This Team is one year away

wppete

3 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Top 10 for sure - To get into the top 5 who are we better than here.

San Francisco

Baltimore

New Orleans

Kansas City

Green Bay

Seattle

New England

Minnesota 

LA Rams

Buffalo Bills

Tennesse Titans

Titans, Rams, Minnesota, Current State NE... living in Washington and watching a lot of Seahawks the Bills should beat them. I guess if I had to pick a current top 5 my list would be: Baltimore/San Fran/New Orleans all right at top. then KC/GB

9 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Exactly how is this a middling team?

We are not exactly a middling team, most power rankings have us around 9-10 which I would say is accurate.

Only point I was trying to make  is another offseason doesn't guarantee that we will be a powerhouse next year.  Every other team in the league goes through the same process to try and become more competitive.  I would much rather hope this team gels now and get hot for the playoffs than bank on another offseason taking us over the top.  We are not going to get as easy a schedule next year that we did this year.

19 hours ago, wppete said:

We are one year away from being serious contenders. Bills showed today we are not an elite team yet. One more good FA class and Draft class. 

I have mixed emotions on this. I mean you are probably right, but I think that we are currently in a class with any team in the league. Imo, no team completely outclasses the Buffalo Bills. Couple this with a young and improving Josh Allen, and we have a chance.

That said, the 2020 draft was tailor made for the Buffalo Bills. I often wonder if Beane saw and planned for the glut of top quality receivers that will be out there in April (which I think is CLEARLY our #1 need). Sorry, but I am unaccustomed to highly skilled Bills leadership.

So yes, it's a longshot, but imo the Bills still have a chance to go all the way, even this year. Next year, if they play the offseason right and stay fairly healthy, I think that they can win it all and will be one of the favorites to do so.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Exactly how is this a middling team?

beat all the garbage heaps, sometimes squeaking it out

lost to the teams it should have

then again Marv's teams never won a game they shouldn't have, lost a handful of games they had no business in a million years

13 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Top 10 for sure - To get into the top 5 who are we better than here.

San Francisco

Baltimore

New Orleans

Kansas City

Green Bay

Seattle

New England

Minnesota 

LA Rams

Buffalo Bills

Tennesse Titans

I think we can beat any of those teams. Green Bay just struggled to put away Washington...

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

beat all the garbage heaps, sometimes squeaking it out

lost to the teams it should have

then again Marv's teams never won a game they shouldn't have, lost a handful of games they had no business in a million years

Middling, to me, is in the middle. Dallas isn't garbage, the Titans aren't garbage, Broncos aren't garbage...Bills are 4th in the conference in pole position for wildcard. I don't consider that middling personally

18 hours ago, pop gun said:

To blame this on the QB shows you know nothing. The oline couldn't  hold a block for more than 2 seconds, the WR/TE/RB couldn't catch a cold and the OC could design or call a decent game if his life depended on it. That said Allen could absolutely be better but to blame him for the loss shows your ignorance and lack of knowledge.

First 3 offensive series of the game ended with Allen passing 3-5 yards ahead of his receiver. Baltimore didn’t have any safeties deep on those plays either so an accurate pass, while difficult, would have resulted in a TD. I would like a QB who can complete a couple of those difficult passes a game. Hopefully Allen can start to hit them, but it has been a problem all season. Clearly Baltimore noticed this and was able to blitz instead of keeping safeties deep. If a player only hits one 3 pointer all season you back off him until he starts to prove you wrong. 

That was my big takeaway from yesterday.  Getting closer, but not quite there yet.  I think Allen needs one more offseason of seasoning before he's really ready for primetime.  He played terribly yesterday because he was under constant duress.  He was under constant duress, because he just doesn't know how to check us into the correct plays and blocking assignments at the LOS.  He's a smart dude, so I suspect he'll get it soon.

2 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

anyone can beat anyone on any given day, but are we a better team than the top 5 right now.

Ask that the other way around. Do any of those top 5 feel comfortable playing the Buffalo Bills in the playoffs/superbowl? I think they all would say heck no..

I think we are as good as any of them. If our O can get going, we will be better.

19 hours ago, TroutDog said:

We were one play away from tying in the fourth against the best team in the league WHILE letting our QB be crushed. We also stopped their rushing. 

We are good now. 

I agree, there is, however, room for improvement.

I am very excited to see where this team will be next year, after another year with Beane in FA and another draft...along with $90,000.000 or so in cap room.

Along with another year of experience for Josh and Edmunds.  The sky is the limit for this teams foreseeable future!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The offense as currently constructed is just fair to middling. They need playmakers at WR and TE ( Knox’s suspect hands mean he may not be the guy there). That’s a big part of the reason the Bills struggle vs cover zero. Watch the NFL highlight shows and you see WRs and TEs making plays on passes that are just thrown in their general vicinity, much less pinpoint. The Bills don’t have those kind of athletes. They have a nice slot receiver and a good speed wideout , that’s about it. No one scares a team with elite DBs such as the Ravens or Pats. Now, most teams don’t have that kind of quality in the secondary, but if you want to play with the big boys in the playoffs ... So yes, the team is probably a bit ahead of schedule overall but the offense needs more talent. They also need another RB and to figure out how to set up/ sell screens. Until then, they will struggle vs the elite pressure defenses of the league. 

• Like (+1) 1