Cris Collinsworth man

29 minutes ago, Mango said:

HOLY SHHHH. 

Girls, not too bright, because then you can trick em'. 14-18 years old is my wheel house. 

That is terrifying. 

Geez splitting image of Matthew Mcconaughey (and his character in Dazed & Confused). 

"Alright Alright Alright"

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am generally a fan of Collinsworth but then I am generally watching him do SNF games featuring the same dozen teams over and over. Teams he actually knows about and has taken time to get to know. 

He was not great last night. Sounded like his research involved watching one Bills game and then he thought "that'll do" and cracked open the red wine. He did not sound prepared at all. Was disappointing to be honest because I like the guy. 

It's probably how close we follow the team, or whaever, but it's really easy to tell when the broadcasters haven't been doing their homework. 

Like- Collinsworth literally said Andre Roberts has made an impact on the offense. And they kept talking about how the Bills are a blitz heavy defense without acknowledging that it's a more recent phenomenon. Disappointing to say the least.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It's probably how close we follow the team, or whaever, but it's really easy to tell when the broadcasters haven't been doing their homework. 

Like- Collinsworth literally said Andre Roberts has made an impact on the offense. And they kept talking about how the Bills are a blitz heavy defense without acknowledging that it's a more recent phenomenon. Disappointing to say the least.

he went out of his way to make this point, and i though...he is?

• Like (+1) 1

Collinsworth usually grates my nerves with his annoying 'tough guy football' shtick and over-the-top worship and fake excitement of certain things.  I can normally tune him out.

Last night was tough.  Apparently there are about 5 'worst things' about Josh Allen.  The Steelers and the fake Heinz Field worship was awful

It all started here (at 8:20)

This thread is completely absurd. Collinsworth was drooling all over Tre for the whole game. He was very complimentary to Allen, pointing out how talented he is and that he just needs to work on the finer details  - even the most optimistic fan would agree to that. He spoke glowingly about Edmunds and Phillips on multiple occasions. He lauded McDermott and the staff. What more do you want?

It seems like many of you would only be happy if he also trashed Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, national broadcasts don't work like that. You're better off listening to the pompom-wearing analysis of Sal Capaccio if objectivity isn't your style.

Edited by QB Bills
  • Like (+1) 4

16 hours ago, Special K said:

He sort of stated the reason for his anti-Bills bias when they were talking about the Super Bowl era Bills, and he said we had to beat the Bills to get to the Super Bowl when I played in Cincy, and we never could do it. That's got a lot to do with it IMO.

Well, considering the 1988 Bengals did exactly that to get to the Super Bowl and that his first game as a color commentator was for NBC on Opening Day 1990 Bills/Colts it seems somewhat unlikely that the Bills impeded his personal path to the Super Bowl at all.

16 hours ago, hemma said:

When Al Michaels said the Bills were going to the playoffs, I think he may have been simultaneously scraping a dog turd off his shoe,

because he sounded disgusted by the moment.

Another LA guy who hates small city bflo

6 hours ago, BBills83 said:

I didn't mind the slight Pitt bias because Collinsworth did give props to plenty of Buffalo talent plus coaching, ownership and the fans. I just got tired of the yammering on about things other than specific play by play analysis. Too much gab while football is being played as if he and Al had more important things to say vs the importance of the play on the field. I just don't need to here him ramble on. Ear plugs please and Go Bills. Take down the cheaters in Foxboro then rest against the Jets.

For what seemed to me like an eternity, they blathered on about the Rooney connection. They ran a graphic with the original Rooney--Mickey, I think his name was, and he died in 1988.  1988.  It was like watching the History channel.  And then more yapping. The thing was, the Bills had the ball. The game was close, put the $#@!ing game on and analyze the plays/players on the field. It's fine to talk about Terry Bradshaw when the discussion about an enlarged prostate comes about, but you have to figure 50% in attendance do not give a crap about a history lesson in the middle of a playoff-relevant game. You wanna talk Steeler history?  Do it at a break. And sprinkle in a little Bills history, ya mutt ya. 

Maddening. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Well, considering the 1988 Bengals did exactly that to get to the Super Bowl and that his first game as a color commentator was for NBC on Opening Day 1990 Bills/Colts it seems somewhat unlikely that the Bills impeded his personal path to the Super Bowl at all.

Maybe he just meant the Bengals in general...that's what I heard him say, and I was just supposing it would be a good reason for his anti-Bills bias.

I actually don't mind him as a commentator, as long as its not a Bills game.

6 minutes ago, Special K said:

Maybe he just meant the Bengals in general...that's what I heard him say, and I was just supposing it would be a good reason for his anti-Bills bias.

I actually don't mind him as a commentator, as long as its not a Bills game.

He drives me up a wall.  And since the Bills have only been on SNF twice since it went to NBC I think it's fair to say that it's him and not any oversensitive butthurtness on my part.

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo fans are extremely, extremely sensitive about media representation and attach too much meaning to media personality comments.

Collinsworth is probably on autopilot 95% of the time, and this is just another day of work, finding slightly different ways to say the same dozen or so things you can say during a football game. He's always going to be deferential, as most NFL media is, to the league's "true" powers -- which includes Jerry Jones and the Rooneys.

That clip of him talking about 14 year old girls IS INSANE 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mchammer said:

Al Michaels is a huge New England Patriots fan. That's why he looked so disgusted when talking about the Bills, and the playoffs. I hate watching this crew announce games. Everything is feel good puff piece.

Is it known that he’s a fan f the Pats? If so, I’ve lost respect for Michaels as Pats fans are suspect humans. 

10 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

Let’s focus less on how annoying Collinsworth is and more on how we have earned the position to be featured on SNF. 

I recall Eagle fans wanting to kill Collinsworth after that super bowl broadcast, and they won!

Really ? I recall Collinsworth being hugely complimentary of Nick Foles and the Eagles coaches in that game. Then again, Eagles fans booed Santa lol 

3 hours ago, QB Bills said:

This thread is completely absurd. Collinsworth was drooling all over Tre for the whole game. He was very complimentary to Allen, pointing out how talented he is and that he just needs to work on the finer details  - even the most optimistic fan would agree to that. He spoke glowingly about Edmunds and Phillips on multiple occasions. He lauded McDermott and the staff. What more do you want?

It seems like many of you would only be happy if he also trashed Pittsburgh. Unfortunately, national broadcasts don't work like that. You're better off listening to the pompom-wearing analysis of Sal Capaccio if objectivity isn't your style.

So there is a bit of that on this board. He said plenty of nice things about the Bills but his actual analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of our team was wafer thin. I am a Collinsworth guy and I thought he came across under prepared.