Week 12: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

Ive been wondering when DBs are gonna start jumping Browns routes/not giving him the cushion because the tape shows Allen cant hit the deep threat. Take their chances with getting beat deep more because they arent afraid of getting beat deep by Allen, knowing that if Brown does beat them Allen is gonna miss. 

Hoping they dont start employing that strategy because it just might work.

It’s not just the threat of the deep speed that opens those routes though, he just plain beats them with his speed and he’s shown that he’s got crisp routes. He’s too shifty to try and play close cause he can stick a foot and be going a different direction so quickly. 

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It’s not just the threat of the deep speed that opens those routes though, he just plain beats them with his speed and he’s shown that he’s got crisp routes. He’s too shifty to try and play close cause he can stick a foot and be going a different direction so quickly. 

oh totally, I am by no means saying he's just a speedster / 9 route runner and thats why he gets open. He is a great route runner and is shifty, but we were commenting about how he is getting huge cushions that he then sits down in the zone a lot which is leading to a lot of open holes Josh is finding him in. He is a great, legit #1 WR. 

Just now, PaattMaann said:

oh totally, I am by no means saying he's just a speedster / 9 route runner and thats why he gets open. He is a great route runner and is shifty, but we were commenting about how he is getting huge cushions that he then sits down in the zone a lot which is leading to a lot of open holes Josh is finding him in. He is a great, legit #1 WR. 

Yeah, I got ya. Cushion against a burner is just natural. It does get bigger if we hit one of those shots. Can’t wait to see it!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

If it was just speed? John Brown is way faster than Diggs...dude can blow the top off a defense...I mean his nickname is Smoke after all...as in vapor trail...Allen just hasn't been able to hit the deep shot...

Why do you think Brown has so much success on these comebacks and outs? Because the DB is terrified of getting beat deep and gives him a lot of cushion.

FYI Brown ran a 4.3 at the combine and Diggs a 4.46...

Not disagreeing with you but just for knowledge. His nickname is based on his skin tone, not speed, was nicknamed fresh out the womb.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, eball said:

What RB did Denver have that year who ran all over us that game...was it Sammy Winder? I remember being there like it was yesterday...took a first date to the game and got lucky afterwards. 

I think you’re correct, ( without checking) believe it was Sammy Winder. Killed us with draw plays all day. Crazy how long ago that was, but the memory is still fresh. That game changed the course of the entire ‘90 season imo. 

12 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Not disagreeing with you but just for knowledge. His nickname is based on his skin tone, not speed, was nicknamed fresh out the womb.

So racist. Didn't know that. 

I had a friend who embraced his nickname. He was given it by his family as well. It was L.T.   (limo tint)

Im white, so I called him Eric.  Lol-