First Time I have been concerned with Josh Allen

Josh is playing better of late, but I think his ceiling will be just an average passer with exceptional mobillty. Overall, that makes him above average. If we ever win a SB with him at QB, we'll need a legendary defense and an unstoppable ground game.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Pssst ....  

I have 2 permanent points , 1 each 6 months apart.   the last given 1 year ago 

When warned you need to learn from it.  ...  

I just want to add that I have no points, so I'm clearly doing something wrong.

I have been told off for posting my site with replays of the games though, since a mod thought I was a third-rate journalist trying to pimp my stuff.

Does that count?

(P.S. the site is https://timekills.info in case anyone wants to vote for my Pulitzer.)

goodBoy.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Again, you make generalizations without specifically naming any player or coach.

How about the following?

Players and coaches had a problem signing with the Buffalo Bills because they were a poorly run organization and had a very frugal owner.

Which statement is more true?

Its not big enough of a deal to me to search the internet looking for quotes. And yes the Bills were poorly run but Ralph wasnt frugal

If you can have that opinion I can have mine. Ralph made OJ the highest paid NFL player in the 70s. He made Kelly the highest paid player in the 80s.  We were known as the million dollar Bills

In the 2000s Ralph spent $ on the wrong people. Like making Derrick Dockerry the highest paid guard in the NFL... That's not frugal, that's dumb

We just share different opinions 

At least the Josh Allen haters keep moving the goal posts.

It used to be:

"He cannot throw the short to intermediate passes accurately and is a below 60% passer"

"He is more of a runner than a passer, he isn't a pure passer"

"He isn't any good in the red zone"

Now that this is something that he is doing it has changed to:

"He can't throw the long ball accurately, that will never change"

"62% is no longer acceptable in today's football, he has to be higher than that"

"He hasn't had that wow moment, no 300 yard games"

:lol:

Just relax and enjoy that your team is 5 - 1 and that you have a QB that can absolutely Ball in the 4th quarter.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Some here said that Tyrod was a TOP 10 QB and look how that turned out!!!

Wellllllllll..........you know, PFF said it too ?

No joke.  Had Tyrod at #9 or #10, right above Aaron Rodgers ?  (linked without paywall here)

lhttp://theramshuddle.com/topic/pffs-2015-nfl-quarterback-rankings/

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wellllllllll..........you know, PFF said it too ?

No joke.  Had Tyrod at #9 or #10, right above Aaron Rodgers ?  (linked without paywall here)

lhttp://theramshuddle.com/topic/pffs-2015-nfl-quarterback-rankings/

You can fact check me if you want, but I had Rodgers at 11 and Tyrod at 13 that year :D

2 hours ago, macaroni said:

HIS side of the story is ….

He posted in this thread, someone took umbridge with his viewpoint and an "off topic" conversation started. He says (again HIS side) was that in the 30 minutes he was a member he made 5 posts spanning 2 different topics, and one of those posts was apologizing for getting off topic in this one. In the defense of the mod who shall not be named, he said he DID get a bit snarky, but never used profanity or such. The attachment below is the e-mail he received to inform him he was permanently banned. 

download.png

busted     "...you are not a new poster...."

my guess is 3rd generation and 2nd generation have identical writing style and IP address

56 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

o 7 TDs - 7 INTS

o  Josh Allen can not throw the deep ball;  this is not going to change IMO.

Why not?  Last year he threw a very accurate deep ball.  I recall a perfectly placed 55 yard pass that went through Fosters hands in the Minnesota game.  I remember another perfectly thrown 60 yard pass against NE that Foster "lost" in the sun and went right between his hands. 

I remember that against LA Allen completed the LONGEST pass play of the 2018 NFL season when just looking at how far it traveled in the air - which was about 64 yards.  He completed a deep, perfectly placed 75 yard TD against Jacksonville and a perfectly placed deep 45 yard TD pass against Detroit.  In the last game against Miami he had a 29 yard TD pass that was a deep throw because Foster caught it at the goal line. 

Hell Allen didn't overthrow the deep pass against Miami that Clay froze in place when a couple of steps would have made it an easy long TD catch.

I also watched multiple Wyoming games where he threw beautiful deep passes.

