First Time I have been concerned with Josh Allen

3 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

After seeing Josh Allen's first performance in pre-season last year, I started a thread title "For the love of God, just name Josh Allen the starter" (Mods later changed thread title).

To me Allen is the most likable guy in the NFL, and the most fun to watch.  I so much want him to succeed.  

Yesterday's game troubled me quite a bit.  With two weeks to prepare for the worst team in the NFL, Singletary back,  a upgraded receiving corp including  glue hands Duke Williams and Tyler Kroft active, I expected the offense to be hitting on nearly all cylinders.   

it appears to me now that Allen and Daboll are simply not a good combination.  Daboll seems to be committed to developing Allen to play in the Daboll system rather than developing a system to optimize Allen's considerable physical skills.  At this point I am not sure they will be successful together.  There is a legitimate school of thought to say that there is a proper way to play NFL QB and Allen needs to learn that.    At the same time I think it is legitimate to say that some teams have been successful (Russell Williams) adapting an offense to take advantage of a particular QBs skill set.   I am not sure which is right.  I will say that I think Daboll's offense would work identically well with Jared Goff as our QB, and I think that leaves a lot of Josh Allen's skill set unused. I don't want to turn Allen into Goff.  

You are not the only fan starting to re-think his position on Josh Allen.

But it is still way too early to expect the average fan, particularly at this board, to agree with you.

Perception on Allen will slowly change, but it will take time. 

I'm sure many folks here are just now beginning to see that Tyrod wasn't the answer and that maybe Doug Whaley wasn't a great GM after all.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Are you saying he doesn't have the cajones to post under his real username?

Only Doug Whaley or EJ Manuel could be this mad at me already. Let’s let bygones be bygones.

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

It's a lot of fun being over here on the objective, rational, and optimistic side of things. You should try it. Maybe you won't have to keep coming back under different user names. 

Textbook TBD. I can’t stop smiling.

The only reason anyone is concerned is because he's not hit the deep balls. If he hits mckensie then everyone is saying how great he looked. 

I'm not so concerned about it as frustrated. He can obviously do it because he did it in college. I honestly think he has the yips and the more he misses them the more he gets frustrated and forces it. 

I also believe at some point soon he'll hit one early in a game and then get another in the same game and then he'll be fine. 

It also doesn't help that he's not getting many shots a game, so he's not got much of a rhythm going. 

Just now, FireChans said:

Only Doug Whaley or EJ Manuel could be this mad at me already. Let’s let bygones be bygones.

Maybe you are just angry with yourself and projecting it onto other people. It is clear you are having some sort of identity crisis. I can get you the good name of a therapist. It might help you be happier with who you really are. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

rockledge florida. back in the early 90's I had a run in with some boys from rockledge, rednecks for the most part. was living in orlando at the time and was at a neighbors apt partying and having a good time.

then these boys from rockledge want to arm wrestle, 20 bucks a match. well, after I had beat about four of them they decided to jump on me and the fight perused.

I got a few good licks in and was holding my own until we fell onto a coffee table and busted it up and one of the redneck boys decided to use one of the legs to hit me across the face with it.

knocked my ass out and woke to my gf telling me we had to go to the emergency room. ended up with 11 stitches in my face but still had my 80 bucks.

yep, those redneck boys from rockledge didn't like me taking their money.

so they kicked my ass. little bastards.

now, keep in mind this is not to assume you're a rockledge redneck or anything like that, just seen your location and it brought back the memory.

Ahhhhhh the good times, you may be surprised at lil' old Rockledge and the quality of their residents …. a lot of NASA people, lots of Northrup people, lots of Lockheed Martin people, lots of cyber security people. To be sure red necks CAN be found running their pickup through the mud puddles, not ALL of us drive shiny new expensive BMWs, but if your hanging with the redneck elements in Rockledge than you need to be a little more selective about your friends.

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You are not the only fan starting to re-think his position on Josh Allen.

But it is still way too early to expect the average fan, particularly at this board, to agree with you.

Perception on Allen will slowly change, but it will take time. 

I'm sure many folks here are just now beginning to see that Tyrod wasn't the answer and that maybe Doug Whaley wasn't a great GM after all.

please.  you were so back and forth on allen it wasn't funny.  you were ripping the guy apart in the off season.  then, after a few good preseason games, you were singing his praises.  now, you knew better...right?  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Bills should cut Allen.   He is terrible because his stats say so.  Who cares what his teammates think and who cares that he wins games.

You guys can get this guy!!  He went 34-54 for 251 yards and 2 TDs with no picks yesterday.  Currently located in Chicago.  With him at the helm, Bills win the next 4 super bowls undoubtedly.

Then the Broncos can pick up Allen and really suck.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Eh...the defense only allowed 14 points when it really counted.  I didn't see the game but I could chalk-up the last TD by the Dols to prevent defense/thinking they had the game in hand being up by 10. 

And this started with our just previous possession where we ran it straight into the middle of the defense three straight times and punted it back to them. 

I HATE playing not to lose. I don’t mind running on first down there, although I think play action would have been the better call. But they basically conceded to running clock and punting. 

Edited by BuffaloBob

2 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Bills should cut Allen.   He is terrible because his stats say so.  Who cares what his teammates think and who cares that he wins games.

You guys can get this guy!!  He went 34-54 for 251 yards and 2 TDs with no picks yesterday.  Currently located in Chicago.  With him at the helm, Bills win the next 4 super bowls undoubtedly.

Then the Broncos can pick up Allen and really suck.

The Broncos dont already really suck with Flacco at the helm?

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It’s cover zero. They are usually rushing 7 or 8. You don’t just need to chip an extra rusher.

The QB needs to recognize the play, and tell the receiver to go to his hot route. That’s his job. He also needs to recognize the ball needs to go into the stands immediately if that read isn’t there. 

My point is if we cant block cover zero, then audible to do so.  It sure does not look like our 5 can block 7 or 8, so get out of the situation.  

It is not just one person to blame for the continued failures, but if there is then i choose Daboll, his job is to help the guy with 17 starts under his belt.  . 

4 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

My point is if we cant block cover zero, then audible to do so.  It sure does not look like our 5 can block 7 or 8, so get out of the situation.  

It is not just one person to blame for the continued failures, but if there is then i choose Daboll, his job is to help the guy with 17 starts under his belt.  . 

If Josh doesn’t know what to do and Daboll hasn’t told him what to do, Josh needs to ask Daboll what to do.