Classy Pats* fans force relocation of Mahomes girlfriend

AKC

I haven't been to many games in other cities, but if I had to guess I would think bills fans are amongst the worst as far as treatment of opposing fans. Don't think we should be calling out others as being classless. 

Every fanbase has them

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

I haven't been to many games in other cities, but if I had to guess I would think bills fans are amongst the worst as far as treatment of opposing fans. Don't think we should be calling out others as being classless. 

Every fanbase has them

My experience is that Bills fans are mostly nice to visitors with visiting jerseys etc, and I was a season ticket guy for 30 years.  (drunks excepted, but they hate everybody)  However, a family member wore his Bills jersey to a game in Pittsburg a while back, and, it wasn't pretty.  He had to leave the game because of the abuse from the Pitts fans.   I predict things will not be entirely rosy next Sunday night.......

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Every fanbase has them

I travel a lot.  Been to NFL games in 12 stadiums.  I have been traveling to New England for business monthly for the past 8 years.  

They. are absolutely the rudest, most entitled, and most obnoxious fans in the country.   Every fan base has some bad apples, but New England’s are the worst I have ever seen.

You can’t even say something good about another team in hotel bar without some obnoxious jerk making comments.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Process said:

Every fanbase has them

I can say for a fact that where my seats are, we have a few away fans near us every game because the STH's get primo $$ to sell them. And there is never a problem with opposing fans, even if they are a little belligerent. Also never seen a problem walking in or out of the stadium with opposing fans when there are thousands of people intermingling.

9 minutes ago, Process said:

Every fanbase has them

I don't disagree that every fanbase has them.

But do you honestly think that the Bills fans are as bad as say Philly or Oakland? I'm highly skeptical.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

My experience is that Bills fans are mostly nice to visitors with visiting jerseys etc, and I was a season ticket guy for 30 years.  (drunks excepted, but they hate everybody)  However, a family member wore his Bills jersey to a game in Pittsburg a while back, and, it wasn't pretty.  He had to leave the game because of the abuse from the Pitts fans.   I predict things will not be entirely rosy next Sunday night.......

I was there with the family once and my 2 girls were young...one dude was being a total douche and the other Pitt fans self regulated and told him to go get a beer and never come back.  Was impressed.  

Net net for every douche there are good hearted fans everywhere. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

I travel a lot.  Been to NFL games in 12 stadiums.  I have been traveling to New England for business monthly for the past 8 years.  

They. are absolutely the rudest, most entitled, and most obnoxious fans in the country.   Every fan base has some bad apples, but New England’s are the worst I have ever seen.

You can’t even say something good about another team in hotel bar without some obnoxious jerk making comments.  

This has been my experience as well. 

20 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Yinzers gonna yinzer.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

In the same token I have sat around Pats fans in our own stadium and they have been pretty respectful.  I don't disagree with what you are saying.  A lot of them are rude and entitled, but in my experience there are normal fans as well.  

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I don't disagree that every fanbase has them.

But do you honestly think that the Bills fans are as bad as say Philly or Oakland? I'm highly skeptical.

I have never been to a game in Oakland, but in addition to 130-ish games in Buffalo, I have been to games in Atlanta, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles (Raiders), Minnesota, New York, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Tampa Bay and Washington....14 NFL cities. My opinion on Buffalo may be tainted by the fact that I have been to so many more games there...but I would say Buffalo really does rank on the lower end of "fan behavior".  Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New York and Washington round out my bottom 5.  That is not to say I don't love the fan base, and enjoy game days in Buffalo more than the rest, but there has been a sort of "anything goes" vibe in Orchard Park for years.  I haven't been to a game in Buffalo, since 2014, so it is possible things are a little more under control, but the last few games I went to (granted watching terrible football in bad weather for most of them) I gotta say, I was taken back a bit by how bad things were. For me, an adult male, I never felt in danger, but I would think twice (as my dad did before me, I am sure) about taking younger kids to a game.

56 minutes ago, Process said:

Every fanbase has them

Been to Buffalo games 8 times now. Only 2 times I saw bad treatment was some smart mouth throwing wings at my son in law wearing his Pats cap. Had to tell him to knock off his crap when one missed him and hit my daughter. Other was when a Bills fan threw a Redskin (kid) fans towel down and hit me in the head. Morons will be morons. 

1 hour ago, Process said:

Every fanbase has them

I was at the Ravens game last year and the a holes there were bad to Bills fans.  

tossing beers at a garbage can and when it sloops beer near us pretend to be sorry with a smug smile. 

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

I worked in massivetwosh*** for a little while near Boston. It was by far the worst place I’ve ever been. The only nice people I met there were from Connecticut. 

1 hour ago, Process said:

Every fanbase has them

Bills games are rough to be sure, in particular when the team is losing.  I'm not going too in depth with this as it happened a long time ago, and plus I don't want to get banned for telling a horrible story of years ago.  I have heard that ownership is trying to clean this up and that friends in family in WNY have confirmed that the game day experience is a LOT better than it used to be.

My childhood friend from Buffalo and I bought amazing seats for the Jags/Bills game in 2004.  We were finally professional guys and decided to live it up (by getting better seats) but only for a day.  Within 10 minutes of getting to our seat an obviously drunken and belligerent Bills fan puked all over a girl (she was wearing a Jags jersey!) who was probably no more than 13.  It took security like half hour to get there.  So we watch a terrible half of football and decide to pee before heading back out to the tailgate (again, suppressing details to protect the innocent and the guilty).  We went up a couple of levels since the bathrooms were packed at our level and a drunken guy who's wearing Zubaz cuts the line, tries to pee in the sink, is shoved, then falls down in pees... in the air.  We saw fights heading back to the tailgate.  We saw drunken people crashing into the asphalt.

From that point on I just go to backers' bars.  It's a heckuva lot safer.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buftex said:

I have never been to a game in Oakland, but in addition to 130-ish games in Buffalo, I have been to games in Atlanta, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles (Raiders), Minnesota, New York, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Tampa Bay and Washington....14 NFL cities. My opinion on Buffalo may be tainted by the fact that I have been to so many more games there...but I would say Buffalo really does rank on the lower end of "fan behavior".  Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New York and Washington round out my bottom 5.  That is not to say I don't love the fan base, and enjoy game days in Buffalo more than the rest, but there has been a sort of "anything goes" vibe in Orchard Park for years.  I haven't been to a game in Buffalo, since 2014, so it is possible things are a little more under control, but the last few games I went to (granted watching terrible football in bad weather for most of them) I gotta say, I was taken back a bit by how bad things were. For me, an adult male, I never felt in danger, but I would think twice (as my dad did before me, I am sure) about taking younger kids to a game.

You've been to far more games at far more stadiums than me and I appreciate the perspective.

For the games/stadiums I've been to (mostly the Meadowlands) I agree that taking younger kids to a game is something to think twice about. But are the Buffalo fans that abusive to opposing fans to rank them among the worst?