I have no idea why he's struggling to connect on the deep pass this season but there's NO reason to think he won't get over it and start hitting these deep shots.  At least if you go by what he did last year.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, papazoid said:

busted     "...you are not a new poster...."

my guess is 3rd generation and 2nd generation have identical writing style and IP address

Incorrecto oh Nostradumbass … 3rd generation is my son who is by the way a third generation fan hence the name … I on the other hand is his father, and have been a member here and on the D&C board since he was a baby.

As far as writing styles being identical, they very well may be similar we are both educated and articulate … but I'll never know because the powers that be won't send me (or post for the world to see) his super offending posts. 

And exactly HOW am I busted????

2 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Incorrecto oh Nostradumbass … 3rd generation is my son who is by the way a third generation fan hence the name … I on the other hand is his father, and have been a member here and on the D&C board since he was a baby.

As far as writing styles being identical, they very well may be similar we are both educated and articulate … but I'll never know because the powers that be won't send me (or post for the world to see) his super offending posts. 

And exactly HOW am I busted????

?

Also they're not going to post things that had to be removed and why would they pm something they removed to someone else there aren't parental settings on this board.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 1

It's pretty evident they are trying to teach this kid to be an NFL QB and not be what a young Steve Young was back there.

He has had his moments, but we should be ok with the results so far............. 5-1.

To me, he just needs to be calmer back there.

1 hour ago, Socal-805 said:

o 7 TDs - 7 INTS

o  Josh Allen can not throw the deep ball;  this is not going to change IMO.

Except he has shown that he can do it previously.....that is the problem with this arguement.

He has been inaccurate with it thus far this year...however his short game has really improved.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Except he has shown that he can do it previously.....that is the problem with this arguement.

He has been inaccurate with it thus far this year...however his short game has really improved.

When did he show this?

Last year?

No. 28 QBR in passes at least 20 yds.

No. 27 in completion percentage on long passes (at least 30 attempts) at 27.1%.

No. 19 in on-target percentages at 50.8%.

No. 1 in most interceptions on deep pass attempts with seven and only five touchdowns.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

When did he show this?

Last year?

No. 28 QBR in passes at least 20 yds.

No. 27 in completion percentage on long passes (at least 30 attempts) at 27.1%.

No. 19 in on-target percentages at 50.8%.

No. 1 in most interceptions on deep pass attempts with seven and only five touchdowns.

What's his QBR in passes at least 20 yards this year?

Where does he rank with his peers.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

That is it? Many guys can throw the ball and sometimes people will catch it. Its about doing it consistently. You can find clips like that of guys that dont ever play a down in college let alone the NFL. 

4 hours ago, macaroni said:

I'm not a mod or board policy or anything but I was just gonna chime in and say why can't we all get along guys?

We are Bills fanatics and we are 5-1 and we have people talking about how they are concerned over Josh Allen who played well yesterday!

I come here because I love the Bills and talking with you folks.. and occasionally calling a troll pathetic

But this place is very fun when things are going well and we are all getting along.. 

We are 5-1 folks and the city is buzzing, I talked to a pizzeria owner last night till 1AM about the Bills! He closed at 9 and wouldn't let me leave!

THE BILLS MAKE ME WANNA SHOUT

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

That is it? Many guys can throw the ball and sometimes people will catch it. Its about doing it consistently. You can find clips like that of guys that dont ever play a down in college let alone the NFL. 

That is not it....it is a example.

He threw that under direct pressure.....in stride....to a speeding receiver.

That shows he CAN do it......but is having issues with it at the moment.

33 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Why not?  Last year he threw a very accurate deep ball.  I recall a perfectly placed 55 yard pass that went through Fosters hands in the Minnesota game.  I remember another perfectly thrown 60 yard pass against NE that Foster "lost" in the sun and went right between his hands. 

I remember that against LA Allen completed the LONGEST pass play of the 2018 NFL season when just looking at how far it traveled in the air - which was about 64 yards.  He completed a deep, perfectly placed 75 yard TD against Jacksonville and a perfectly placed deep 45 yard TD pass against Detroit.  In the last game against Miami he had a 29 yard TD pass that was a deep throw because Foster caught it at the goal line. 

Hell Allen didn't overthrow the deep pass against Miami that Clay froze in place when a couple of steps would have made it an easy long TD catch.

I also watched multiple Wyoming games where he threw beautiful deep passes.

I have no idea why he's struggling to connect on the deep pass this season but there's NO reason to think he won't get over it and start hitting these deep shots.  At least if you go by what he did last year.

Long ball is the new completion percentage. When that gets fixed, the same folks will find the next thing.

• Thank you (+1) 1