Jags lose NFLPA Grievance. 25% of NFL grievances filed against Jags.

MAJBobby

14 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

I think Doug wasn't a bad coach, but maybe a bad human. Not sure.

I am.

He preached the team was a family and then bailed on that team when he knew he could get a year of free money out of the Bills as well as become the HC of the Jests.

One of the two worked out for him and, years later, he is about to get canned.

Couldn't happen to a nicer human being.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

I think Doug wasn't a bad coach, but maybe a bad human. Not sure.

The moment as a kid when you got smacked around and learned humility never happened for Doug.  You can see it in the way he carries himself.  He's always been able to beat down anybody whoever crossed his path as a kid or young man.  Coughlin is cut from the Bill Parcells cloth but have never heard him being described as a mean person with me knowing people who have known Tom.

21 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Wow, that is the really amazing and, to be honest, almost hard to believe. 

The guy has issues with control, that much is clear. I was so mad when he bailed but could not be happier now. He is not a leader...he’s an authoritarian. 

As soon as I read this the first thing I thought about was his fight with Whaley about firing him.  Seems like we dodged a bullet.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

That might be too much cash. Especially with Star, Jerry, and Murphy. Not that I'd mind getting rid of them, just not sure how that would work. 

Star has an out after next year that would only cost $5 in dead cap. Murphy only has one more year left and his dead cap would only be $1.75 million if cut next year. 

I'd much rather have J Phillips over Star, I'd be surprised if they don't use that out after next year. Keep him around next year while H Phillips gets to 100% and then you've got Jordan, Harry, and Ed as your top 3, that's a damn good looking group. 

You're right, it would be a lot of cash tied up. It depends how much Jordan (and Shaq) are looking for.

Edited by elroy16
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Wow, that is the really amazing and, to be honest, almost hard to believe. 

The guy has issues with control, that much is clear. I was so mad when he bailed but could not be happier now. He is not a leader...he’s an authoritarian. 

Doug or Coughlin? Maybe both.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Doug or Coughlin? Maybe both.

Its gotta be both, right? 

If one was doing it without the other knowing, the one who doesn't know has zero idea what's going on in the building. 

Looks really bad on both of them IMO.

Edited by elroy16
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, GRHater69 said:

Their owner seems to be greasing the skids to get them out of Jacksonville when the stadium lease is up in 2020....to quote the Clash "London Calling"

And for the record I hope Marrone crashes and burns.....quitter.

The Chargers are the London bound team, not the Jags. Lots of noise about it being the escape route from the Chargers LA disaster. 

Just now, elroy16 said:

Its gotta be both, right? 

If one was doing it without the other knowing, the one who doesn't know has zero idea what's going on in the building. 

Looks really bad on both of them IMO.

I wouldn't be shocked if Marrone didn't know as I see him as the type to not stick around team facilities in the off-season.

• Like (+1) 1

It might help to have some context.  How many grievances were there?  For example, if there were 4 and 1 was against the Jags, that's 25%. While I  highly doubt there were 4, knowing the total base helps when interpreting if there really is a deeper issue.  

There's more info you'd need, of course. How many different players filed grievances?  Did one player file multiple grievances?  See what I'm getting at?

As for Marrone, Allen probably is right. Many grievances probably have little-to-nothing to do with Marrone. But why care? People here wanted him fired, then those same people bitched when he exercised his out option. Really? "The food in this restaurant is TERRIBLE.  And such small portions."  

The bum is gone. He ain't the Bills' problem any more. Why obsess over him?

Edited by The Dean

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

It might help to have some context.  How many grievances were there?  For example, if there were 4 and 1 was against the Jags, that's 25%. While I  highly doubt there were 4, knowing the total base helps when interpreting if there really is a deeper issue.  

There's more info you'd need, of course. How many different players filed grievances?  Did one player file multiple grievances?  See what I'm getting at?

As for Marrone, Allen probably is right. Many grievances probably have little-to-nothing to do with Marrone. But why care? People here wanted him fired, then those same people bitched when he exercised his out option. Really? "The food in this restaurant is TERRIBLE.  And such small portions."  

Jilted lover syndrome.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I bring it up mainly because there is a certain DE that could hit UFA from that team 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Star has an out after next year that would only cost $5 in dead cap. Murphy only has one more year left and his dead cap would only be $1.75 million if cut next year. 

I'd much rather have Phillips over Star, I'd be surprised if they don't use that out after next year. Keep him around next year while Phillips gets to 100% and then you've got Jordan, Harry, and Ed as your top 3, that's a damn good looking group. 

You're right, it would be a lot of cash tied up. It depends how much Jordan (and Shaq) are looking for.

Personally I think our priorities need to be:

Weapons on Offense

Pass Rush

Offensive line.

That being said, a guy like Ngakoue with shaq resigned would allow us to go offense heavy in the draft, sign depth across the board, and then draft defensive depth in the later rounds (which is where McBeane has been making their cash anyways!)

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Oh that’s why your title was “Saint Doug beig Saint Doug” because this topic was about Yannick. 

Sure dude.

Yep a coach alienating players and the NFLPA with a very damning statement. 

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I am.

He preached the team was a family and then bailed on that team when he knew he could get a year of free money out of the Bills as well as become the HC of the Jests.

One of the two worked out for him and, years later, he is about to get canned.

Couldn't happen to a nicer human being.

...wonder if 42% of grievances come from fans?...naw can't be....too many seats are hefty bagged............

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

The last paragraph is damning “You as a player may want to consider this when selecting your next club” 

You should retitle this because the news reports are saying that this is all Coughlin, not Marrone. Coughlin is trending on twitter right now actually.

45 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

If I’m Marrone, you must be Whaley with that chip on your shoulder.

This ain’t Marrone. Fake news. It’s Coughlin, which is hardly surprising given his history.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

The last paragraph is damning “You as a player may want to consider this when selecting your next club” 

I'm even confused as to why this would be desireable to the Jags.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but in the off-season, aren't the team facilities closed to the players?  They can consult team doctors and get treatment, but they can't work out or lift weights there?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm even confused as to why this would be desireable to the Jags.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but in the off-season, aren't the team facilities closed to the players?  They can consult team doctors and get treatment, but they can't work out or lift weights there?

that is the heart of the grievance. Jags didn’t. And made mandatory sessions at facility and fined players when they didn’t show 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

that is the heart of the grievance. Jags didn’t. And made mandatory sessions at facility and fined players when they didn’t show 

I guess what I'm confused about is it talks about treatment.  So rehab consists of both treatment and workouts.  So what would be the point of requiring someone to get treatment, where they can't workout? 

Or is it that the Jags kept the facility open and was requiring both treatment  and workout to take place?

Or am I wrong that the facility can't be open for working out, in which case the way to do it would be as the Bills have done - build a world class facility and training staff and have guys saying "why would I travel when the best is available right here?"