Week 12: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

Two top 4 defenses means a single play could decide this game. I'm worried about Cody Ford's matchup with Von Miller, but B Allen is just awful. I don't think he could even make any other NFL roster besides Denver's. 13-6 Bills. Denver's strength is their secondary. Time to get Singletary his first 20 carry/100 yard game.

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I've seen a lot of Josh Allen talk so far this week about Sundays game.

Not so much talk about Brandon Allen.

Playing on the road again against the Bills D I am puzzled as to how much of a threat he actually poses.

You can check out his splits here.    He can throw.  Not lighting everyone's hair on fire, but steady when it counts.

Not a huge run threat, but he has used his legs to pick up several first downs.

Looks like he might struggle a bit on short yardage throws to the Rt

He's completed some bombs, which will make folks sore if he pulls off here. 

image.thumb.png.5a4afb4e596be31e7dfe875bda51f889.png

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pokebball said:

I don't mind field goals but it sure feels like we have to settle on too many attempts.  I'd like to convert one or two of those attempts into TDs down the stretch.  Reduce the number of times we stall after crossing mid field.  Those extra 4/8 pts are huge.

Alternatively, score every drive and the field goals are just icing!

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You can check out his splits here.    He can throw.  Not lighting everyone's hair on fire, but steady when it counts.

I mentioned earlier that he isn't afraid to toss a few bombs, but from what I saw it looked like a lot of them were contested catches. Hopefully our DBs are ready to make a play on the ball. 

.....I will be rooting hard for the Bills this week....I HATE the Broncos.  I hope not only do the Bills win this game, but that Josh Allen goes 280, 3 TD passing and a rushing TD as he escapes Von Miller all game long.  It would make me happy to see some Broncos fans remorseful over passing Josh Allen in the draft.  Thank you.  that is all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Weird how I havent seen concerns on his accuracy issues when he is way below 60% *wink*

Kyle Brandt made an interesting point on GMFB. He mentioned that this is a game the Bills HAVE TO win going into Thanksgiving. Nobody watches the Buffalo Bills! Not one Primetime Game this year. Not one 4pm start this year at home. They are 7-3 and we've all heard the pundits and naysayers comment on their schedule and the beating of the bottom dwellers. They CANNOT go into Thanksgiving where the whole nation will be watching wondering if the Bills are for real or a sham. They can't afford to lost to a 3-7 team before a game that is nationally televised and expect to be taken seriously.  I gotta admit, I kinda agree.....

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019112401/2019/REG12/broncos@bills?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2019112401

Edited by billsbackto81

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Kyle Brandt made an interesting point on GMFB. He mentioned that this is a game the Bills HAVE TO win going into Thanksgiving. Nobody watches the Buffalo Bills! Not one Primetime Game this year. Not one 4pm start this year at home. They are 7-3 and we've all heard the pundits and naysayers comment on their schedule and the beating of the bottom dwellers. They CANNOT go into Thanksgiving where the whole nation will be watching wondering if the Bills are for real or a sham. They can't afford to lost to a 3-7 team before a game that is nationally televised and expect to be taken seriously.  I gotta admit, I kinda agree.....

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019112401/2019/REG12/broncos@bills?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2019112401

I'd argue us beating the Cowboys would be way more important if you give a damn about public perception.  We need to win this game because ten wins will pry guarantee a playoff spot.  We'll be underdogs in our next four.  If we can only get to nine then this Denver game could be huge in terms of tiebreakers.  Then when we beat the Texans, Colts, or Chiefs in the Wild Card round we'll get national respect.

5 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

.....I will be rooting hard for the Bills this week....I HATE the Broncos.  I hope not only do the Bills win this game, but that Josh Allen goes 280, 3 TD passing and a rushing TD as he escapes Von Miller all game long.  It would make me happy to see some Broncos fans remorseful over passing Josh Allen in the draft.  Thank you.  that is all.

I wish we were undefeated like you guys.

• Haha (+1) 8

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

That stuff only matters to fans and (some) media.  The game is important because (a) it's a conference game; (b) it's a home game; and (c) it's against an inferior opponent.  If the Bills want to be considered a PLAYOFF team they win this game, period.  You don't lose at home in late November to a team playing .300 football.  It's really that simple.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I think this is weird thinking on Kyle Brant's part that inflates the role of the media and public perception in a team's thinking.

-The Bills need to win this game because it is a game they ought to win.  They are playing a team with a worse record than theirs, at home.

-The Bills need to win this game because they need to win 3 more games if they want to get a "hat in the playoffs".  This game, the Steelers, and the Jets are the 3 games we match up with and should have the talent to win.  The Cowboys are possible, but traveling to Dallas on a short week is a huge challenge and it will depend upon which Cowboys team shows up.  The Ravens and Patriots are the class of the AFC right now.

-The Bills have been hearing themselves dissed off by pundits and naysayers all season, why would beating a team with a losing record at home be expected to change that?

-The Bills will be taken seriously during the Cowboys game, depending upon how they play in the Cowboys game.

5 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

Weird how I havent seen concerns on his accuracy issues when he is way below 60% *wink*

I think that's because the bar is set differently when you're the 7th overall pick in the draft, vs. a 6th round pick who has been bouncing around the league.

In the former case, we expect Mahomes or better performance (given the overall track record of 1st round picks, we shouldn't, but we do)

In the latter case, if the guy can call a play and throw a completon it's chill.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Question on the charts (thanks for posting them btw). Green is a completion, White is incomplete and red is an interception, but what do the blue streaks mean?

8 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Must win... could be a downer for a few weeks after.

Granted the schedule heats up after the Denver game but this Bills team seems to have coped pretty well with losses this season. 

It would have been fairly understandable for their heads to drop after a loss but they've bounced back each time. Fair enough, we played Washington and Miami straight after defeats but we're not exactly that good a team to be saying those were shoe-ins. Especially with Miami winning a couple beforehand.

The win against Tennessee was a great bounce back after the New England loss. 

I believe the team is mentally strong enough to pull out a result or two between Denver and Jets. They seem to revel in the underdog role. 

Edited by BritBill