100% problem with the Deep Ball this year.

Allen2Moulds

56 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

You don't see dime defenses till you do. 

Agreed. And then that opens your run game. 

The Patriots offense with two TEs and two WR that can line up anywhere is the way to go. A TE that can get deep on a LB or a RB  that can split wide. You win with your 11 best players on the field, not a FB and your fifth WR. Plenty of ways to spread them out and throw deep.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

I have been as critical of Allen as anybody but that won’t nor should it happen. He’s the guy for the season and should be the guy heading into next season. 

I do think we should see what Andy Daltons cost is next year. If we can do 2 years at 10-12 per, I pull the trigger and Allen gets 4-6 games to show he’s the guy in 2020. If we get 6 games of this production next year, I pull the plug and save the season. Dalton finishes the year and is around as a vet presence for the next draft pick. 

McBeane has done some things well and somethings poorly. I don’t want to start over AGAIN. But they need to have an immediate back up plan for 2020. They can’t do this again for a 4th year, then be a square one at QB in year 5, and expect to keep their jobs.

Their jobs are dependent on either getting very good production out of Allen or having a replacement plan ready and waiting. 

River and Burr, LOL!

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/2018-19-deep-ball-project

You can also look at NFL.com last years stats.  He has 5 completions of 40+

Doesn't include run after the catch.

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Agreed. And then that opens your run game. 

The Patriots offense with two TEs and two WR that can line up anywhere is the way to go. A TE that can get deep on a LB or a RB  that can split wide. You win with your 11 best players on the field, not a FB and your fifth WR. Plenty of ways to spread them out and throw deep.

Just keep Lee off the filed please!

• Thank you (+1) 1

that long ball stat is atrocious.

Just watch Russell Wilson tonight. If he throws a bomb it will be high arcing trajectory. He often gives his guys a nice chance to adjust and run underneath the pass. Josh throws more line drives and there’s no margin for error. He just heaves it with no Plan.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

No matter how bad he is people on this board will make every excuse for him. The receivers can’t get separation, it’s the Line, it’s Daboll, it’s Mcd, etc. 

this is a bad qb who we need to move on from. 

Bad is taking it too far, that is EJ Manual or Losman bad. Both could throw long. Josh's problem is he ONLY Gun Slings, even throwing short. Guys drop balls in their hands. Josh has a winning record this year and I believe overall. My only problem with Josh is he is 6-3 now and not ready to be 11-5 or 12-4. More like 9-7 or 10-6 if lucky.

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Just watch Russell Wilson tonight. If he throws a bomb it will be high arcing trajectory. He often gives his guys a nice chance to adjust and run underneath the pass. Josh throws more line drives and there’s no margin for error. He just heaves it with no Plan.

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Glad some people get it!

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

If the coaches were truly brain washing him he’d have a lot better ball security when running.

The fact of the matter is Josh Allen is a inaccurate thrower. No more needs to be said. To blame it on the coaching staff is freaking ridiculous.

LMAO. He’s improved his accuracy from last year, he’s cut down his interceptions the past few games. Doesn’t matter what he does on the field, the minute he starts cleaning up one thing you’ll move onto the next. You already got your mind made up on him, it ain’t changing

6 hours ago, Mark80 said:

I honestly wonder if it is all his fault.  Some receivers seem to be letting up and then the ball sails over them.  I wonder if they are just not used to seeing that kind of throw and are not tracking it well.  Now, obviously I am not an NFL receiver, but I have had the opportunity to (try) and catch a ball from someone with an absolute rocket of an arm.  Like, ability to throw it over 60 yards kind of rocket.  It was extremely difficult to track when it was a long pass.  It just kept going and going and going.  Now, imagine it was from one of the best arms in the NFL.  Not even these receivers are used to seeing throws like this.  I seriously wonder if his arm is too big sometimes and making it difficult on the WRs and TEs too (like Knox's drop yesterday right through his hands).

If we could just hit 33-50% of those open deep balls then no one would be complaining about our offensive performances.  They are the difference IMO.

Obviously, some throws are also just completely over thrown, but that not be the whole story. 

Josh Allen, what would you say is your greatest weakness?

"Well, I guess my arm is ...TOO powerful"

It's like having a hog that's way too big — sure, it looks good on camera, but not all women are gonna enjoy a bruised cervix. Josh's gotta learn to throw with just the tip... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Q: can you be playing “mistake-free” when you cough up the ball but your lineman bails you out? Did Feliciano prevent the mistake or just the bad consequences of the mistake???

If that was one of our defenders swatting that ball out, would you consider it a great play by the defender or just bad handling by the QB.  Allen has had his problems holding onto the ball, but in my opinion that was a great play by the defender. He hit that ball square on the money. 

17 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

Bad is taking it too far, that is EJ Manual or Losman bad. Both could throw long. Josh's problem is he ONLY Gun Slings, even throwing short. Guys drop balls in their hands. Josh has a winning record this year and I believe overall. My only problem with Josh is he is 6-3 now and not ready to be 11-5 or 12-4. More like 9-7 or 10-6 if lucky.

What makes you think Allen is better than Manuel or Losman? Suck is suck.