2nd Half Thread Wk 9: Redskins at Bills, 1 pm ET on Fox

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

This is not the offense that gets the best from Josh Allen. I am sorry it just isn't. He is not a run 1st down, run 2nd down, chain moving pass on 3rd down QB. 

It is just not who he is. Can we have the offense from the first 4 weeks back please? The one where we worried less about turnovers and more about scoring touchdowns. 

oh ho ho

NOW people agree with me?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

Said the same thing. Week after week they get their ass kicked in the 3rd quarter 

They didn't get their ass kicked, the Redskins pretty much did nothing other than take advantage of a shanked punt that left them in FG range. Daboll basically is keeping them in the game by playing ultra conservative. This is the NFL either play to win or don't coach in it. Playing it safe or playing not to lose gets you beat most times.

33 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

They are moving the ball and scoring. Why are some so fixated on the deep ball?

I’m not fixated, it’s the missing element to the whole offense. Singletary has gashed them most of the day, Gore can’t move, the mid range and screen passes look nice, but they run out of options when the defenses tighten up, and that’s where the deep ball changes things and opens other things up. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

This is not the offense that gets the best from Josh Allen. I am sorry it just isn't. He is not a run 1st down, run 2nd down, chain moving pass on 3rd down QB. 

It is just not who he is. Can we have the offense from the first 4 weeks back please? The one where we worried less about turnovers and more about scoring touchdowns. 

That’s not who McD is though. He’s all about “respecting the football” and is petrified of turnovers. I think the Pats game spooked him. He’s perfectly happy leaning the run and keeping games closer than they should just as long as it means we don’t turn it over throwing the ball. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Now that Redskins are playing run they are ripe for some TE and Beasley quick hits behind the line. Almost feel like Daboll is pouting - you want more run... here run, run, pass... run, run, pass.....