Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Allen2Moulds

100% problem with the Deep Ball this year.

Recommended Posts

Allen needs to practice the deep pass a lot this off season . Daboll has him too rattled for throwing picks.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ALF said:

Allen needs to practice the deep pass a lot this off season . Daboll has him too rattled for throwing picks.

Right, it's Daboll's fault.

 

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I hope the team is nowhere near as patient as you seem to be.

 

We will know everything we need to know about Josh Allen at the end of this season, assuming he plays all the games and stays healthy.

 

No reason to piss away a 3rd season with him as the QB.

 

 

 

Wow 6-3 and we're pissing away a season.

 

Yes Josh has ways to improve .. but Josh has also led many a 4th Quarter comeback .. I will take that all day long.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jrober38 said:

 

You're assuming Allen threw it to the right spot.

 

I think you're wrong, because it doesn't make any sense. 

 

I assume McKenzie knows where to look for the ball. It's probably a play they've practiced numerous times so why would he not know where to look? He's literally wide open.

 

There is no explanation that makes any sense at all that says a wide open receiver just happened to look for the ball in the wrong spot.

 

On the flip side, our QB who literally hasn't completed a pass that's gone more than 30 yards in the air, and is known for accuracy problems, seems like a much more likely candidate to be the one who screwed things up.

 

The QB who struggles to throw deep everytime he throws deep, struggles on this play, and your reaction is to blame the wide open wide receiver?

 

Sureee........

Jblabber...long time no see. 
 

How is Jameis Winston doing?  You know...the guy you claimed as can’t miss.  I don’t trust anything you have to say about quarterbacks. 
 

Allen will almost 100% get next year. Period. They will add playmakers and allow him to grow with them. The line is still not that good. We dont have a WR that can win 50:50 balls and that’s messing with Allen’s confidence. If your guy Winston can get his entire rookie deal then Allen can too.

34 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

 

Wow 6-3 and we're pissing away a season.

 

Yes Josh has ways to improve .. but Josh has also led many a 4th Quarter comeback .. I will take that all day long.

No one cares about the wins or the 4th quarter comebacks. All anyone cares about is 300 yard games and a deep ball. Where have you been?  It’s so ridiculous. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Jblabber...long time no see. 
 

How is Jameis Winston doing?  You know...the guy you claimed as can’t miss.  I don’t trust anything you have to say about quarterbacks. 
 

Allen will almost 100% get next year. Period. They will add playmakers and allow him to grow with them. The line is still not that good. We dont have a WR that can win 50:50 balls and that’s messing with Allen’s confidence. If your guy Winston can get his entire rookie deal then Allen can too.

No one cares about the wins or the 4th quarter comebacks. All anyone cares about is 300 yard games and a deep ball. Where have you been?  It’s so ridiculous. 

Bingo.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coaching and somebody telling Josh to throw the high arcing float balls. Let him throw the lazer shots. Like Mahomes. Advice from others who didnt have the arm strength to rip it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I'm talking just about this play in particular. So seeing as how you've posited that the pass should have been delivered '10-15 yards closer to the sideline' and also somehow that McKenzie is doing his job by looking for the ball before Allen even looks his way...I think we're done here tbh.

 

I realize what you're talking about, but what you're saying doesn't make any sense.

 

There is no explanation for why McKenzie would look for the ball over the wrong shoulder unless he was coached to look for the ball there. 

 

Also our QB is terrible throwing the ball downfield. Why is he being given the benefit of the doubt here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

 

I realize what you're talking about, but what you're saying doesn't make any sense.

 

There is no explanation for why McKenzie would look for the ball over the wrong shoulder unless he was coached to look for the ball there. 

 

Also our QB is terrible throwing the ball downfield. Why is he being given the benefit of the doubt here?

Too bad we don’t have Winston, huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

Jblabber...long time no see. 
 

How is Jameis Winston doing?  You know...the guy you claimed as can’t miss.  I don’t trust anything you have to say about quarterbacks. 
 

Allen will almost 100% get next year. Period. They will add playmakers and allow him to grow with them. The line is still not that good. We dont have a WR that can win 50:50 balls and that’s messing with Allen’s confidence. If your guy Winston can get his entire rookie deal then Allen can too.

No one cares about the wins or the 4th quarter comebacks. All anyone cares about is 300 yard games and a deep ball. Where have you been?  It’s so ridiculous. 

 

I care about our QB not being ranked as one of the worst starting players in the league.

 

Also, who are you? Am I supposed to remember you? Because I don't. 

 

You must have been someone who thought one of EJ Manuel or JP Losman was a good player. Those are typically the most butt hurt people with an axe to grind who follow me around from the old Bills message board. 

