3-1 over the next four games

10 minutes ago, billspro said:

I think this is going to be the week. I hope I’m right. If he doesn’t play well this week it will be concerning. I think our defence is going to put the offence in a lot of advantageous positions this week. 

I want them to let him throw. I feel like they panicked a bit after the Pats game and are trying to coach conservatism into him. He has to feel confident to play a bit of hero ball and let it fly. Him saying the Titans game was his best as a pro worried me. I don't think it was his best game this season let alone his career. I worry he is being conditioned to think safe = good. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I want them to let him throw. I feel like they panicked a bit after the Pats game and are trying to coach conservatism into him. He has to feel confident to play a bit of hero ball and let it fly. Him saying the Titans game was his best as a pro worried me. I don't think it was his best game this season let alone his career. I worry he is being conditioned to think safe = good. 

Either Daboll adjusts or he should be fired.  He's ruining this kid.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m sure this won’t come back to ? us!

...lemme ask the question Biscuit......are we in a position where we can realistically look THAT far ahead?.....shouldn't we take this one game at a time?.....guess I don't see consistency offensively or defensively where we can take ANYTHING for granted...what say you Sage??.......

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Either Daboll adjusts or he should be fired.  He's ruining this kid.

This Washington game is a fine time to start. I thought Daboll was some kind of offensive guru. I do not see it...not here. Allen is going to need some more latitude to make some plays. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I won't allow myself to think the Bills will go 2-2 over the next four and 4-4 over their last 8 games in total. I also have to be realistic and figure they lose one of these four upcoming games. This is the Bills after all.  

Last week was such a huge let down partly because we failed to get over that 5-1 hurdle that we tripped up on in 2008. But the 2019 Bills still have a chance to achieve a record through 8 games that we have not reached since our last Super Bowl season of 1993, by beating the Redskins this week and reaching 6-2. It hasn't been a murderers row of opponents to say the least but hey, you can only play the teams on your schedule and I'll gladly take a start to the season we haven't seen since 1993.

So my question is who do we lose to over the next four? Just give me one team.

I'll say Cleveland on the road.

TBH the way this offense looks and how broken the defense looked last week they might go 2-2. Washington is a 50/50 game in reality. 

3 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

They are 2-5.

Same record the Bills would be if we had the Browns' schedule.

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

yep I have Cleveland on the road as a loss also.  That’ll be Baker’s Super Bowl.

Why? Is he more motivated against us for some reason? (I mean, it seems like most teams are. I'm just not sure why Mayfield would be.)

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

hahaha!

Sure, just post any nonsense you can think of.

How about this "The Bills would have won the Super Bowl last year, if they had started Allen at the beginning of the season." 

3 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

They are 2-5.

Yes but you have to consider the nature of that 2-5.  The team has a lot more talent/promise than it has shown and there is enough there to give anyone trouble on a given day if they can put it together for 4 quarters.

For that reason, that game scares me too.  I think we can absolutely win it, but I'll feel more comfortable after it's over.

56 minutes ago, Putin said:

The Broncos lost 3 close games and could easily be 5-2 right now , 

And we won a game by a single point in which the opposing team's kicker missed an extra point and a FG.

Fans don't seem to get this, but this is why you can't go by wins and losses as some sort of definitive statement about team quality.  It is a lot more complex than that and there is a LOT of luck in the outcomes of specific games.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Yes but you have to consider the nature of that 2-5.  The team has a lot more talent/promise than it has shown and there is enough there to give anyone trouble on a given day if they can put it together for 4 quarters.

For that reason, that game scares me too.  I think we can absolutely win it, but I'll feel more comfortable after it's over.

Well, rest easy. Big C says they're "beatable". Maybe with hopes and prayers, the Bills can pull off a miracle.

2 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

hahaha!

Sure, just post any nonsense you can think of.

How about this "The Bills would have won the Super Bowl last year, if they had started Allen at the beginning of the season." 

Tennessee

@ NYJ

LAR

@ Baltimore

@ San Francisco

Seattle

@ New England

Do you think the Bills would be favored to beat the Rams, Ravens, 49ers, Seahawks, or Patriots?

I didn't think so.

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Tennessee

@ NYJ

LAR

@ Baltimore

@ San Francisco

Seattle

@ New England

Do you think the Bills would be favored to beat the Rams, Ravens, 49ers, Seahawks, or Patriots?

I didn't think so.

No, I don't think that, but I do have some other thoughts related to your post.

39 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Why? Is he more motivated against us for some reason? (I mean, it seems like most teams are. I'm just not sure why Mayfield would be.)

Josh Allen.

4 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I see them winning 2 more games. They will beat a team they are not supposed to like the Cowboys or Ravens and then the last game of the season against the Jets in a meaningless game just to make the draft pick worse.

This prediction MUST be so their win total will equal your user name?  Pretty sad.  Pretty negative and weak outlook.

• Like (+1) 2

The Cleveland O-line sucks. Chubb got his yards against the Pats when they were deep in the hole, but still running the ball.

The Philly O-line is good, so they matched up well against the Bills weakness.

We shall see what Vegas thinks prior to the game. They have a much better handle on teams capabilities and the team to team variables (even when the games doesn't end up matching the odds).

I think the Bills are much better than the Browns, and they are just going through some bumps on the road to an 11-5/10-6 season.

Edited by 32ABBA

35 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I don't follow. Mayfield was #1 overall. Does he hold a grudge against Allen for some reason?

Probably!

Another reason they’ll play like it’s their Super Bowl is, they’ll be scratching and clawing for a WC spot still.

6 hours ago, SoTier said:

Since the Bills had the same problems stopping the run last season that the Eagles exposed last Sunday, I'm not optimistic about them suddenly fixing that problem.  In the next 4 games, if Mayfield and the rest of that crew can get their collective act together, they could easily beat the Bills.  They have a game-breaking RB in Chubb, they have the passing offense to score TDs from anywhere, and their defense is good enough to hold the Bills anemic offense to 1 TD and 2 or 3 FGs, so they would be my "most likely" candidate.  I think that Miami is the only other team in the next four that might challenge the Bills.   A divisional game in the rival's home stadium is always dangerous, and past crappy Carp teams have taken down bigger fish than the Bills late in the season.

As for the rest of the season, I just don't see the Bills beating the Cowboys, Ravens, Steelers or Pats.  All of those teams have stout defenses, and the first three have good/great running games as well.   NE has Belichick and Brady, so 'nuff said about them in Foxborough.  If the Bills don't win the next four games, they'll likely end up 9-7 or worse.

This is scary close to what I was saying to a friend the other day. Actually, it's pretty much word for word.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

I like the Bills to go 4-0 over the next 4 games IF they make the adjustments to stop the RUN. We should know after this weekend if that is possible.  The Redskins have a good running attack that will test the Bills.. 

I give the Bills a 10% chance of winning the Super Bowl if they win the next 4 and beat the Cowboys in Dallas on Thanksgiving.  If they win that game and get the confidence they need heading into the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots games on a 5 game winning streak I think they beat Baltimore and Pittsburgh. We then get a week 16 on Saturday night in front of a national audience.  Bills on a 7 game winning streak against a 14-0 Patriots.  Play competitively in week 16 at Patriots and they can do what the Giants did when they lost to the Patriots in the regular season in a close game but then ran the table on the road in the playoffs.  10% chance. 

Redskins W 6-2

Browns W 7-2

Dolphins W 8-2

Broncos W 9-2

Cowboys W 10-2

Ravens W 11-2

Steelers W 12-2

Patriots L 12-3

Jets W 13-3

Already taking the W over Ravens and Cowboys?

• Haha (+1) 1