SNF - Colts @ Chiefs

Bangarang

7 minutes ago, MDH said:

I, admittedly, don’t follow college football closely. But I don’t get how Mahomes wasn’t viewed as a sure fire QB prospect.

I’ve never seen a more accurate QB. He throws off platform, he throws on the run off platform, he beats the blitz with quick throws, he can run...he does everything and just about all his throws are with pin point accuracy. He’s the most natural thrower is the football I’ve ever seen.

I get he played in the air raid offense but if they just looked at HOW he throws the football it seems like it should have been obvious.

I have wondered the same exact thing and I also don't watch college football. It's very hard to defend against this guy.

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Tom Brady is still the best till he gets beat in a meaningful game and he has already beat Mahomes head to head. Twice.

were they playing 1v1 or something? Brady may have once been the best and he’ll probably go down as one of the greatest to ever play...but right now Mahomes is the better QB.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bubba Gump said:

If Mahomes can stay healthy, he is gonna own many of Marcia's records. Wouldn't be surprised if Brady hires someone to Gillooly Mahomes one day. 

If he is convicted and sent to jail will be commit suicide like his TE so his family can say he was "not guilty"?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

There are currently 4 quarterbacks in the NFL that are better than him.  Not sure what is so once in a lifetime about a guy with ZERO rings.

Just wow..........zero rings in one season.

Please put the crack pipe down and step away.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

were they playing 1v1 or something? Brady may have once been the best and he’ll probably go down as one of the greatest to ever play...but right now Mahomes is the better QB.

Belichick owned Mahomes.   Mahomes didn't show up for LARGE parts of the game. 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

You can say that about Brady throughout his career though as he was never the best qb in the league whether it be Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers.  The consistency and duration of his play makes him the goat up to this point.

Just now, FUTURIST said:

Yeah, and they WON the game on the road and won the SUPER BOWL.  Mahomes lost.

The Pats won because they had the ball last. Chiefs probably win that game if they won the OT coin toss (or Ford doesn’t line up in the neutral zone) Neither D was stopping anyone in that second half. Brady is the goat, but he and Mahomes both played brilliantly. Neither would have been to blame for the loss. It’s far more nuanced than saying Brady is better than Mahomes in 2019 just because he won head to head 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

He very well might be recognized as the best arm to ever be in the game when it is all said and done.

He has such a unique whipping motion.  I can't think of another QB like him.

I wonder if that motion can hold up for 10+ years.  I'm not saying it won't,  just wondering.

Just wow..........zero rings in one season.

Please put the crack pipe down and step away.

ZERO RINGS means ZERO RINGS.  He had a chance and he choked for a half in a big playoff game.  Belichick destroyed him. All you have to do is keep him in the pocket.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

You can say that about Brady throughout his career though as he was never the best qb in the league whether it be Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers.  The consistency and duration of his play makes him the goat up to this point.

He is unquestionably the goat. He also has the greatest head coach of all time, and often had a really good defense. Both things that Rodgers and Manning never had. 

Just now, FUTURIST said:

ZERO RINGS means ZERO RINGS.  He had a chance and he choked for a half in a big playoff game.  Belichick destroyed him. All you have to do is keep him in the pocket.

Holding someone to 31 points is “destroying” them? 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, FUTURIST said:

Yeah, and they WON the game on the road and won the SUPER BOWL.  Mahomes lost.

So this raises the question, as good as Mahomes is, and presuming Allen develops into a solid QB,  would you rather have Tre and the defense he's a huge part of and Allen, or Mahomes?   (You can't choose Mahomes, plus the Bill's D, because that didn't happen.)

How many of those QB's had rings after one season as a starter?  I'll wait.

Who cares? They have rings and have PROVEN they can win the big games.  Mahomes did not show up in the big game last year. He was exposed by Belichick.  The league will figure him out.  He is easy to stop if you contain him. 

2 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Who cares? They have rings and have PROVEN they can win the big games.  Mahomes did not show up in the big game last year. He was exposed by Belichick.  The league will figure him out.  He is easy to stop if you contain him. 

You are really.........not smart. And I'm still waiting for you to answer my question genius.

Edited by Bubba Gump

Just now, FUTURIST said:

He put up 31 points on him, 295 yards, and 3 touchdowns.  If that's containing somebody than he's a damn good qb.

Mahomes is great but his WRs are wide open allllllll the time.   When they aren’t, they are winning jump balls. 

Of couse we want Indy to lose but my goodness, it is so hard to root for KC with all the gargling going on by the SNF crew. 

1 minute ago, FUTURIST said:

Except that Reid adjusted in the 2nd half and Mahomes was unstoppable

And if a DL lines up correctly Brady’s INT stands and  Mahomes wins. Probably wins the Super Bowl too as he’s better than Goff. It’s his second year as starting QB so get a grip. 

4 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Belichick owned Mahomes.   Mahomes didn't show up for LARGE parts of the game. 

Mahomes in 2 games against the Pats:

39/67     648 yards     7 TDs    2 INTs

if that’s getting owned then I hope Allen gets owned like that all the time.

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

So this raises the question, as good as Mahomes is, and presuming Allen develops into a solid QB,  would you rather have Tre and the defense he's a huge part of and Allen, or Mahomes?   (You can't choose Mahomes, plus the Bill's D, because that didn't happen.)

I think I still go with Mahomes in hindsight at this point, because a large part of the D's success is based on coaching and culture (team defense) imo.  

Even if the D isn't elite in a Bills+Mahomes version of 2019, I think it'd still be at least average if not top 12.

I am not going to say he will be easy to stop, but the way that everyone is anointing him the greatest of all time...................

there will be A LOT of pressure on him to do it in the big games.

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

And if a DL lines up correctly Brady’s INT stands and  Mahomes wins. Probably wins the Super Bowl too as he’s better than Goff. It’s his second year as starting QB so get a grip. 

Ifs, could haves, should haves, you have been a Bills fan too long. In the NFL all that matters is WINS. Who care about ifs.

4 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I’d take the out of this world QB. It’s much harder to maintain an elite defense for a lengthy period of time. It involves locking up too many guys to keep the unit together. Guys begin to walk, signing for bigger money elsewhere. QB’s are protected by the rules, and have increasingly long careers. Elite QB’s almost guarantee one title with decent management. Elite defenses don’t guarantee anything these days. 

Edited by SirAndrew

Just now, njbuff said:

I am not going to say he will be easy to stop, but the way that everyone is anointing him the greatest of all time...................

there will be A LOT of pressure on him to do it in the big games.

Amen.  This guy played in one big game and LOST.

1 minute ago, Capco said:

I think I still go with Mahomes in hindsight at this point, because a large part of the D's success is based on coaching and culture (team defense) imo.  

Even if the D isn't elite in a Bills+Mahomes version of 2019, I think it'd still be at least average if not top 12.

Okay.  That's a fair point.  Remember, though, you don't have Tre.