Edited by jrober38

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

 

I care about our QB not being ranked as one of the worst starting players in the league.

 

Also, who are you? Am I supposed to remember you? Because I don't. 

 

You must have been someone who thought one of EJ Manuel or JP Losman was a good player. Those are typically the most butt hurt people with an axe to grind who follow me around from the old Bills message board. 

Ah yes...jblibbity and his precious metrics. Here’s a metric for you to chew on...Allen is one of the highest rated 4th quarter qbs in the entire league and leads the league this year in comebacks. He has a clutch gene that few have. The staff is handcuffing him by making him afraid to let it rip for three quarters but when he has to, he comes through. 
 

Im waiting on you to defend your rants about how great Winston would be. You basically said that year that we should trade our entire draft to move up to number one to get him. As now that he sucks, he’s still gotten his entire rookie contract, which is exactly what Allen will get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Ah yes...jblibbity and his precious metrics. Here’s a metric for you to chew on...Allen is one of the highest rated 4th quarter qbs in the entire league and leads the league this year in comebacks. He has a clutch gene that few have. The staff is handcuffing him by making him afraid to let it rip for three quarters but when he has to, he comes through. 
 

Im waiting on you to defend your rants about how great Winston would be. You basically said that year that we should trade our entire draft to move up to number one to get him. As now that he sucks, he’s still gotten his entire rookie contract, which is exactly what Allen will get. 

 

You sound exactly like oldmanfan whatever his name is.

 

Is it allowed to have multiple accounts on here?

 

Winston isn't good. He makes too many mistakes but he's also shown an ability to score points, something our QB doesn't do. 

 

Allen is one of the worst QBs in the league by every way you can analyze a QB. He's played well in the 4th quarter against some of the worst teams in the NFL. Those games never should have been close, but they were because he couldn't score points in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd quarters because he's such an inefficient passer. When he's played anyone decent, we almost always lose. 

 

The schedule is about to get harder. Allen needs to play a heck of a lot better or else the Bills might limp to 8-8 and his seat will be extremely warm heading into the offseason.  

 

It's great you love Allen. I don't get it. I don't see any signs that he's a guy who will ever be considered a top 10 QB in the league which is what we should be looking for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

 

You sound exactly like oldmanfan whatever his name is.

 

Is it allowed to have multiple accounts on here?

 

Winston isn't good. He makes too many mistakes but he's also shown an ability to score points, something our QB doesn't do. 

 

Allen is one of the worst QBs in the league by every way you can analyze a QB. He's played well in the 4th quarter against some of the worst teams in the NFL. Those games never should have been close, but they were because he couldn't score points in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd quarters because he's such an inefficient passer. When he's played anyone decent, we almost always lose. 

 

The schedule is about to get harder. Allen needs to play a heck of a lot better or else the Bills might limp to 8-8 and his seat will be extremely warm heading into the offseason.  

 

It's great you love Allen. I don't get it. I don't see any signs that he's a guy who will ever be considered a top 10 QB in the league which is what we should be looking for. 

If he can be somewhere between 10-16 it will be good enough. Do you realize how hard it is to find a top ten QB?  He certainly has the ability, and time will tell if he reaches his enormous potential. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whorlnut said:

If he can be somewhere between 10-16 it will be good enough. Do you realize how hard it is to find a top ten QB?  He certainly has the ability, and time will tell if he reaches his enormous potential. 

 

Yeah, I realize it.

 

I also realize it's practically impossible to win a super bowl without a top 10 guy.

 

Are we happy making the playoffs as a wildcard or are we trying to actually win championships? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

 

Yeah, I realize it.

 

I also realize it's practically impossible to win a super bowl without a top 10 guy.

 

Are we happy making the playoffs as a wildcard or are we trying to actually win championships? 

I want a SB. And I’m saying Allen has a VERY good chance to put it all together. You are kidding yourself if you think he has all the ammo to make it happen right now. Brown is a very good receiver and Beasley is good in the slot. Dawkins is meh...Ford has a ways to go...and Morse is good. Other than that, together could use upgrades everywhere on offense. Singletary might make it with the right scheme but that’s it. 
 

this off-season will be HUGE. They need to go offense heavy with their premium picks. The WR class is the best in years. A guy like Tee Higgins or CeeDee Lamb can take this offense to the next level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I want a SB. And I’m saying Allen has a VERY good chance to put it all together. You are kidding yourself if you think he has all the ammo to make it happen right now. Brown is a very good receiver and Beasley is good in the slot. Dawkins is meh...Ford has a ways to go...and Morse is good. Other than that, together could use upgrades everywhere on offense. Singletary might make it with the right scheme but that’s it. 
 

this off-season will be HUGE. They need to go offense heavy with their premium picks. The WR class is the best in years. A guy like Tee Higgins or CeeDee Lamb can take this offense to the next level. 

