We need Josh Allen to be Tyrod Taylor for 3 quarters

Strethor

I believe in risk taking and going for the kill, but with Josh it always seems like he tries to do too much and be the hero when we don't need  heroics until the 4th . I've seen some people refer to it as a defective Favre gene, with this defense it is so unnecessary  and it's something that I don't think can be coached out of him. I've dogged Taylor mainly because he couldn't hit the throws when it counted but I have confidence Josh can if we are in that situation or make a clutch run. Settle down Josh! 

We have weapons in the run game .

I can only repeat "Oh no Josh" so many times per game 

I dont believe he we learn that Favre gene will always be embedded in him - but to some respect if we are going to be winning 9+ games this year he needs to calm down with throwing into double coverage.

It's not all on him we are a strong team 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Kind of a fair point in that a lot of people here thought Tyrod played too close to the vest and didn’t have enough interceptions.  Now we have the opposite issue with Allen.

I think Josh will be better and can learn. Everything just feels worse this week after Sunday 

Stop. These are two drastically different QBs, 1 was a 4th year vet from a major college & played in the Orange Bowl who would never turn the ball over, never take a chance & never lead a 4th Quarter Comeback, the other is a raw, young guy that struggled in low division D1, is a true gunslinger & turnover machine but can lead a 4th Quarter Comeback. Hopefully the latter can develop into a franchise QB 

• Like (+1) 4

He's still very young and learning.  Everyone needs to stop exaggerating.  He's praised as the franchise QB when he does well.  And then the jury is out for him when he does horrible.  Give it time.  JA is extremely dedicated and very passionate about learning from mistakes.  There's still 12 more games to go in this season and more than likely, he'll get a playoff game under his belt this year.  He'll be fine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Stop. These are two drastically different QBs, 1 was a 4th year vet from a major college & played in the Orange Bowl who would never turn the ball over, never take a chance & never lead a 4th Quarter Comeback, the other is a raw, young guy that struggled in low division D1, is a true gunslinger & turnover machine but can lead a 4th Quarter Comeback. Hopefully the latter can develop into a franchise QB 

I think his point is that he wants Allen to hold his hero ball off until its absolutely needed.

46 minutes ago, Strethor said:

I believe in risk taking and going for the kill, but with Josh it always seems like he tries to do too much and be the hero when we don't need  heroics until the 4th . I've seen some people refer to it as a defective Favre gene, with this defense it is so unnecessary  and it's something that I don't think can be coached out of him. I've dogged Taylor mainly because he couldn't hit the throws when it counted but I have confidence Josh can if we are in that situation or make a clutch run. Settle down Josh! 

We have weapons in the run game .

I can only repeat "Oh no Josh" so many times per game 

I dont believe he we learn that Favre gene will always be embedded in him - but to some respect if we are going to be winning 9+ games this year he needs to calm down with throwing into double coverage.

It's not all on him we are a strong team 

Don't you even.

I NEVER want a QB like Tryhard again. Ever.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I like Josh very much, however he really needs to stop turning the ball over.  I understand the Tyrod Taylor comment because Tyrod wasn't a turnover machine. Josh is young but if he keeps this up we are wasting a top 5 defense for the 2nd year in a row. That is totally unacceptable.   I not making anymore excuses.  He needs to improve this part of his game or he's gonna "turnover" his career.   Meaning give it away.  

Edited by Big Curt
added more info