The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

2 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Maybe I was making a point that posters could think on rather than answering directly. 

Why do you lie when defending Trump? 

Like the other day in some thread, you said something like, The Ukraine got their money before 9/30, so what's the problem?  You know the problem with the timing of the whistle blower and the release of the funds but pretended that issue didn't exist.  Why? 

The bill says that the money was to be dispersed by 9/30/19. The law regarding foreign aid also states that we should not disperse it to corrupt countries. Ukraine had means to protect themselves from Russian tanks, but at some time they would need more. Trump clearly wanted to determine if Zelensky was working to fight corruption. Ukraine is not the only country that he has questioned regarding corruption and foreign aid. There's nothing to see here. What will you grasp at when all straws are banned?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Maybe I was making a point that posters could think on rather than answering directly. 

And maybe one day you'll write a post that has your actual opinion, formed from free thinking and not programming by your partisan masters... but that day is not today. 

oh for *****'s sake... only someone completely disconnected from reality would think it is ok to NOT investigate the Obama administration for corruption, but a-ok to investigate the Trump administration for anything and everything.

I have no idea why people keep arguing about this. If you were all for checking into the Trump campaign for 2016 foreign election "interference", you should be on board with investigating the Obama administration for 2016 election interference, 2008-2016 money laundering, graft, etc.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The bill says that the money was to be dispersed by 9/30/19. The law regarding foreign aid also states that we should not disperse it to corrupt countries. Ukraine had means to protect themselves from Russian tanks, but at some time they would need more. Trump clearly wanted to determine if Zelensky was working to fight corruption. Ukraine is not the only country that he has questioned regarding corruption and foreign aid. There's nothing to see here. What will you grasp at when all straws are banned?

No. He still can't reconcile how Trump endangered the Ukraine -- by arming them, supplying them, killing Russian soldiers and changing the ROE to better protect US personnel and our allies in all theaters -- but Obama didn't when he stirred up the coup in the first place that allowed Russia to enter the Ukraine, refused to arm them or support them with anything more than blankets, and assured that the US military was unable to defend itself or its allies against aggressors. 

Bob had no problem with that policy -- until he was programmed, like the good little lick spittle that he is -- to care about "RUSSIA!". Of course, the very same people that programmed him to care, programmed him not to care for the past 8 years ("The 80s called, and want your foreign policy back"). 

See, Bob isn't a big thinker. He's not even a small thinker. He's not a thinker at all. He's a regurgitator of partisan talking points, and he thinks when he shares them with the world he's signaling that he's one of the good guys. 

He's wrong. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Let's have the trial.  It'll be quite different from the dem sham proceedings.  It'll be fact based like a real trial without a bunch of hearsay and feelings.

Here it is for the left...

Feelings, nothing more than feelings
Trying to forget my feelings of love
Teardrops rolling down on my face
Trying to forget my feelings of love
Feelings, for all my life I'll feel it
I wish I've never met you, girl (Hillary)
You'll never come again
Feelings, wo oh oh feelings
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Plausible defense positions have been staked out.  Does it bother you in any way that there is not a unified story to defend Trump?  I mean, either he didn't do it or he did it .... or he did it but it was fine or he did it and it was wrong but not impeachable or the economy is good so just drop it.  Where are you on the spectrum?   Are you concerned at all about future presidential powers or future elections if these actions are true and deemed just fine?

Shouldn't the truth be of some concern rather than just throwing up enough crap to confuse the issue?  I often view your goal as defending rather than trying to determine the truth.  If you had to choose, which is more important to you personally, getting Trump off or determining the truth

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

oh for *****'s sake... only someone completely disconnected from reality would think it is ok to NOT investigate the Obama administration for corruption, but a-ok to investigate the Trump administration for anything and everything.

I have no idea why people keep arguing about this. If you were all for checking into the Trump campaign for 2016 foreign election "interference", you should be on board with investigating the Obama administration for 2016 election interference, 2008-2016 money laundering, graft, etc.  

Obama refused lethal aid to Ukraine for over two years and....................................crickets. Trump holds up lethal aid to Ukraine for 55 days in order to fulfill his legal duties and the Left wants to kick him out of office. 

Who told Medvedev that he would have more flexibility after his reelection?  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

Plausible defense positions have been staked out.  Does it bother you in any way that there is not a unified story to defend Trump?

