Zay Jones - Snaps Today

wppete

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

:blink:   

Pretend that there are people out here that have no idea what that is.  (for whatever reason, AM no coffee etc) 

If this isn't a troll post, would you care to provide background?  

I don't know who that is in that video but the image of an angry man depicting Zay Jones' dad is pretty obvious no? Considering his social media history commenting on the Bills treatment of his son.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't know who that is in that video but the image of an angry man depicting Zay Jones' dad is pretty obvious no? Considering his social media history commenting on the Bills treatment of his son.

I avoid Social Media like the plague.    

I've heard of a few things Zay's parents have posted, but nothing that sticks to mind.   

There was the "Zay is gone" (from Buffalo)  tweet I recall, and some "fake outrage" afterwords, but its been so long (15 seconds ins long on SM)  I hardly care.  

:beer:

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

I think lost in all of this - i don't think there was anything alarming about his play specifically in the NE game.  Most teams might wait for a bye week to make a change like this.  

I think there may have been some kind of confrontation or issue at a meeting/practice for them to just decide to put him on the bench.  

37 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I think lost in all of this - i don't think there was anything alarming about his play specifically in the NE game.  Most teams might wait for a bye week to make a change like this.  

I think there may have been some kind of confrontation or issue at a meeting/practice for them to just decide to put him on the bench.  

When the coach specifically mentions a lack of fight on 2 ints thrown your way - I think that was alarming about his play.

Duke (along with others) praised Zay and his helping get Duke prepared and ready to play Sunday.

I don’t think there was anything other than play on the field.  Zay seems to have bought in to what the team is teaching, but right now physically he just is not doing enough.

Mentally he seemed to handle the demotion ok and supported his teammates and really supported Duke before and during the game.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, dneveu said:

His play specifically?  One of the INTs that was thrown to him, IMHO.

He did not come back for it, he did not jump for it, and he did not contest with the DB who jumped the route either to knock him off the ball (before he caught it) or pull him out of bounds before he got both feet down (after he caught it).

That's kind of WR101 as I understand it.   You promise the QB if he throws the ball to you, you'll either come down with it or you'll make sure that no one in the wrong jersey can come down with it.    So McDermott said "sit a spell and we'll give a chance to the guy who's been making plays  in practice, Son."

• Like (+1) 1

If I'm the coach, I take Zay into the office and tell him, "In the next few weeks, I'm gonna need to open up a roster spot. Right now, your name is on the list of potential cuts; you have a couple of weeks to convince me to remove it. Make your case on the field."

I'm guessing Zay knows that already, but it really hits home when the boss says it.

9 hours ago, DCOrange said:

It was mostly screens, slants, and drags.

Against lesser level D1 schools, I mean hell, UConn football is division 1 doesn’t make them good because their division 1....if you get my drift,

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

If I'm the coach, I take Zay into the office and tell him, "In the next few weeks, I'm gonna need to open up a roster spot. Right now, your name is on the list of potential cuts; you have a couple of weeks to convince me to remove it. Make your case on the field."

I'm guessing Zay knows that already, but it really hits home when the boss says it.

Zay saw his playing time decrease dramatically this week.  The guy who played in his place, played very well.

As long as that is the case, Zay is unlikely to see his playing time increase again, so what would be the point of what you propose?  No point. IMHO.

I'm sure Zay has been told by his position coach, Dabs, and maybe McDermott too where they want to see improvement or change.

All you guys clamoring for Zay to be cut - if Smoke or Beas or Duke goes down, exactly who do you want out there playing?  Foster is coming back from injury.  He has good deep routes, but if he's slowed by injury, what will he have?  Don't know yet.  This TC and preseason, he was making boneheaded mistakes and needing to be told where to go. 

This is the NFL.  Every player on the team is one hard hit or mishap away from needing a guy to step up behind him.  If we make a move for a better WR, then Zay will become expendable whether he sells every molecule in his body out on the field or no.  If we don't, we need Zay until we find someone better by trade, draft, or FA signing.

I don't hate Zay ....like some do

I just think he's our 7th best option right now. If he can get better and learn from his benching, then I'm all for 2nd chances. 

Just don't think he can learn to be more aggressive or better at, well, catching. 

Edited by r00tabaga

16 hours ago, ColeB said:

How did he set NCAA Division I records for receptions in a season and career?  Doesn’t make sense.

Mental issues and recreational drugs de-railed his career.  

Remember when he tried to commit suicide while high, probably on meth.   His brother had to physically restrain him or he would be gone. 

2 minutes ago, Chill said:

Mental issues and recreational drugs de-railed his career.  

Remember when he tried to commit suicide while high, probably on meth.   His brother had to physically restrain him or he would be gone. 

probably on synthetic weed