We need Josh Allen to be Tyrod Taylor for 3 quarters

Strethor

9 minutes ago, Strethor said:

Thats why I said 3 quarters not 4 

??

It's a double edged sword and trade off

The two extremes are not good 

He needs to find a medium ground or he won't last long 

The difference is one takes the shot and the other doesn't (didn't).  It's likely easier to tame a wild horse than make a mule run like a stallion.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Strethor said:

Our QB threw into double coverage multiple times and ran charging into a helmet that knocked him out-> be less risk averse [relates to previous QB who was risk averse]

If you think that makes no sense, or is not rational response..  lol

Apologies for making you dumb 

Thank you 

fair  

You speak the truth 

The news flash is he has made bone headed play multiple weeks in a row and he needs to understand where he's making mistakes and costing the team. If he can remove this Favre gene it's not simply turning into regressing Tyrod I simply used that comparison to stir up people who won't look into deeper issues. The end goal is to become a more complete QB 

Tyrod should NEVER be used as a comparison for what a Complete QB is. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think the hero ball narrative has some merit, but is NOT the main issue here. The majority of the gaffes in the Pats game occurred AFTER he had put the offense in a poor situation. If he's more efficient on the early downs, it's gonna greatly reduce the chance that the costly turnovers ever happen. Also, we keep talking about Favre, but there's a difference. Favre threw alot of picks, but he also made a ton of plays in the air. I can live with the picks if Allen improves his efficiency and connects on the big plays. The lack of overall production is more of a concern than the turnovers IMO. If you're gonna throw 3 picks, you gotta throw 3 TD passes. I really don't want to see him alter his game all that much. I just want to see him become more productive. He was shook in the Pats game. Totally shook. He had shown some progress through 3 games. I'm gonna take the wait and see approach as to how he bounces back.

• Like (+1) 1

I just gotta day the Tyrod hate has gone too far.  I wasn’t a fan of his and wanted him to get replaced but he was a solid starter for a few years.  I’ve seen moronic tales like I’d rather have Matt Barkley than Tyrod.  

Josh Allen should be better than Tyrod.  But he is currently on pace for 12 td passes and 24 ints.  If Allen had a 20 td to 6 int season like TT did, we cake walk to the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Lol. So true 

tyrod sucked more and more as the games went on. 

Just having the put in interceptor Nate was enough to tell anyone Tyrod was out of here!!!

He also sucked because our current head coach hired a west coast OC, which was a terrible fit for his skills, traded his best receiver away a week before the season and replaced him with scrubs like Benjamin and Matthews, and had obsession with one of the worst qb ever. 

Tyrod wasn’t enough but stop this false narrative of how bad he was.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Tyrod should NEVER be used as a comparison for what a Complete QB is. 

Spinning my words - that is not the case. We know this 

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

The difference is one takes the shot and the other doesn't (didn't).  It's likely easier to tame a wild horse than make a mule run like a stallion.

you are correct 

11 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He also sucked because our current head coach hired a west coast OC, which was a terrible fit for his skills, traded his best receiver away a week before the season and replaced him with scrubs like Benjamin and Matthews, and had obsession with one of the worst qb ever. 

Tyrod wasn’t enough but stop this false narrative of how bad he was.

IMO McD and Co wanted had a plan and wanted to go to a more mainstream offense and progress their new young QB's.

The only reason Tyrod stayed on when McD and Co came aboard was because there wasn't a much better option out there at the time w/o having to overpay imo.

See Cousins, Keenum, etc. Tyrod was never in their long term plans. 

19 hours ago, Strethor said:

I believe in risk taking and going for the kill, but with Josh it always seems like he tries to do too much and be the hero when we don't need  heroics until the 4th . I've seen some people refer to it as a defective Favre gene, with this defense it is so unnecessary  and it's something that I don't think can be coached out of him. I've dogged Taylor mainly because he couldn't hit the throws when it counted but I have confidence Josh can if we are in that situation or make a clutch run. Settle down Josh! 

We have weapons in the run game .

