Mango

Cowboys SoS- 32nd Defense- 30th Offense

IDK, I like this matchup. Its one of those games we all marked as a loss since the beginning of season. I think we go in there with nothing to lose and pull the upset. Gobble gobble! 

34 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

What do you think it will take to change that?

it wont. you'll always have the negative nancys. this team could win the superbowl and they would find a negative spin about it.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Their running game will be a problem and will probably open up the rest of their offense. Not a good matchup for us right now.

Merely an assumption, we are gonna kick cowboy azs up and down the field! Oh ye of little faith... 😁

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Bet the house on the Bills. The roof leaks anyway....

I dunno, how much do you think I could get for you?

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Thought that was interesting. 5-3 heading into MIN. I watched the last Giants game, and have to say, I was not all that impressed. 

EDIT: Since 2017, the Cowboys are 10-14 outside of the NFCE

Thats because there Dallas 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I’m not looking ahead other than to say this will be an important game for me. We’ll have 20+ people for Thanksgiving, and I hate to create The Legend of Crazy Uncle Augie. Whatever happens, I might have to live with my actions for a long, long time....

Just please have a camera set up in your living room so you can share "The Legend of Crazy Uncle Augie" with the whole class!

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

What do you think it will take to change that?

maybe you should stop worrying about 100% of the population agreeing with you on silly matters that dont matter. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

Not questioning this at all...but it is "a very tough game" for the Cowboys also, and that's my only point!

yes it is.  but it's also a tough game for the Bills.  see we can do this all day long cause it means nothing.  it's insane what gets people upset on here. 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Just please have a camera set up in your living room so you can share "The Legend of Crazy Uncle Augie" with the whole class!

I may have to collect cell phones at the door! 

Plan ahead to minimize the damage this could cause. 

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They definitely aren't.  But to expect the Bills go to in there in a shortened week and beat them on primetime - that's a tall order.  Plus they have maulers up front and that's our weakness.

My concerns as well. But first things first... They've gotta prove that a more cohesive team and organization (us) can beat a more talented team (the Browns) this weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Bet the house on the Bills. The roof leaks anyway....

If bills lose you go to a Dallas board??? If bills win? 

Im confused how this betting the  @HOUSE works. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If they are not then they should be. This has to be Garrett's last season, surely. I said it in Monday Night's game thread... no team in the NFL has A and B level talent at so many key spots as the Cowboys.

Quarterback - B

Running Back - A

Left Tackle - A

Center - B

Right Guard - A

Right Tackle - A

#1 Receiver - B

Pass rusher - A

Defensive Tackle - B

Middle Linebacker - A

Will - A

#1 Cornerback - B

If they either miss the playoffs or go 1 and done in them that is such a waste. And then they have to pay Dak and slowly but surely some of that other talent - especially oline I think - will have to be let go.

Yet the bills are still going to beat them on Thnaksgiving. 

• Like (+1) 1

What we really need is Dallas to beat New England on the Sunday before Thanksgiving which is definitely possible...as the Cowboys particularly under Jason Garrett play their worst games when people start believing in them...it’s when no one expects them to win they become very dangerous just ask the Eagles 

10 hours ago, eball said:

Not questioning this at all...but it is "a very tough game" for the Cowboys also, and that's my only point!

If on a cowboys board you might hear more chatter framed in the opposite perspective but here things tend to start “for the bills this game will be....”

But it should be a good test for both sides. Unfortunately, their teams identity meets our weakness. Which is a fair worry.

11 hours ago, Mango said:

Thought that was interesting. 5-3 heading into MIN. I watched the last Giants game, and have to say, I was not all that impressed. 

EDIT: Since 2017, the Cowboys are 10-14 outside of the NFCE

But are they the most flawed 5-3 team you have ever seen?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Didn't the Cowboys lose to the Jests ?

That is all.

On the other hand they beat the Eagles 37-14 the week before Philly ran over the Bills.

I'm still pretty worried about how this team will stack up against the Cowboys on the road.

I mean home or away we struggle against most teams, but a team with a strong O-line, top 5 RB, and very good QB seems like it'll give us serious problems, especially if we can't establish our own run game & somehow hold them to under 20 points.

The Cowboys schedule has been pretty easy like ours, but they're averaging just over 28 points a game while we're averaging 19.75. And as another board member posted earlier this week, the Bills under McDermott are 3-17 when the opponent scores 20 or more points, so that's pretty concerning. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Because they probably won’t. Dallas has a great O line and an amazing running back. What about that makes you think our defense can have a good day?

not to mention our offense has a tough time scoring. 

Washington had a very good OL and our D allowed nine points and shut down the run in the second half after they got their run fits straightened out.

It'll depend how they execute, but they've got a legit shot at having a good day for the defense.

Agreed that the offense has a tough time scoring.

23 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Washington had a very good OL and our D allowed nine points and shut down the run in the second half after they got their run fits straightened out.

It'll depend how they execute, but they've got a legit shot at having a good day for the defense.

While I’m not a Dak fan I do think he is better at this point than Haskins and the Dallas receivers are better than what Washington’s. It’s going to be a tough game. The Bills could win it. It would help the Thanksgiving meal taste a ton better. 

36 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

We didn't really get our run fits sorted as such though. We made scheme changes which have a negative impact on the pass defense. Now that was fine playing Dwayne Haskins and Paul Richardson. Will it be as fine against Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper?

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We didn't really get our run fits sorted as such though. We made scheme changes which have a negative impact on the pass defense. Now that was fine playing Dwayne Haskins and Paul Richardson. Will it be as fine against Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper?

Kind of my thought. 

Amari hasn’t really been as much a focal point this year, but Dallas has weapons for Dak to find. 

18 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Kind of my thought. 

Amari hasn’t really been as much a focal point this year, but Dallas has weapons for Dak to find. 

In 8 games he does have 700 yards and 6 touchdowns. I mean, that's pretty good.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

In 8 games he does have 700 yards and 6 touchdowns. I mean, that's pretty good.

6th in the NFL for WRs who've played 8 games.

• Like (+1) 1

Defensive matchups that bother me
 - Wallace will be against either Gallup or Randle Cobb
 - Poyer always having to lookout for Dak to run

- Milano vs. Witten
 - Edmunds vs. Frederick

None of those involve Elliott. He's really good. NFL is all about your QB and stopping the other one.

Speaking of, please please please don't let Josh Allen mess up and get a reputation of loosing it in nationally televised games. If anything ruins the Bills, it would be that. QB league.

Edited by Guest