Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wppete

This Team is one year away

Recommended Posts

We are one year away from being serious contenders. Bills showed today we are not an elite team yet. One more good FA class and Draft class. 

  • Like (+1) 19
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda unfair. Yeah they were trash today but come playoff time anyone has a shot to get hot.

  • Like (+1) 7
  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game was winnable with the team we had out there against one of the best teams in the league.  
 

Players who will be on this team next year simply didn’t play well enough. 

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fouts was right for once...we need a jump ball receiver in the red zone. Tee Higgins would be really useful in those spots. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were one play away from tying in the fourth against the best team in the league WHILE letting our QB be crushed. We also stopped their rushing. 
 

We are good now. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wppete said:

We are one year away from being serious contenders. Bills showed today we are not an elite team yet. One more good FA class and Draft class. 


maybe so. But the schedule next season looks a lot harder. So that will offset any player gains most likely 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wppete said:

We are one year away from being serious contenders. Bills showed today we are not an elite team yet. One more good FA class and Draft class. 

The biggest problem with the roster today was at QB.

 

Not sure the QB is a year away from making us a serious contender.

 

Unless you are thinking about drafting another or making a trade for one of the big names that are likely to come on the market this off-season.

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree.  Primary needs are a RT, DE, second RB, and a big WR.  Daboll is a problem, too.  He should be replaced but not with someone who will implement a whole new offensive system; just tweak what is there and go toward quicker passes.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

We were one play away from tying in the fourth against the best team in the league WHILE letting our QB be crushed. We also stopped their rushing. 
 

We are good now. 

Agreed. Good not great. Josh looked in over his head like he did against the Pats 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wppete said:

We are one year away from being serious contenders. Bills showed today we are not an elite team yet. One more good FA class and Draft class. 

 

Maybe, maybe not. It doesn't work like that.

  • Skeptical 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate these threads. It's like people think we are going to win every game. We are 9-4 and in the driver seat to a wild card where anything can happen once we get there but we are still one year away? 

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wppete said:

We are one year away from being serious contenders. Bills showed today we are not an elite team yet. One more good FA class and Draft class. 


maybe one year away from winning the super bowl. We are a top-5 team. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Skeptical 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

This game was winnable with the team we had out there against one of the best teams in the league.  
 

Players who will be on this team next year simply didn’t play well enough. 

 

Yeah they didnt play well enough today to win... i think they can still improve though with another preseason under their belts..

 

Allens, Edmunds, Knox and Ford still learning their trades...

 

They are still another couple of players away... a WR and DE at least needs to be added this offseason..

 

 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I hate these threads. It's like people think we are going to win every game. We are 9-4 and in the driver seat to a wild card where anything can happen once we get there but we are still one year away? 

 

As a Super Bowl contender yes... 1 year away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Fouts was right for once...we need a jump ball receiver in the red zone. Tee Higgins would be really useful in those spots. 


DUUUUKE Williams?????

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The biggest problem with the roster today was at QB.

 

Not sure the QB is a year away from making us a serious contender.

 

Unless you are thinking about drafting another or making a trade for one of the big names that are likely to come on the market this off-season.

 

 

Do you have anything else to say except for Allen sucks!  Because you are truly boring!

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

We were one play away from tying in the fourth against the best team in the league WHILE letting our QB be crushed. We also stopped their rushing. 
 

We are good now. 

 

Damn right, yo. It's 1988 all over again. Just need another couple drafts.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The biggest problem with the roster today was at QB.

 

Not sure the QB is a year away from making us a serious contender.

 

Unless you are thinking about drafting another or making a trade for one of the big names that are likely to come on the market this off-season.

 

Crusade away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

 

Do you have anything else to say except for Allen sucks!  Because you are truly boring!

 

You know.  The ignore user button exists for that.    It's a great feature...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...