3-1 over the next four games

9 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I won't allow myself to think the Bills will go 2-2 over the next four and 4-4 over their last 8 games in total. I also have to be realistic and figure they lose one of these four upcoming games. This is the Bills after all.  

Last week was such a huge let down partly because we failed to get over that 5-1 hurdle that we tripped up on in 2008. But the 2019 Bills still have a chance to achieve a record through 8 games that we have not reached since our last Super Bowl season of 1993, by beating the Redskins this week and reaching 6-2. It hasn't been a murderers row of opponents to say the least but hey, you can only play the teams on your schedule and I'll gladly take a start to the season we haven't seen since 1993.

So my question is who do we lose to over the next four? Just give me one team.

I'll say Cleveland on the road.

As far as I'm concerned the Bills are 0-0 heading into every game going forward. 

Threads like this existed all over the place the last 2 times we jumped out to 5 wins, then proceeded to crap the season away. I may be a bit superstitious, but after what I've seen, assuming the Bills will win any game looking ahead on our schedule is foolish.

Just like I & many others have stated prior to losing to the Eagles, we could've just as easily been 1-5 heading into that game as 5-1. I didn't think the Eagles was a gimmie game at all, and I don't think the Redskins, Browns, Broncos, Jets, Dolphins, or anyone left on our schedule is either.

That's why it was ALWAYS important to take note of how we won, not just ignore it & say "a win's a win!" Yes, W/L record is all that matters at the end of the year, but when you still have over half a season of football ahead of you, how you play against the league's worst teams gives a good indication of if you're for real or just a paper tiger.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Offense could help this by actually getting a lead and forcing opponents to throw. 

If they can't stop the run, teams will stick to running it down our throat.  Don't make excuse for the defense that ***** the bed they way they did to start the second half in each of the last two games. 

I could easily see us losing the last 5 games of the year, and lose to the Browns. Ending up with a 9-7 record. 

The Jets will have nothing to play for, but also will have nothing to lose. 

We haven't been lucky, but we also haven't been efficient. The Bills look like a mirage right now.

Here's hoping I'm wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

I like the Bills to go 4-0 over the next 4 games IF they make the adjustments to stop the RUN. We should know after this weekend if that is possible.  The Redskins have a good running attack that will test the Bills.. 

I give the Bills a 10% chance of winning the Super Bowl if they win the next 4 and beat the Cowboys in Dallas on Thanksgiving.  If they win that game and get the confidence they need heading into the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots games on a 5 game winning streak I think they beat Baltimore and Pittsburgh. We then get a week 16 on Saturday night in front of a national audience.  Bills on a 7 game winning streak against a 14-0 Patriots.  Play competitively in week 16 at Patriots and they can do what the Giants did when they lost to the Patriots in the regular season in a close game but then ran the table on the road in the playoffs.  10% chance. 

Redskins W 6-2

Browns W 7-2

Dolphins W 8-2

Broncos W 9-2

Cowboys W 10-2

Ravens W 11-2

Steelers W 12-2

Patriots L 12-3

Jets W 13-3

Now that is optimism! 

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I want them to let him throw. I feel like they panicked a bit after the Pats game and are trying to coach conservatism into him. He has to feel confident to play a bit of hero ball and let it fly. Him saying the Titans game was his best as a pro worried me. I don't think it was his best game this season let alone his career. I worry he is being conditioned to think safe = good. 

I’m there with you and want to see us be pass happy. We traded up and took him 7th overall for a reason right? If McD wanted a safe QB who would protect the football then he could’ve just kept Tyrod. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Threads like this existed all over the place the last 2 times we jumped out to 5 wins, then proceeded to crap the season away. I may be a bit superstitious, but after what I've seen, assuming the Bills will win any game looking ahead on our schedule is foolish.

Actually this thread is meant to pump the breaks a bit while still having reason for optimism. A PSA for people to expect a loss in the coming weeks but not lose their heads over it.  I think a lot of people are looking at the records of our upcoming opponents and are just assuming we should go 4-0 over the next four. I think that is completely unrealistic. And whomever we do lose to we will still be in great shape at 8-3. 

2-2 is absolutely a possibility, heck probably more so than 3-1 given this teams history. But do we want to go down that road? 

5 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

I could easily see us losing the last 5 games of the year, and lose to the Browns. Ending up with a 9-7 record. 

The Jets will have nothing to play for, but also will have nothing to lose. 

We haven't been lucky, but we also haven't been efficient. The Bills look like a mirage right now.

Here's hoping I'm wrong. 

You're wrong, don't worry.

19 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

I like the Bills to go 4-0 over the next 4 games IF they make the adjustments to stop the RUN. We should know after this weekend if that is possible.  The Redskins have a good running attack that will test the Bills.. 

I give the Bills a 10% chance of winning the Super Bowl if they win the next 4 and beat the Cowboys in Dallas on Thanksgiving.  If they win that game and get the confidence they need heading into the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots games on a 5 game winning streak I think they beat Baltimore and Pittsburgh. We then get a week 16 on Saturday night in front of a national audience.  Bills on a 7 game winning streak against a 14-0 Patriots.  Play competitively in week 16 at Patriots and they can do what the Giants did when they lost to the Patriots in the regular season in a close game but then ran the table on the road in the playoffs.  10% chance. 

Redskins W 6-2

Browns W 7-2

Dolphins W 8-2

Broncos W 9-2

Cowboys W 10-2

Ravens W 11-2

Steelers W 12-2

Patriots L 12-3

Jets W 13-3

and I thought I was smoking the best strain.

a post like this only sets yourself up for disappointment. hate to burst your bubble mac, but that ain't happenin'

• Like (+1) 1

Redskins Win 21-17

At Browns Loss 16-17 

At Dolphins Win 21-10 

Broncos Win 10-7 

At Cowboys Surprise !! Big win 33-10 

Ravens Heartbreaking Loss in Overtime 21- 24 

At Steelers ugly win 13-12 

At Patriots Loss it is because of the referees and the cheaters , what else is new ! but very close game 17-22 

NY Jets Blowout win 31-6 

• Like (+1) 1

5-11... it's all over.

This team won't win another game because the secret is out, just run the ball and the Bills can't stop you.

This coming draft they are going to have to find a couple true "12-Technique" D-linemen.

Edited by 32ABBA

One game at a time. If the posters here were GB fans, they would say Aaron Rodgers is the worst QB ever, the OC sucks and the team will go nowhere based on today’s game. 

All teams have bad games. It’s just a reality. I trust McD will have the guys ready for each of those games but it’s a week to week league.

With that being said, I would love to come out of that 2-1. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

at Browns

at Phins

Broncos

3 bad teams, all winnable games.  If we go 3-0 we get to 9-2, playoff spot pretty much locked up going in to our Turkeyday showdown vs Dallas.  Can we take care of business or it will be same ole Buffalo? 

Yes, this team will take care of business.

10 wins ought to do it this year and we will get there.

It's the playoff game I'm worried about.