I can only repeat "Oh no Josh" so many times per game 

I dont believe he we learn that Favre gene will always be embedded in him - but to some respect if we are going to be winning 9+ games this year he needs to calm down with throwing into double coverage.

It's not all on him we are a strong team 

giphy.gif

• Thank you (+1) 1

It’s actually pretty common for a QB to play it safe until the fourth quarter. Just like a coach should usually avoid risky strategies like going for it on fourth down or going for the two point conversion until the fourth quarter.  That’s similar to the mentality that Josh should have. He’ll figure it out, or wash out. Time will tell. Personally, I have faith that he will figure it out. 

Remember Fitzmagic/Fitztragic?

He would play smart for three quarters, and then start taking risks if a comeback was needed. 

Sometimes it would work... Fitzmagic

Sometimes it would fail... Fitztragic

Fitz had the elusiveness but he didn’t have the arm strength or accuracy required for a lot of those heroic plays.  Josh has the elusiveness and the arm strength, and the accuracy is a work n progress. 

• Like (+1) 1

Great post!

I totally agree with the OP. Allen should copy Tyrod then Allen just might be able to duplicate his success of multi winning seasons, multi playoff appearances, playoff wins and of course Tyrods Super Bowl wins as well. 

Not to mention if Allen copys Tyrods play he should be putting up 30+ points a game and 400 yard games.

?

20 hours ago, Strethor said:

I believe in risk taking and going for the kill, but with Josh it always seems like he tries to do too much and be the hero when we don't need  heroics until the 4th . I've seen some people refer to it as a defective Favre gene, with this defense it is so unnecessary  and it's something that I don't think can be coached out of him. I've dogged Taylor mainly because he couldn't hit the throws when it counted but I have confidence Josh can if we are in that situation or make a clutch run. Settle down Josh! 

We have weapons in the run game .

I can only repeat "Oh no Josh" so many times per game 

I dont believe he we learn that Favre gene will always be embedded in him - but to some respect if we are going to be winning 9+ games this year he needs to calm down with throwing into double coverage.

It's not all on him we are a strong team 

No, Tyrod stinks, Allen is already better than him. 

We Allen to be Allen for 4 quarters.

The sky is not falling hes young and will improve .

I don't think the OP is saying Josh needs to "be" Tyrod Taylor...it's a metaphor for playing "don't make dumb mistakes" football during the first half+ of the game.  Josh needs to understand that with a championship caliber defense the Bills don't have to "press" for big plays on offense early in the game.  They can focus on executing the gameplan and taking what the defense gives them.  Josh can freelance and "take the game over" late if they're in need of a comeback.

• Like (+1) 2

I hate to say it, but you're right.

Tyrod was mediocre, but at least he wasn't turning the ball over left & right.

Any half decent game manger QB, Tyrod included, would've won the game against the Patriots last week. If we can't beat Brady & Co. at their absolute worst, there's zero chance we beat them at their best. The defense played brilliantly, and aside from a blocked punt, the special teams has been great. Averaging 30+ yards returning the ball is top 3 in the league, and coupled with the defense gave us plenty of opportunities to start in good field position.

Yet time & time again Allen was there to make the same mistakes over & over & over again. Taking dumb sacks that knocked us out of FG range costing us points, turning it over costing us points, and being Nathan Peterman levels of awful in the first half.

Josh has yet to put together a complete 4 quarters of good QB play this season, and has barely managed to beat some of the crappiest teams in the league. The only reason he's even able to help with those comeback wins is due to the defense playing out of their minds to overcompensate for our awful offensive performances and Allen's turnovers.

But yay, he helps dig us out of the whole he created to escape with wins. 3 passing TD's (where 1 was just a glorified  handoff), 6 INT's, 3 fumbles (where thankfully 2 were recovered by our team) and a 38.6 QBR, even worse than last year, does NOT signal a "good" or even average QB by any means.

And the one thing he's supposed to be good at, throwing deep, he's awful at... Worst in the league last year, and bottom of the league this year. Even worse is the amount of times he had open guys with a few steps on their guy and he didn't even see them. At least the ones he either completely wobbles short or launches 5-10 yards past the open man shows he saw them, but just outright being unaware they're even open just hurts even more. His lack of awareness in so many situations is killing us.

