The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

Just now, Foxx said:

it would appear that they have 3 more members.

(but she won the popular vote?)

i looked it up but couldn't find that the ruling Party gets any perk except the Chair, and the minority party the Ranking Member

seems like the important ones have the majority party holding the majority seats, the Senate Judicial being a vital one

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

i looked it up but couldn't find that the ruling Party gets any perk except the Chair, and the minority party the Ranking Member

seems like the important ones have the majority party holding the majority seats, the Senate Judicial being a vital one

I believe it's a percentage based on the amount of members on each side.

Maybe we can agree that the only mistake Trump really made with Ukraine was not limiting Zelensky to a 6 hour window in which to comply with his request.  Had Trump done that, aid would have flowed immediately and by now an investigation would have yielded info. Even the left could agree with that, right? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, keepthefaith said:

Maybe we can agree that the only mistake Trump really made with Ukraine was not limiting Zelensky to a 6 hour window in which to comply with his request.  Had Trump done that, aid would have flowed immediately and by now an investigation would have yielded info. Even the left could agree with that, right? 

i don't think anything would make them like Trump

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

looking back, it would appear that the majority always has 4 more members (currently 3 because Jordan has been added?) on the Intelligence Committee. previously when Repubs held the majority during the 114th and 115th Congress, they had the same advantage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

looking back, it would appear that the majority always has 4 more members (currently 3 because Jordan has been added?) on the Intelligence Committee. previously when Repubs held the majority during the 114th and 115th Congress, they had the same advantage.

always seems stacked against the party defending itself in a hearing

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, KRC said:

ive actually said this a number of times. What’s really funny about the last year is it show how truly worthless And unnecessary the federal government and bureaucracy is. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

i don't think anything would make them like Trump

I know you know this... this is for the cheap seats: 

Trump is IRRELEVANT to most people in this conversation. It's not about one president or another. It's about the rule of law -- specifically if we want to live in a nation where we have merely the ILLUSION of a republic, but are in fact ruled over by a group of unelected intelligence and foreign service personnel whose loyalties do not align with that of the people. 

One side is FINE with living in an illusion. That's GarBoTibs of the board. They have NO problem with doing "whatever it takes" to get rid of Trump, because they've been programmed to be more emotional than rational. They believe he's a NAZI -- and anything is justified when you're fighting Nazis, even subverting the rule of law...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Foxx said:

thanks to you and @Buffalo_Gal for the help in sussing this out.

:beer:

when wiki can't make me a 2-second expert, it makes me sad

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I know you know this... this is for the cheap seats: 

Trump is IRRELEVANT to most people in this conversation. It's not about one president or another. It's about the rule of law -- specifically if we want to live in a nation where we have merely the ILLUSION of a republic, but are in fact ruled over by a group of unelected intelligence and foreign service personnel whose loyalties do not align with that of the people. 

One side is FINE with living in an illusion. That's GarBoTibs of the board. They have NO problem with doing "whatever it takes" to get rid of Trump, because they've been programmed to be more emotional than rational. They believe he's a NAZI -- and anything is justified when you're fighting Nazis, even subverting the rule of law...

i really think this is all about Trump, they hate him so much.... it's hillary-ious

the hate has grown from Nixon to Reagan to W to Trump exponentially

wait till Donald Jr takes over

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:
1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

c-span has a burp during the exchange (Conaway from Texas (R) pointed it out) about the D congressman calling for a boycott of Sondland's hotel in Oregon as a way to intimidate him into testifying "correctly".  Who was the Democratic congressman that called for the boycott? 

Earl Blumenauer

https://thinkingoregon.org/2018/02/06/earl-blumenauer-from-man-of-the-people-to-multi-millionaire/

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2