 


The position needs to be improved next year as I don’t see Kroft,  Smith Knox & Sweeney getting it done... 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:


The position needs to be improved next year as I don’t see Kroft,  Smith Knox & Sweeney getting it done... 

 

 

Why not? All 3 of our young TES have shown promise, don't forget Croom. There is no reason to spend a lot at TE. Develop your own. 

 

Knox had a very good year by rookie TE standards. He reminds me a lot of young George Kittle. 

 

 

 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Skeptical 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m confused as I think everyone agrees with you Hap.  I haven’t seen any love for him or anyone high on him.  Closest I’ve seen really is some people assume he will be here next year more so just because the they think the staff will give him a shot to come in healthy.  Not because anyone is high on him really. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why not? All 3 of our young TES have shown promise, don't forget Croom. There is no reason to spend a lot at TE. Develop your own. 

 

Knox had a very good year by rookie TE standards. He reminds me a lot of young George Kittle. 

 

 

 


Because an upgrade will be available in FA from Kroft and I think they need it...

 

It appears you don’t agree so I guess I’ll leave it at that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they might bring in some FA competition but I think they're hoping Knox and Sweeney both secure spots on the active list.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a lot of people mention Henry and Hooper in the same breath. Henry is a baller, his numbers suffered as Rivers melted down this season but I’d take him way before I would Hooper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...