It's ok to make mistakes, but making the same ones repeatedly, and in every situation they come up, is most concerning. It shows an inability to learn, and that he goes off pure instinct...instinct that is poorly suited for the NFL combined with his lack of awareness.

I've hoped I was wrong about him since we drafted him, but there has been nothing shown on the field that points to him being any other than exactly what he was in college. Still hoping McDermott & Co. can pull off a miracle & do what nobody else coaching him has been able to do, but considering their ability to gauge QB talent, it doesn't seem likely unless they bring in someone from the outside to turn things around.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Tyrod was mediocre, but at least he wasn't turning the ball over left & right.

Any half decent game manger QB, Tyrod included, would've won the game against the Patriots last week. If we can't beat Brady & Co. at their absolute worst, there's zero chance we beat them at their best. The defense played brilliantly, and aside from a blocked punt, the special teams has been great. Averaging 30+ yards returning the ball is top 3 in the league, and coupled with the defense gave us plenty of opportunities to start in good field position.

Yet time & time again Allen was there to make the same mistakes over & over & over again. Taking dumb sacks that knocked us out of FG range costing us points, turning it over costing us points, and being Nathan Peterman levels of awful in the first half.

Josh has yet to put together a complete 4 quarters of good QB play this season, and has barely managed to beat some of the crappiest teams in the league. The only reason he's even able to help with those comeback wins is due to the defense playing out of their minds to overcompensate for our awful offensive performances and Allen's turnovers.

But yay, he helps dig us out of the whole he created to escape with wins. 3 passing TD's (where 1 was just a glorified  handoff), 6 INT's, 3 fumbles (where thankfully 2 were recovered by our team) and a 38.6 QBR, even worse than last year, does NOT signal a "good" or even average QB by any means.

And the one thing he's supposed to be good at, throwing deep, he's awful at... Worst in the league last year, and bottom of the league this year. Even worse is the amount of times he had open guys with a few steps on their guy and he didn't even see them. At least the ones he either completely wobbles short or launches 5-10 yards past the open man shows he saw them, but just outright being unaware they're even open just hurts even more. His lack of awareness in so many situations is killing us.

It's ok to make mistakes, but making the same ones repeatedly, and in every situation they come up, is most concerning. It shows an inability to learn, and that he goes off pure instinct...instinct that is poorly suited for the NFL combined with his lack of awareness.

I've hoped I was wrong about him since we drafted him, but there has been nothing shown on the field that points to him being any other than exactly what he was in college. Still hoping McDermott & Co. can pull off a miracle & do what nobody else coaching him has been able to do, but considering their ability to gauge QB talent, it doesn't seem likely unless they bring in someone from the outside to turn things around.

Didn’t Tyrod pass for 60 yards last time he faced the pats ? 

The idea of less turnovers is good.    The idea of anything involving the words Tyrod and QB1 together is the worst idea ever 

• Haha (+1) 1

No, we don't need JA to be TT for 3Q, actually.

I think you're confusing results with method.

Tyrod threw very few INTs because he wouldn't throw with anticipation, throw guys open, throw into coverage, or throw much at all.  He had a point after his first season as a starter where he could potentially have taken a step, but he didn't.  As a result, he did not become a capable NFL QB.

Josh Allen throws a lot of INTs because he is a gunslinger, willing to take risks and throw into coverage, and this year trying harder to extend plays and throw instead of just taking off.  He is learning to throw with anticipation, throw guys open, throw into coverage, and throw those short/intermediate routes.  That's what we need him to continue to develop - to take those dink-n-dunk throws and move the chains, and not just revert to hero-ball and high risk/high reward stuff.  That's what we need him to do to become a capable NFL QB.

We do need JA to take what the D gives him instead of taking risky throws, and as a result cut down on the TO.  We do NOT need Josh to switch from one kind of not-quite-good-enough NFLQB to another kind of not-quite-good-enough NFL QB

5 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

No.  Not right.