No one is defending Trump -- something you still don't get. And because you don't understand that, you're framing the question entirely wrong and making yourself look like an even bigger asshat than you already are. 

Only a partisan uses a phrase like "unified story to defend X". 

Your actual bias is showing Bob. You're not interested in truth. You're not interested in justice or rule of law. You're interested in your sides' "story". 

Because you're an NPC, waiting to be programmed rather than thinking for yourself. 

Shouldn't the truth be of some concern rather than just throwing up enough crap to confuse the issue? 

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

You just admitted that you don't want the truth. You want a "unified story" people can agree to. 

Bob, your faulty cognitive abilities are on display for all to see. You should work to be better about hiding those deficiencies in your thinking. 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Obama refused lethal aid to Ukraine for over two years and....................................crickets. Trump holds up lethal aid to Ukraine for 55 days in order to fulfill his legal duties and the Left wants to kick him out of office. 

Why bring reason and logic into this? 

Bob just made it clear he cares about a unified story -- not reason, logic, or facts. He wants a narrative that all can agree to so he can feel secure in his group think mentality. 

He's a weak minded person, who has no courage or ability to think for himself. 

The impeachment will be bipartisan in the votes against, not for it. 

Does that worry Bob at all about setting a precedent for congressional abuse of power? Where's his outrage there? 

Right... he hasn't been programmed to care about that. Like people who supported Reid's ill fated filibuster decision.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Why bring reason and logic into this? 

Bob just made it clear he cares about a unified story -- not reason, logic, or facts. He wants a narrative that all can agree to so he can feel secure in his group think mentality. 

He's a weak minded person, who has no courage or ability to think for himself. 

You're just hounding him! You're preventing him from spewing his nonsense to other people by disputing what he posts. You also made him get so mad that he dropped his roach clip down the drain!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

I understand why Trump lies defending himself.  He is guilty and needs to deny his actions in order to avoid impeachment.

I understand why the Republican Senators and Congressmen lie defending Trump.  The Trump supporters will work to defeat them in their next election if they oppose him.

I understand why the right leaning media lies to defend Trump.  They are trying to mold public opinion to maintain Trump voter support as well as to bump their ratings.

I don't understand the reasoning behind why folks in message board discussions lie to defend Trump.  Why do you folks repeat lies in these discussions just to deflect or to avoid admitting obvious points? 

Now, if you honestly don't know you are repeating lies that is one matter and of course is understandable.   I am asking those in these conversations that just lie and throw out chaff to avoid answering 'incriminating' questions, what are you gaining in exchange for compromising your personal integrity?

Preaching to the irredeemables, this is some second level Jimmy Lee Swaggart evagelicizing Bobby!  You must be from Southern Michigan. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The Ukraine calls have nothing to do with anything impeachable. The second call appears to be a warning shot of what is to come.  ;)   When you have  a ***** ton of people on a telephone call that is being recorded and transcribed, you can send a message - and I do not think the message was meant for the Ukrainians.

• Like (+1) 6

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

You appear to be glitching. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You're just hounding him! You're preventing him from spewing his nonsense to other people by disputing what he posts. You also made him get so mad that he dropped his roach clip down the drain!

Yeah, hilarious.  You are one of the funniest posters here.  Mission accomplished?   Now answer my questions please.

Does it bother you that the truth does not come into play when defending Trump?  If the truth was being told by his defenders they would all have the same story....actually what happened.  Instead we see a take-your-pick defense position. 

And again, if you had to choose, would you choose defending Trump or determining the truth?

As always:  Ignoring serial insulters DR and DCTom

Edited by Bob in Mich
  • Haha (+1) 1

Now answer my questions please.

"WHERE ARE THE TAPES?!!"

Does it bother you that the truth does not come into play when defending Trump? 

Dishonest question, improperly framing the discussion -- because you're an NPC who is not thinking for himself, but regurgitating (incorrectly) things others have said.

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

If the truth was being told by his defenders they would all have the same story....actually what happened.  Instead we see a take-your-pick defense position. 

You mean like how everyone's story matched so perfectly on the Trump/Russia collusion story you believe still to this day? The story that changed every day, shifted massively over the course of three years, and was eventually disproven by not one or two but THREE federal investigations? LIKE THAT? 

You still believe that one, Bob. So what does that say about you? 

