Ron Rivera hired as HC in Washington [edited title]

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, boater said:

I wonder if Urban Meyer takes the FO job as rumored.

It makes a little sense as a consultant type or college scout of some kind, but otherwise I don’t see it. Maybe help with the draft. He and Snyder are friends do there’s a connection. He could work from anywhere which I know he won’t want to move to DC and no nfl background so I couldn’t see him having a prominent role

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Just what we needed another duplicate thread. 
?(lamp)

you are such a :cry: baby....

FWIW Yolo's thread was off the first page and I didn't see it, he added this info a bit after I made this thread and it moved back to the main page - oh well

I don't get the sense Snyder is as involved as in the past.  Seems like a solid hire. QB position is still a question, but Haskins looked ok. Good enough to draft defense or o-line.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the Trent Williams situation. 

That division is up for grabs with chaos in Dallas and change in NY.

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I hear that he is a hardworking blue collar guy, that was his 'Lunchbox’.

Is ‘weight challenged’ considered a ‘visible minority’?! Hate crimes!  Hate crimes!

6 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Gross.  Seems like RR could do better. 

Too many Benjamins being proffered.  ?

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I liked Rivera, kinda scratching my head on this one. Doesn’t seem like a good job for him to take for lots of reasons.

Agree.

Rivera is much too classy for that organization.

3 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Jump on the Cleveland Job, Ron! 

Just as toxic.

39 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Rivera is a minority

I honestly wonder what the NFL counts as a minority

Is it race?

Ethnicity?

Religion?

Race is obviously one since the Rooney rule got Tomlin a job.. but

there are minorities of all the things I listed

Edited by Buffalo716

https://sports.yahoo.com/ron-rivera-hired-to-be-next-coach-of-stumbling-redskins-135608648.html

Ron Rivera hired to be next coach of stumbling Redskins, per report

December 31, 2019, 8:56 AM EST

Ron Rivera must really like a challenge.

Over Daniel Snyder’s time as the Washington Redskins’ owner, that’s where good coaches go to die. Since 2000, when Snyder made Norv Turner the first coach he fired, not one coach has left Washington with a winning record. Even coaches with great resumes like Marty Schottenheimer, Mike Shanahan and Steve Spurrier couldn’t do it.

Rivera is up next. The two-time NFL coach of the year with the Carolina Panthers agreed to be the next coach of the Redskins, per Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

On 12/30/2019 at 10:11 AM, Gugny said:

Ditto.  Worst owner in the game; questionable QB and no GM.  Talk about a shitshow.

I imagine he disagrees that his QB is questionable and he might view the lack of a GM as a positive. Likely means he either gets to bring in his own GM or he gets that power himself. 

On 12/30/2019 at 4:18 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Is it race?

Ethnicity?

Religion?

It’s all ethnicity. The other stuff doesn’t matter. The legal language of the rule is “ethnic-minority”. 

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Ron Rivera hired as HC in Washington [edited title]

Is it race?

Ethnicity?

Religion?

The Rooney Rule got Tomlin the interview; not the job.

For the love of Allah.  Did we time warp back to the 1950s???????????????

Just now, Gugny said:

The Rooney Rule got Tomlin the interview; not the job.

For the love of Allah.  Did we time warp back to the 1950s???????????????

That's better worded and idk what the 50s has to do with anything

Im asking questions about who qualifies as a minority and that is a legitimate question

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's better worded and idk what the 50s has to do with anything

Im asking questions about who qualifies as a minority and that is a legitimate question

You stated (not questioned) that the Rooney Rule got Tomlin his HC job.  

The Rooney Rule is about opportunity.  It's not about giving the colored folk jobs that the white people deserve.

Just now, Gugny said:

You stated (not questioned) that the Rooney Rule got Tomlin his HC job.  

The Rooney Rule is about opportunity.  It's not about giving the colored folk jobs that the white people deserve.

I actually asked three questions and I'm not a grammar major. And I did say yours was better worded I should have said interviewed not hired

So I still don't know what you're getting at

the Rooney rule got Tomlin a job

See the above.  That's not a question.  One needs not be a grammar major to distinguish between a statement and a question.

And yes ... bless your little heart ... you know what I'm getting at.  I already got there and I'm done now.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

See the above.  That's not a question.  One needs not be a grammar major to distinguish between a statement and a question.

And yes ... bless your little heart ... you know what I'm getting at.  I already got there and I'm done now.

So you never made a mistake? Literally nothing was meant by my statement and you still never acknowledged that I asked 3 questions before that which were pertinent to the statement which I misused 1 word

I literally could change 1 word from "got Tomlin the job to got him an interview"

Don't read into it

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

So you never made a mistake? Literally nothing was meant by my statement and you still never acknowledged that I asked 3 questions before that

I literally could change 1 word from "got Tomlin the job to got him an interview"

Don't read into it

I didn't read into it.

I read it.

And you'll need someone else to answer your questions.  

I figured when Allen was fired that Rivera would play a big role in picking the new GM (or team president, or whatever they call the role in Washington...). I think that’s one of the things that made the job attractive to him (we know it wasn’t Snyder. lol)