Week 12: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

The way they ran out on the field for the winning fg didn't even give me enough time to dread what was about to happen.  That one was rough.  We had another home opener against the Jags a few years earlier that was also a walk off TD by them I believe.  Then there was Bledsoe's first year here where the Jets took the OT kickoff for a TD.  Not a good decade for home openers.

Also, blowing the opener in 2009 at NE.

Oh the joy.

11 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Unforgettable ending. It went from an almost certain loss to a crazy comeback win. A scoring flurry for the Bills with 3 TDs in a span of just 77 seconds. 

I remember people calling the 1990 Bills frauds after the Denver game.

Even back then the Lame Stream Media was out of their minds.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Also, blowing the opener in 2009 at NE.

Oh the joy.

I remember people calling the 1990 Bills frauds after the Denver game.

Even back then the Lame Stream Media was out of their minds.

Lol, this is true. I recall watching WGRZ TV newscast that night and Ed Kilgore said it was a game “ the Bills probably didn’t deserve to win” . Ridiculous 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Lol, this is true. I recall watching WGRZ TV newscast that night and Ed Kilgore said it was a game “ the Bills probably didn’t deserve to win” . Ridiculous 

What RB did Denver have that year who ran all over us that game...was it Sammy Winder? I remember being there like it was yesterday...took a first date to the game and got lucky afterwards. 

The coldest most miserable home Denver game for me was a Saturday night game on December 17, 2005.  Kelly Holcombe the man under for Buffalo. Jake Plummer For Denver.  We lost 28-17. It was ugly.

I don't know what the temp was but it was super cold. I caught a bug and threw up all night. Next day caught a long flight back to Seattle.  

hopefully Sunday turns out better.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, eball said:

What RB did Denver have that year who ran all over us that game...was it Sammy Winder? I remember being there like it was yesterday...took a first date to the game and got lucky afterwards. 

Well, I guess it was a big win then?

7 hours ago, eball said:

Thinking that was Bobby Humphrey

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/18/2019 at 12:24 PM, dave mcbride said:

The one thing I'll say about yesterday that was deceiving was the near-complete lack of a pass rush by Miami. The Bills' o-line simply isn't that dominating, of course; it was mostly an effect of a terrible pass rush. Like all QBs, Allen tends to look good when he's not pressured. That's not going to happen next week. 

7 was on a return, which is a direct result of Siran Neal being out with a concussion.

More accurate.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

The coldest most miserable home Denver game for me was a Saturday night game on December 17, 2005.  Kelly Holcombe the man under for Buffalo. Jake Plummer For Denver.  We lost 28-17. It was ugly.

I don't know what the temp was but it was super cold. I caught a bug and threw up all night. Next day caught a long flight back to Seattle.  

hopefully Sunday turns out better.

My friend got kicked out of this game for hitting Ashley Lelee in the head with a snowball... That game WAS COLD

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/18/2019 at 4:57 PM, John from Riverside said:

Can we please stop acting like the bills have not faced legit defenses this year?

The titans for instance have a VERY good defense......we held up just fine

Also played the Pats and rolled up almost 400 yards on them...

On 11/18/2019 at 6:08 PM, Pokebball said:

Denver was successful stopping the run, limiting the Vikes to just over 2yds per.   They came averaging 4 1/2 yds per.  Diggs tore up Davontae Harris, who was pulled the last two series.  I'm not sure Brown is as good as Diggs, but Daboll needs to study that and see how Diggs was beating Harris.  If it was just speed, we probably can't replicate that.  I think our TEs could have a big game.

If it was just speed? John Brown is way faster than Diggs...dude can blow the top off a defense...I mean his nickname is Smoke after all...as in vapor trail...Allen just hasn't been able to hit the deep shot...

Why do you think Brown has so much success on these comebacks and outs? Because the DB is terrified of getting beat deep and gives him a lot of cushion.

FYI Brown ran a 4.3 at the combine and Diggs a 4.46...

Edited by matter2003

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

If it was just speed? John Brown is way faster than Diggs...dude can blow the top off a defense...I mean his nickname is Smoke after all...as in vapor trail...Allen just hasn't been able to hit the deep shot...

Why do you think Brown has so much success on these comebacks and outs? Because the DB is terrified of getting beat deep and gives him a lot of cushion.

FYI Brown ran a 4.3 at the combine and Diggs a 4.46...

Ive been wondering when DBs are gonna start jumping Browns routes/not giving him the cushion because the tape shows Allen cant hit the deep threat. Take their chances with getting beat deep more because they arent afraid of getting beat deep by Allen, knowing that if Brown does beat them Allen is gonna miss. 

Hoping they dont start employing that strategy because it just might work.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PaattMaann said:

Ive been wondering when DBs are gonna start jumping Browns routes/not giving him the cushion because the tape shows Allen cant hit the deep threat. Take their chances with getting beat deep more because they arent afraid of getting beat deep by Allen, knowing that if Brown does beat them Allen is gonna miss. 

Hoping they dont start employing that strategy because it just might work.

You would think that too but it only takes one time to hit it to put up 7 points...its not like anyone is catching him from behind if they do...teams are usually willing to give up a 15 yard throw versus a 70 yard one...

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

You would think that too but it only takes one time to hit it to put up 7 points...its not like anyone is catching him from behind if they do...teams are usually willing to give up a 15 yard throw versus a 70 yard one...

Oh I hear you man, but If I was a DC right now playing the Bills I would take that gamble. Love the progression from Allen so far, but he is STILL allergic to hitting the deep ball. I guess he is bound to hit one sometime this season, but I would be willing to be the first DC to play it that way. 

15 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Oh I hear you man, but If I was a DC right now playing the Bills I would take that gamble. Love the progression from Allen so far, but he is STILL allergic to hitting the deep ball. I guess he is bound to hit one sometime this season, but I would be willing to be the first DC to play it that way. 

I am not saying i disagree...i just think DCs are risk averse a lot of times with that type of thing haha...