And again, if you had to choose, would you choose defending Trump or determining the truth?

You've demonstrated that you will defend to the death proven liars and manipulators, so you don't have any leg to stand on asking for truth Bob. You actively work to lie to yourself, not enlighten yourself. 

Because you're an asshat.

1 minute ago, Bob in Mich said:

Yeah, hilarious.  You are one of the funniest posters here.  Mission accomplished?   Now answer my questions please.

Does it bother you that the truth does not come into play when defending Trump?  If the truth was being told by his defenders they would all have the same story....actually what happened.  Instead we see a take-your-pick defense position. 

I know that we on the right or those that call ourselves independent don't have a Pelosi to direct our thought processes, but I guess we aren't lucky enough to be ruled by thought police. It just so happens that most here realize that there are numerous different reasons that Trump didn't do anything that approaches reasonable impeachment. That happens when people think for themselves. 

I have determined, with the information available that the truth is that Trump is not guilty of any impeachable offense. If that information were to change I might change my mind. 

Why hasn't pot cured TDS?

13 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

As always:  Ignoring serial insulters DR and DCTom

So much so you have to edit your post to point it out after getting intellectually pummeled for an hour. :lol: 

Never change that dishonest streak in you, Bob. It's all you got left since you let your integrity, common sense, and reason go.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

So much so you have to edit your post to point it out after getting intellectually pummeled for an hour. :lol: 

Never change that dishonest streak in you, Bob. It's all you got left since you let your integrity, common sense, and reason go.

He pays us an awful lot of attention for ignoring us.  Weird...must be a stoner thing.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

I understand why Trump lies defending himself.  He is guilty and needs to deny his actions in order to avoid impeachment.

I understand why the Republican Senators and Congressmen lie defending Trump.  The Trump supporters will work to defeat them in their next election if they oppose him.

I understand why the right leaning media lies to defend Trump.  They are trying to mold public opinion to maintain Trump voter support as well as to bump their ratings.

I don't understand the reasoning behind why folks in message board discussions lie to defend Trump.  Why do you folks repeat lies in these discussions just to deflect or to avoid admitting obvious points? 

Now, if you honestly don't know you are repeating lies that is one matter and of course is understandable.   I am asking those in these conversations that just lie and throw out chaff to avoid answering 'incriminating' questions, what are you gaining in exchange for compromising your personal integrity?

I think you've been drinking the bong water again.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Don’t you understand human nature? If you don’t punish someone for cheating, they do it again. 

Trump got away with Russia conspiracy, so he moved on to this abuse of power, which is a crime in progress

What I understand is that you are F***in nuts.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/5/2019 at 10:24 AM, RochesterRob said:

It's quite obvious that the Dems are trying to live out some kind of Salem Witch Trial type fantasy where people can be condemned based on whim or preference (lack of).  I guess that they fell asleep during class when the discussion turned to how indiscriminate the process turned out to be.  Can't wait for Pelosi to be tied to the dunking chair and then told "if guilty you will just use your witchcraft to escape drowning and if you drown your status as a good Christian will be confirmed).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

If the truth was being told by his defenders they would all have the same story....actually what happened.  Instead we see a take-your-pick defense position. 

Where is Bob on this shifting story? Does it bother him? Is it a sign that they're lying? Or does that logic only apply to Trump? 

Reason 1,084 why Bob is an asshat.

43 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I know that we on the right or those that call ourselves independent don't have a Pelosi to direct our thought processes, but I guess we aren't lucky enough to be ruled by thought police. It just so happens that most here realize that there are numerous different reasons that Trump didn't do anything that approaches reasonable impeachment. That happens when people think for themselves. 

I have determined, with the information available that the truth is that Trump is not guilty of any impeachable offense. If that information were to change I might change my mind. 

Why hasn't pot cured TDS?

Look, the Sabres played Calgary last night.  While there may be different takes on various facets of the game, no one is giving a score other than 4-3.  There is an actual truth.  4-3 Calgary win.  Do you know the actual truth with Trump's Ukraine interaction? 

All people, even the most independent thinking people should agree on the truth.  My point is that Trump's defenders don't even know the truth, nor do they seem to care.  If you are concerned with the truth and not just a defensible position, not knowing the truth while continuing to defend him should grate on your conscience imo.

• Haha (+1) 1