 

I don't see it.

 

I see a guy who is near the bottom of the NFL in practically every passing category despite playing pretty much every horrible defense the NFL has this year. 

 

Defensive scoring ranks, PPG: New England (1st), Tennessee (9th), Philly (18th), Washington (20th), Cleveland (21st), Jets (25th), Bengals (28th), Giants (30th), Dolphins (31st).

 

We should not be struggling so badly to score points. He's played mostly garbage opponents and the results have been terrible relative to his peers. 

 

As this thread is about, Allen is a horrible deep passer. His passes often land no where near his intended target, and having better players isn't going to change that because the passes aren't catchable already. 

 

I like your optimism, but I see Allen as being one of the worst starting QBs in the league. Upcoming defenses are: Miami (31st), Denver (T6th), Dallas (T6th), Pittsburgh (10th), Baltimore (13th), New England (1st), Jets (25th). 

 

This thing could go south in a hurry between weeks 12 to 16 when he faces all above average to very good defensive opponents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

 

You sound exactly like oldmanfan whatever his name is.

 

Is it allowed to have multiple accounts on here?

 

Winston isn't good. He makes too many mistakes but he's also shown an ability to score points, something our QB doesn't do. 

 

Allen is one of the worst QBs in the league by every way you can analyze a QB. He's played well in the 4th quarter against some of the worst teams in the NFL. Those games never should have been close, but they were because he couldn't score points in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd quarters because he's such an inefficient passer. When he's played anyone decent, we almost always lose. 

 

The schedule is about to get harder. Allen needs to play a heck of a lot better or else the Bills might limp to 8-8 and his seat will be extremely warm heading into the offseason.  

 

It's great you love Allen. I don't get it. I don't see any signs that he's a guy who will ever be considered a top 10 QB in the league which is what we should be looking for. 

Here I am.  You have no credibility judging Qbs given your Winston thing.  You come off as being an expert, yet you have never to my knowledge informed anyone here if you have a history as a football coach, have a history as a Qb, etc.  Thus your opinion is no better (or worse ) than any one else around here, other than the glaring miss on Winston.  Why don't you just simply say you screwed up on Winston?

 

Allen needs to continue improving.  Not one person argues that point.  As he continues progressing and learning he should get better.  What I say is this:  any young QB that can have as many good fourth quarter comebacks as he has (as yes, if he plays better the first three quarters it may not be as necessary) is worth continuing to develop.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Here I am.  You have no credibility judging Qbs given your Winston thing.  You come off as being an expert, yet you have never to my knowledge informed anyone here if you have a history as a football coach, have a history as a Qb, etc.  Thus your opinion is no better (or worse ) than any one else around here, other than the glaring miss on Winston.  Why don't you just simply say you screwed up on Winston?

 

Allen needs to continue improving.  Not one person argues that point.  As he continues progressing and learning he should get better.  What I say is this:  any young QB that can have as many good fourth quarter comebacks as he has (as yes, if he plays better the first three quarters it may not be as necessary) is worth continuing to develop.

 

Allen needs to start playing well against good teams.

 

Leading 4th quarter comebacks over the 25th, 28th, 31st and 9th (their kicked missed 3 field goals) ranked defenses is nice, but not really meaningful. 

 

Aside from the Titans, those games never should have been close in the first place. 

 

Weeks 12-16 he plays the T6th, T6th, 10th, 13th and 1st ranked defenses. 

 

That stretch will be his test. If he fails miserably against good opponents his seat should begin to warm up. 

Edited by jrober38

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

 

I don't see it.

 

I see a guy who is near the bottom of the NFL in practically every passing category despite playing pretty much every horrible defense the NFL has this year. 

 

Defensive scoring ranks, PPG: New England (1st), Tennessee (9th), Philly (18th), Washington (20th), Cleveland (21st), Jets (25th), Bengals (28th), Giants (30th), Dolphins (31st).

 

We should not be struggling so badly to score points. He's played mostly garbage opponents and the results have been terrible relative to his peers. 

 

As this thread is about, Allen is a horrible deep passer. His passes often land no where near his intended target, and having better players isn't going to change that because the passes aren't catchable already. 

 

I like your optimism, but I see Allen as being one of the worst starting QBs in the league. Upcoming defenses are: Miami (31st), Denver (T6th), Dallas (T6th), Pittsburgh (10th), Baltimore (13th), New England (1st), Jets (25th). 

