The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Apparently, Mitt is not running in 2024 or he hopes Utah forgets. What a tool.

I am surprised about Manchin. Anyhoooo on to the real lawbreakers. 

not so sure about that, he might believe he now can capture the middle ground, he is once again relevant and he can claim he has the moral high ground.............what a classic bull#### politician he is

46 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Sinema was always a wildcard

I think whatever gut-level hate that online leftists are spewing at her after breaking rank last night is probably lessened with this vote.

She's turning into the Democrat version of John McCain. Play both sides as best possible and keep your job for 90 years.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Jaraxxus said:

GOP needs to cut off all party funding from Romney, it's pretty simple.

Excommunicado.

Ordinarily I would not support any reprisal sort of action.

There are plenty of GOP senators with diverse ideas and frequently they will be at odds with the President.

But this is different.

To actually vote to REMOVE the President, on the flimsiest BS charge.................is over the line.

• Like (+1) 7

9 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

GOP needs to cut off all party funding from Romney, it's pretty simple.

Nitt can go hit up his pal and advisor, Joe Cofer Black, who is on the board now at Burisma and was when Hunter Biden was on it.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 3

The Democrats go out of their way to re-elect Donald Trump.  I do sometimes think it's deliberate.

It's not like they didn't know.  There are smart people in that party.  However, emotions cloud judgement and that's all this party has used since 2015.  

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm going to be on the streets of NYC tomorrow at around Noon.

Gonna be a lot of scalp fragments and brain matter raining form the upper windows from peoples' exploding heads.  I've got to remember to take an umbrella.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

Gonna be a lot of scalp fragments and brain matter raining form the upper windows from peoples' exploding heads.  I've got to remember to take an umbrella.

Stay away from 57th and 5th.

What a disaster it was around there today.

I couldn’t even drive crosstown on 57th street with these idiot protesters.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, snafu said:

....good news is Home Depot has a BOGO sale on brain fragment shovels......come with a souvenir pen................

there really shouldn't be too much brain matter for you to worry about

12 minutes ago, snafu said:

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Apparently, Mitt is not running in 2024 or he hopes Utah forgets. What a tool.

I am surprised about Manchin. Anyhoooo on to the real lawbreakers. 

Why? Why is he a tool?

Because he heard the evidence and voted, by all accounts, his conviction? 

Or is there another reason?

8 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

Len, I agree with your take that most of this has been discussed but in the spirit of the last word......

Healthcare - just seems that the Dems and Repubs differ on the availability of healthcare to poor people.  Even for those people that cannot afford it, Dems have been aspiring to provide some level of care before the sick/poor drop over on their way to an emergency room.  Repubs seem content with the current employer based care.  The ACA had several big issues but it appeared the plan was taking a first swipe at covering all....and personally, the pre-existing condition coverage was important to me. 

Any legislated program of that size is going to need fixes as we see the problems in practice.  If I recall, the Repubs have blocked improvement attempts and are well on the way to undoing it.  I have no problem with anyone that wants to point out the flaws with the ACA.  Philosophically, I disagree with those that are content with the pre-ACA med insurance practices. 

Funny how you so vehemently opposed my description of what happened with Trump/Russia.  As most know, I think there was enough actual smoke there to investigate but that is not my point here.  I was trying to lay out your side of what happened and somehow you saw something totally different in my question.  For discussion, I was allowing that there was a deep state plot and that they totally framed a saintly Trump.  BRB, gotta go puke....lol

So, bearing in mind that I am attempting, for discussion purposes, to agree that some deep state FBI/CIA types manufactured the evidence to produce the above mentioned smoke, how can you blame the average person for believing the story the deep state put together?

This is the original text from above:

Now, this is tougher to follow.....If there was a subset of FBI and/or CIA  officials that were behind the supposed 'coup plot' in 2016, they manipulated/manufactured the whole tale that Trump was involved with Russians to get himself elected.  They made him look like a possible traitor, is that basically correct?

If that is what happened, how can you blame people, posters, politicians, or even media outlets for seeing the publicly available evidence and concluding that he might, in fact, be involved with the Russians.  If what we saw on the surface was true, not investigating would be irresponsible.  I don't agree that Mueller produced nothing.  I don't agree that every bit of Trump-Russia evidence was innocent or manufactured but if that is the story you believe, concluding that everyone that bought the story was hateful or unreasonably out to get Donnie, is not really logical.

I won't be hurt if you are talked out on these issues.  Reply or not, I will manage.

You won’t be hurt, but you would not be enlightened!

Healthcare...I could write on this for hours.  The bottom line—the ACA was designed to fail, it was established under false pretenses, and “improving” a substandard program of that magnitude is akin to putting lipstick on a pig. The blame for the failure rests with the architect, not those who came after.  Had the program broad national appeal, it would not have been susceptible to being dismantled, That does not excuse the Rs for letting this become a mess.

Your reasoning is understandable, but math matters.  The ACA treats a financial issue as a political one, that always ends badly on a balance sheet.  

I didn’t vehemently oppose your description.  I think it’s wrong.  I never suggested that Trump was saintly, quite the opposite in fact.  I acknowledged the fundamental issue you brought up, and placed it in context.  I mention that a lot, because it’s important to understanding how the world works. 

