The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

2 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Yes it sounds to me like you are looking to force fit a law to fit what you believe to have taken place. A meeting does not have any value, and to think using a meeting as a tool to extort a foreign country is a joke

I'm not forcing anything. There is plenty you can read online to educate yourself on the issue. 

The meeting isn't the issue. The issue is the investigation into a political rival.

Trump extorted an ally at war with a US enemy to benefit himself politically. Laws were clearly broken, even if you don't agree with them. 

Edited by jrober38

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

I'm not forcing anything. There is plenty you can read online to educate yourself on the issue. 

The meeting isn't the issue. The issue is the investigation into a political rival.

Trump extorted an ally at war with a US enemy to benefit himself politically. Laws were clearly broken, even if you don't agree with them. 

wrong again. 

investigating corruption is permissible and expected, especially when it’s someone so high up in US government as Joe Biden. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

The only thing confirmed by Sondland in regards to a this for that was the meeting for announcement. That does not come close to extortion. The investigation aspect has to do with corruption, and was something that was brought up before Biden declared he was running, this is not new.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Unable to think for myself? I'm just looking at the testimony that's been given by witnesses under oath. 

Trump extorted a foreign government for his political gain domestically. In doing so he broke federal campaign finance laws. 

All of that is obvious at this point.

No, you're actually looking at the reports of the testimony.  If you were looking at the testimony, you see it wasn't nearly this unambiguous.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Waiting on the actual indictment -- will be interesting reading.

Which bottom tier Dem candidate is going to hammer Biden with this tonight?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Joe said:

But isn't this investigation now illegal because Trump asked for an investigation?

Asking for a friend.

Yes, Hunter Biden is retroactively entering the 2020 race, so off limits.  You absolutely cannot investigate potential political opponents for their alleged past misdeeds, but you can indeed plan to "investigate" them in the future in case they win (insurance policy).

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Which bottom tier Dem candidate is going to hammer Biden with this tonight?

none. their polling will have shown them that it is not a good thing for a Dem. that or the DNC will have prohibited it.