 

This thing could go south in a hurry between weeks 12 to 16 when he faces all above average to very good defensive opponents. 

If Allen has a receiver that can fight for 50/50 balls, I’d bet the farm that he wouldn’t overthrow as much. He’s overthrowing because he knows he has small receivers that won’t win if the ball is slightly under thrown. Go get a Tee Higgins and watch how he progresses. 

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

 

Allen needs to start playing well against good teams.

 

Leading 4th quarter comebacks over the 25th, 28th, 31st and 9th (their kicked missed 3 field goals) ranked defenses is nice, but not really meaningful. 

 

Aside from the Titans, those games never should have been close in the first place. 

 

Weeks 12-16 he plays the T6th, T6th, 10th, 13th and 1st ranked defenses. 

 

That stretch will be his test. If he fails miserably against good opponents his seat should begin to warm up. 

I can’t see him going anywhere anytime soon. He will get next year and maybe even more beyond that. The pegulas love Beane and McD and their vision. Allen is their guy. They will build through the draft and get him viable offensive weapons. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

If Allen has a receiver that can fight for 50/50 balls, I’d bet the farm that he wouldn’t overthrow as much. He’s overthrowing because he knows he has small receivers that won’t win if the ball is slightly under thrown. Go get a Tee Higgins and watch how he progresses. 

 

This is all hypothetical.

 

I can understand missing a guy by 2 yards and them having to stretch for balls because the window is small, but we're talking about a QB who is regularly missing deep throws by literally 5-8 yards which suggests he's completely missing. 

 

A guy like Tee Higgins would help because he's a good player, but ultimately I don't think he makes Allen any more accurate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jrober38 said:

 

This is all hypothetical.

 

I can understand missing a guy by 2 yards and them having to stretch for balls because the window is small, but we're talking about a QB who is regularly missing deep throws by literally 5-8 yards which suggests he's completely missing. 

 

A guy like Tee Higgins would help because he's a good player, but ultimately I don't think he makes Allen any more accurate. 

You’re missing the point. The point is he is overthrowing because he knows he has to throw the ball out in front of these guys. His timing is off. It needs more practice. I’m convinced the focus this past offseason was the short to intermediate stuff, which he improved immensely. This next offseason he will work on timing on the deep stuff with his receivers. 
 

A guy like Higgins who fights for the jump ball will allow Allen the confidence to put the ball on him more than throw it out in front. This should result in more deep completions. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

You’re missing the point. The point is he is overthrowing because he knows he has to throw the ball out in front of these guys. His timing is off. It needs more practice. I’m convinced the focus this past offseason was the short to intermediate stuff, which he improved immensely. This next offseason he will work on timing on the deep stuff with his receivers. 
 

A guy like Higgins who fights for the jump ball will allow Allen the confidence to put the ball on him more than throw it out in front. This should result in more deep completions. 

 

I'm not missing the point. You're just guessing.

 

You don't know if Allen is consciously trying to do that or if he's missing by that margin because he's just not putting the ball where he intends for it to go.

 

Allen has missed wide open receivers on deep throws this year when the window was enormous. It's not like the players have been blanketed; he's missed John Brown, Foster and McKenzie when they've been wide open running down the field with 2 full yards of separation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

 

I'm not missing the point. You're just guessing.

 

You don't know if Allen is consciously trying to do that or if he's missing by that margin because he's just not putting the ball where he intends for it to go.

 

Allen has missed wide open receivers on deep throws this year when the window was enormous. It's not like the players have been blanketed; he's missed John Brown, Foster and McKenzie when they've been wide open running down the field with 2 full yards of separation. 

And you don’t know that he isn’t. The point is we won’t know until he has that type of receiver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

And you don’t know that he isn’t. The point is we won’t know until he has that type of receiver. 

 

Again, he's missing wide open targets.

 

If he's intentionally putting the ball into a small window and overthrowing guys by choice, then you're saying he can't read what an open vs covered receiver looks like.

 

Guys are running free and he's missing them so badly they can't get a hand on the football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jrober38 said:

 

Agreed.

 

If Allen is still near the bottom of the league in QB Rating at the end of the season we should cut bait on him.

 

The history of guys who struggled like Allen who went on to become successful after two years is few and far between. 

 

We won't do it, and everyone will go down with the ship next year. 

 

Nice of you to stop in.

 

I've noticed that you've been active on the board after 3 specific games this season.

 

I wonder if there's a contributing factor as to which games you decide to post about.

 

Just thinking aloud. I'm sure there's no really, really obvious and agenda-driven pattern.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...