I don’t blame the average person for being duped, but I think they have been duped nonetheless.  I do not think of Obama et al as the average person, nor do I think most journalists covering the story are average people either.  

One of the more fascinating parts of this whole thing has been following the links posted here, reading the thoughts shared and looking at the time/date stamps.  I know you’ll hate this one, but here’s a question:  How come a handful of posters on a message board were able to scoop the national media on a story as colossal as Trump = Russian = Treason = Bull Thit a couple years before they got there?  I’d credit all but would likely will miss a few...but a certain Psychotic Rhinocerotidae called this game two years+ ago.  How the $&#@ did the world of investigate journalism miss all the signs?  The only story bigger than “THE PREZ IS A RUSSIAN!” Would normally be “HOW THE &$#@ DID THESE NITWITS COME TO THINK THE PREZ WAS A COMMIE??”. 

The average person may/may not believe whatever they hear.  That’s life.  It’s on the President to tell the story moving forward, and it’s on AG Barr and his people to flush out the rats for all to see.  For the more politically woke, it’s not even close. I understand and accept that you feel the process was fair to all parties, that errors if made were the result of human flaws, not systemic, not corrupt and certainly not intentionally designed to unseat 45.  

I’ll be honest now—I’m poking fun at your perspective from here on down.  

Good news all around:  FBI Director Wray has committed to restructuring the steno pool to ensure no more typos.  Steps 1-8 deal with who orders the White Out:;https://www.nationalreview.com/news/fbi-director-christopher-wray-announces-40-corrective-steps-in-response-to-failures-detailed-in-horowitz-report/

Further comment  by Wray:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wray-says-fbi-actions-to-obtain-carter-page-fisa-warrant-were-unacceptable-and-cannot-be-repeated

Wray is a real bug on grammar, furious with incorrect use of there/their/they’re when begging the Secret FISA court for free reign  to trample on the rights on an American citizen. 

Finally:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/01/23/its-official-the-fisa-warrants-issued-against-carter-page-were-not-valid-n2560007

I only read until I got to the part where the whole misunderstanding  boiled down to “I before e except after c”.  Apparently some backroom typist thought it was “...except after p”. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Why? Why is he a tool?

Because he heard the evidence and voted, by all accounts, his conviction? 

Or is there another reason?

Because he didn't make his vote based on principle (or evidence), but out of his delusional desire to be embraced by the big media complex. The same ones who destroyed him during his presidential run... 

They'll never love him, or embrace him. But he can't help but pine for them all the same. That's why he'll forever be Mittens. 

• Like (+1) 2

For folks who talk about how the left being so intolerant of other opinions, and then to demonize Romney, who, by all accounts voted based on his interpretation of the evidence and his conviction is strange indeed. The man used his voice and performed his Constitutional responsibility to cast a vote that he felt was right. 

This is especially interesting given that there were other Republican senators who said that they feel what Trump did was wrong but punted to the voters to make the decision around whether the wrong justified removal from office.

Not that I’m a Constitutional purist or anything but I’ve never seen that assignment of responsibility in the four corners of the document.

But back to Romney ... why the hate for a good man?  

1 minute ago, Juror#8 said:

For folks who talk about how the left being so intolerant of other opinions, and then to demonize Romney, who, by all accounts voted based on his interpretation of the evidence and his conviction is strange indeed. The man used his voice and performed his Constitutional responsibility to cast a vote that he felt was right. 

All that only applies if one thinks he's being genuine. He's not. Hence the response. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

This is especially interesting given that there were other Republican senators who said that they feel what Trump did was wrong but punted to the voters to make the decision around whether the wrong justified removal from office.

Not that I’m a Constitutional purist or anything but I’ve never seen that assignment of responsibility in the four corners of the document.

But back to Romney ... why the hate for a good man?  

anyone who could listen to the story from the house Dems and be convinced that it’s a reason to remove an elected president (9 months before an election) is a tool or a complete moron. 

let me add to this. 

I don’t care one iota if President Trump’s motivation was 100% to dig up dirt on Biden and the DNC.  It’s irrelevant.  The fact is both the Biden’s behavior in Ukraine and any possibility to recover the DNC server demand investigations into those things. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 1

I believe him when he says that he did it out of conviction. Mitt seems like a principled man of faith and conviction.

I didn’t agree with impeachment or removal because I don’t think the allegations, as I understood them, satisfied what I believe to be a very high bar (without some mental gymnastics and to be fair I didn’t think they did for Clinton either). But I don’t have any reason to believe that Romney didn’t appraise the evidence and vote in good conscious. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dubs said:

anyone who could listen to the story from the house Dems and be convinced that it’s a reason to remove an elected president (9 months before an election) is a tool or a complete moron. 

If you want to name-call your way through this then ok.

If you want to discuss then all the better. 

I don’t think Trump should have been removed from office for reasons related to my understanding of the incredibly high bar for the execution of that step. 

The issue here though is why so much hate for Romney. He voted based on appraising the evidence. He knew the vote wouldn’t change the course of next steps. He voted independently and as per his Constitutional responsibility. In his explanation he names faith, conscious, and an agonizing appraisal of the evidence as the deciding factors. 

In this political climate of factions, vapidity, and popularity contests on both sides, I sorta, kinda dig independence and solemnity. 

Edited by Juror#8