Cowboys SoS- 32nd Defense- 30th Offense

Mango

10 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I see no doom and gloom here. the bills struggle against the run. until they don't, a back like zeke can give them trouble. nothing doom and gloom about that? you get too worked up when you see the slightest of negativity against this team.

Nah, we need to step up against their run game.  No doubt.  But they need to step up against our run game with Singletary, and so on.  Two side of the coin.

I realize we have some weaknesses.  But come on.  We won last week and to read comments around here you'd swear we got killed.  Can't  we just enjoy a victory for a change?

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Nah, we need to step up against their run game.  No doubt.  But they need to step up against our run game with Singletary, and so on.  Two side of the coin.

I realize we have some weaknesses.  But come on.  We won last week and to read comments around here you'd swear we got killed.  Can't  we just enjoy a victory for a change?

that's not going to change around here, should be used to it by now. 

34 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m not looking ahead other than to say this will be an important game for me. We’ll have 20+ people for Thanksgiving, and I hate to create The Legend of Crazy Uncle Augie. Whatever happens, I might have to live with my actions for a long, long time....

We are going to my brothers where I was told the game would be on, until I started reacting...  And, we have several relatives coming in from Boston (NE fans since 2001 <_< ) Gonna be an interesting dinner. 

Long time before Dallas and how Buffalo plays the next two weeks will better inform my opinion. 

I've penciled this game in as a loss from the first time we saw the schedule.  That said games often go different than scripted.  On paper they should run for 250 yards against us.  But it's easy to get away from the run game if you have early game struggles, the opposing team possess the ball for long periods of time, or the opposing team can get an early takeaway.  Most coaches in this league lack patience and I can see Garrett on national TV losing it if the Bills can hang around or have a lead at the half.  How many games have we all watched and afterwards say, how did Thurman only carry the ball 15 times in the SBXXV, or pick any other example.  

As always, the key will be to get Dak to throw a pick or two.  This year his TD/INT ratio is still ok but not as good as his career.  Hopefully he plays a little carelessly.  

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Their running game will be a problem and will probably open up the rest of their offense. Not a good matchup for us right now.

Merely an assumption, we are gonna kick cowboy azs up and down the field! Oh ye of little faith... ?

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I’m not looking ahead other than to say this will be an important game for me. We’ll have 20+ people for Thanksgiving, and I hate to create The Legend of Crazy Uncle Augie. Whatever happens, I might have to live with my actions for a long, long time....

Just please have a camera set up in your living room so you can share "The Legend of Crazy Uncle Augie" with the whole class!

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

What do you think it will take to change that?

maybe you should stop worrying about 100% of the population agreeing with you on silly matters that dont matter. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

Not questioning this at all...but it is "a very tough game" for the Cowboys also, and that's my only point!

yes it is.  but it's also a tough game for the Bills.  see we can do this all day long cause it means nothing.  it's insane what gets people upset on here. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Just please have a camera set up in your living room so you can share "The Legend of Crazy Uncle Augie" with the whole class!

I may have to collect cell phones at the door! 

Plan ahead to minimize the damage this could cause. 

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They definitely aren't.  But to expect the Bills go to in there in a shortened week and beat them on primetime - that's a tall order.  Plus they have maulers up front and that's our weakness.

My concerns as well. But first things first... They've gotta prove that a more cohesive team and organization (us) can beat a more talented team (the Browns) this weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If they are not then they should be. This has to be Garrett's last season, surely. I said it in Monday Night's game thread... no team in the NFL has A and B level talent at so many key spots as the Cowboys.

Quarterback - B

Running Back - A

Left Tackle - A

Center - B

Right Guard - A

Right Tackle - A

#1 Receiver - B

Pass rusher - A

Defensive Tackle - B

Middle Linebacker - A

Will - A

#1 Cornerback - B

If they either miss the playoffs or go 1 and done in them that is such a waste. And then they have to pay Dak and slowly but surely some of that other talent - especially oline I think - will have to be let go.

Yet the bills are still going to beat them on Thnaksgiving. 

• Like (+1) 1

What we really need is Dallas to beat New England on the Sunday before Thanksgiving which is definitely possible...as the Cowboys particularly under Jason Garrett play their worst games when people start believing in them...it’s when no one expects them to win they become very dangerous just ask the Eagles 

10 hours ago, eball said:

Not questioning this at all...but it is "a very tough game" for the Cowboys also, and that's my only point!

If on a cowboys board you might hear more chatter framed in the opposite perspective but here things tend to start “for the bills this game will be....”

But it should be a good test for both sides. Unfortunately, their teams identity meets our weakness. Which is a fair worry.

11 hours ago, Mango said:

Thought that was interesting. 5-3 heading into MIN. I watched the last Giants game, and have to say, I was not all that impressed. 

EDIT: Since 2017, the Cowboys are 10-14 outside of the NFCE

But are they the most flawed 5-3 team you have ever seen?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1