We need Josh Allen to be Tyrod Taylor for 3 quarters

Strethor

19 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Let’s see if Allen can get to the playoffs like Tyrod did. Ouch that must hurt. 

Too bad they actually had to start Tyrod in a playoff game.   

A mannequin could have won that game.    

Allen is a starter.    Bumrod is glued to a bench.       Ouch that must hurt  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Too bad they actually had to start Tyrod in a playoff game.   

A mannequin could have won that game.    

Allen is a starter.    Bumrod is glued to a bench.       Ouch that must hurt  

Nah. It hurts. I can feel your pain. 

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Nah. It hurts. I can feel your pain. 

Yes it hurts that Allen didn’t make the playoffs as a rookie ??‍♂️

Have a beer and enjoy watching Philip Rivers ?.    You can be just like Taylor ?

Edited by Teddy KGB

Tyrod was a class individual who provided a steady hand and helped end the playoff drought. For that he will always have my respect and I'll never regret he was a Bill.

Josh would not be Josh trying to play like Tyrod, nor should he. I don't mind the occasional INT trying to take a chance, and I'm confident some more experience will teach him when to take those chances and when not to. Tyrod almost never took those chances and severely limited his game because of it. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

I know exactly what you’re saying. I said before that Allen is like Rothlisberger where he will make you scratch your head for three quarters but then have you in a spot to win a game you have no business winning. That’s exactly what he is right now. I love Allen. I think he’ll be the guy for the next decade, but it would be nice to see him be more of a manager until he needs to be different in the closing minutes.  This kid has it. He just needs to harness it more in the early stages of the games. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gavin in Va Beach said:

Tyrod was a class individual who provided a steady hand and helped end the playoff drought. For that he will always have my respect and I'll never regret he was a Bill.

Josh would not be Josh trying to play like Tyrod, nor should he. I don't mind the occasional INT trying to take a chance, and I'm confident some more experience will teach him when to take those chances and when not to. Tyrod almost never took those chances and severely limited his game because of it. 

...I don't think anybody questions Tyrod's ethic, commitment to team, etc......he just was not that good and has traveled since leaving Bflo....perhaps there is a mutual level of comfort between HC Lynn and his value......no harm....no foul......

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.  

Our QB threw into double coverage multiple times and ran charging into a helmet that knocked him out-> be less risk averse [relates to previous QB who was risk averse]

If you think that makes no sense, or is not rational response..  lol

Apologies for making you dumb 

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I know exactly what you’re saying. I said before that Allen is like Rothlisberger where he will make you scratch your head for three quarters but then have you in a spot to win a game you have no business winning. That’s exactly what he is right now. I love Allen. I think he’ll be the guy for the next decade, but it would be nice to see him be more of a manager until he needs to be different in the closing minutes.  This kid has it. He just needs to harness it more in the early stages of the games. 

Thank you 

3 hours ago, White Linen said:

Embellish much?  At times he tries to do much, I'll agree but always is quite ridiculous. 

fair  

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

No we NEED Josh Allen to be the GOOD Josh Allen for 4 QTRs.  Not regressing into a risk adverse Tyrod Taylor.

You speak the truth 

The news flash is he has made bone headed play multiple weeks in a row and he needs to understand where he's making mistakes and costing the team. If he can remove this Favre gene it's not simply turning into regressing Tyrod I simply used that comparison to stir up people who won't look into deeper issues. The end goal is to become a more complete QB 

4 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Kind of a fair point in that a lot of people here thought Tyrod played too close to the vest and didn’t have enough interceptions.  Now we have the opposite issue with Allen.

I think Josh will be better and can learn. Everything just feels worse this week after Sunday 

Agree but it's extremely disheartening when he makes the same mistakes over and over 

Good QBs learn 

I don't want allen to fall into the mediocre QB bucket 

4 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Just stop...

only cause you said so chief 

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

When will Bills fans set the bar higher for the starting QB? 

Low standards 

?

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.  

tenor.gif?itemid=8347865

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

4 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Stop. These are two drastically different QBs, 1 was a 4th year vet from a major college & played in the Orange Bowl who would never turn the ball over, never take a chance & never lead a 4th Quarter Comeback, the other is a raw, young guy that struggled in low division D1, is a true gunslinger & turnover machine but can lead a 4th Quarter Comeback. Hopefully the latter can develop into a franchise QB 

If you actually could comprehend my argument you would understand that if you merge risk aversion + playmaking at the right time and we all have the confidence JA can hit the throws when it matters

It's about knowing when to go for the ballsy throw 

you become a more complete QB 

5 minutes ago, Strethor said:

If you actually could comprehend my argument you would understand that if you merge risk aversion + playmaking at the right time and we all have the confidence JA can hit the throws when it matters

It's about knowing when to go for the ballsy throw 

you become a more complete QB 

The problem being is even tyrod didn't make the ballsy throw when he had to. 

You want Allen to go for the easy short pass, I get that. We all want that. When you say you want him to be like Taylor for 3 qtrs your basically saying "play smart unless you need to throw it more than 5 yards" 

It will probably never happen with Allen and I say that is a good thing. 

He doesn't like small ball. He can play it but seems to prefer not to. 

He's going to go for it whether it be a deep pass or a run when he has no chance of getting to the sticks. 

I don't know how he will turn out playing the way he is but I am glad to finally see a qb actually try to win instead of just dumping it off and hoping it gets them a first down. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

The problem being is even tyrod didn't make the ballsy throw when he had to. 

You want Allen to go for the easy short pass, I get that. We all want that. When you say you want him to be like Taylor for 3 qtrs your basically saying "play smart unless you need to throw it more than 5 yards" 

It will probably never happen with Allen and I say that is a good thing. 

He doesn't like small ball. He can play it but seems to prefer not to. 

He's going to go for it whether it be a deep pass or a run when he has no chance of getting to the sticks. 

I don't know how he will turn out playing the way he is but I am glad to finally see a qb actually try to win instead of just dumping it off and hoping it gets them a first down. 

Thats why I said 3 quarters not 4 

??

It's a double edged sword and trade off

The two extremes are not good 

He needs to find a medium ground or he won't last long