The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

9 minutes ago, snafu said:

He did run twice before.  I think he gave up after the first debate where he kicked the crap out of Obama, it was strange.

Maybe tired is more like it.

Or maybe he's happy being a contrarian in a safe Senate seat.

The last reason is probably the correct answer.  You know.........lazy  ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He has years to go in his term and Utah is not a big Trump state, anyway. 

You would like to ruin anyone's career that gets in the way of Trump, though, wouldn't you? This is why we call you guys cultists 

Utah is the most red state in the country. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

“He’s the leader of my party,” Romney said of Trump. “He’s the president of the United States. I voted with him 80 percent of the time. I agree with his economic policies and a lot of other policies. And yet he did something which was grievously wrong. And to say, well, you know, because I’m on his team and I agree with him most of the time, that I should then assent to a political motive, would be a real stain on our constitutional democracy.”

How dramatic and self righteous of Mitt, he wants to avoid a stain on our consitituional democary.  What a total load of crap.

Sounds exactly like John McCain.

Petty sore loser, wants to appear the esteemed incorruptable politician. Also needs the attention from a pandering biased media.   He will demonstrate how "Brave" he is by voting his "conscience", LOL.

5 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I don't understand why Mitt even became a senator.  He's 72, wealthy and can do whatever he wants.  Why would you choose at that age to be shackled to a Senate job and for 6 years and when your wife has had health scares?  Like McCain he should have retired after not becoming President. 

Good virtues except that Trump has/had iron clad justification for asking for Biden to be investigated. 

Romney and McCain hanging on...it is called ego and prestige.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I don't understand why Mitt even became a senator.  He's 72, wealthy and can do whatever he wants.  Why would you choose at that age to be shackled to a Senate job and for 6 years and when your wife has had health scares?  Like McCain he should have retired after not becoming President. 

As you know I do financial planning for a living.  One of the hardest things is preparing people mentally for the challenge of retirement.  For many sitting around in a rocking chair scares the crap out of them.  Me included.  Here he gives himself a purpose, keeps busy, get out of the house and hangs with people like Kyrsten Sinema.  Hubba hubba!! 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He has years to go in his term and Utah is not a big Trump state, anyway. 

You would like to ruin anyone's career that gets in the way of Trump, though, wouldn't you? This is why we call you guys cultists 

Yeah you got that one nailed as per usual, Trump got almost twice the number of votes as did the old corrupt shrew hillary

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

As you know I do financial planning for a living.  One of the hardest things is preparing people mentally for the challenge of retirement.  For many sitting around in a rocking chair scares the crap out of them.  Me included.  Here he gives himself a purpose, keeps busy, get out of the house and hangs with people like Kyrsten Sinema.  Hubba hubba!! 

Take another look at Kyrsten.  I don't think she's that great.  Hear what you're saying about retirement but in Mitt's case he would have so many options for things to do and things that would have a purpose. 

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Take another look at Kyrsten.  I don't think she's that great.  Hear what you're saying about retirement but in Mitt's case he would have so many options for things to do and things that would have a purpose. 

He thinks this will mark hm down in history as the lone Republican standing up for what is "right".  

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

I've taken a lot of looks at her recently.  I have a thing for blondes in glasses.  

Romney is power hungry.  So a Senator is way to have power and not have to work real hard.

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I've taken a lot of looks at her recently.  I have a thing for blondes in glasses.  

Romney is power hungry.  So a Senator is way to have power and not have to work real hard.

Not only that, but if you wanted to add another lady for fun sexy times Krysten would probably be agreeable.

…."follow my conscience".....LOL.....how about "my 2012 wounds ain't healed"...……..

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/romney-trump-chris-wallace-i-had-to-follow-my-conscience

Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, told Fox News' Chris Wallace Wednesday in an exclusive interview that he "had to follow my conscience" in deciding to vote to convict President Trump on abuse of power, a decision that's likely to ignite serious blowback from Trump and others in the Republican Party.

"I believe that the act he took, an effort to corrupt an election is as destructive an attack on the oath of office and our Constitution as I can imagine," Romney said. "It is a high crime and misdemeanor within the meaning of the Constitution, and that is not a decision I take lightly. It is the last decision I want to take."

Romney later told Wallace: "I had to follow my conscience," when asked about the likely blowback from Trump.

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

How dramatic and self righteous of Mitt, he wants to avoid a stain on our consitituional democary.  What a total load of crap.

Sounds exactly like John McCain.

Petty sore loser, wants to appear the esteemed incorruptable politician. Also needs the attention from a pandering biased media.   He will demonstrate how "Brave" he is by voting his "conscience", LOL.

Romney and McCain hanging on...it is called ego and prestige.

No, Trump abused his power. You’d be ok if Obama did this?

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So Manchin, Jones, and Sinema all voted yes. 

***** 'em.

Doug Jones is absolutely cooked anyway, he thinks that at least he can find some staff role in DC Democrat circles by demonstrating his loyalty to the party. 

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah you got that one nailed as per usual, Trump got almost twice the number of votes as did the old corrupt shrew hillary

Lol, 

Donald Trump won the election in Utah with 45.5 percent of the vote, the lowest percentage for any Republican since George H. W. Bush in 1992. Hillary Clinton received 27.5 percent of the vote, and Independent candidate Evan McMullin received 21.5 percent.

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So Manchin, Jones, and Sinema all voted yes. 

***** 'em.

Lol, the cult is very displeased! ?

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

They can do that because they know the repubs have the votes to acquit, they are just pandering to the one side

Agreed. The only one that surprises me out of the three is Manchin. He's going to lose. 

Sinema was always a wildcard, and Jones has no shot to win re-election anyway, so he might as well go down with the ship. 

Just now, dubs said:

Doug Jones is absolutely cooked anyway, he thinks that at least he can find some staff role in DC Democrat circles by demonstrating his loyalty to the party. 

:beer: Took the words out of my mouth. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, Trump abused his power. You’d be ok if Obama did this?

We'd never know if Obama or any prior President did something like this.

Nobody would have "whistleblown" on anyone other than Trump, because #orangemanbad/#resist.

• Like (+1) 1