About yesterday, I'm ain't mad

Steptide

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

they could not have EASILY won.

the game is dictated by the scoreboard, up 13 the Pats didn't have to risk anything, they knew they didn't play great and still walked out with an easy road win

The Bills threatened to take the lead in the game on multiple occasions.

You are a solid poster, but this take is just awful.

I think that what's important to note is that this isn't really a "moral" victory in the sense that we saw some nice things about our team, we played hard, and "we're almost there!"  It's a true moral victory in that this team is demonstrating that they WILL win, if they learn to clean up mistakes. 

This isn't a team that was 3-0 because they were playing above themselves and got brought down to earth by a good team.  This is a team that won 3 games because they're good, and lost a game to a good team because they played poorly.  Gone are the days of flukey wins and losses.  We're not going to see those crazy, inexplicable performances that we're so accustomed to anymore.   No more wins because Fitz played out of his mind, or losses because we were figured out.  This is not territory that us, as Bills fans, are used to.  We haven't seen a good team like this since Flutie replaced Johnson. 

I've found myself no longer hoping to get to the next step, but waiting for us to get rolling.  Just like in the Jets game, yesterday, it was only a matter of time before the offense started moving, and when they did, even Belichick was having trouble with them.  This team is going to clean up their mistakes, and they're going to be hard to stop.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

The Bills did not prove they could beat the Pats. They are not going anywhere until they do. 

They prove that when at the end of the game they have more points than the Patriots. Anything else is delusion. 

I have been a fan of the Bills for a long time. I hate the Patriots as much as the next guy.  As bitter and pessimistic as I have been, I finally see progress. This Bills team clearly could have beat the Pats. Yes, the scoreboard does not lie, but it does not tell me the entire story. I don't think I am delusional, it is the only way that I can afford to look at it. We are closer to defeating the Pats once and for all...than I have ever seen. I see hope.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I have been a fan of the Bills for a long time. I hate the Patriots as much as the next guy.  As bitter and pessimistic as I have been, I finally see progress. This Bills team clearly could have beat the Pats. Yes, the scoreboard does not lie, but it does not tell me the entire story. I don't think I am delusional, it is the only way that I can afford to look at it. We are closer to defeating the Pats once and for all...than I have ever seen. I see hope.

In EJ Manuel's first game against the Patriots, he brought them from behind to put the Bills in the lead 21-20 in the fourth quarter. The Pats came back and won 23-21. 

That was a more promising game than this one. And it meant nothing for the future of Manuel or the team. 

Just now, Dr. K said:

In EJ Manuel's first game against the Patriots, he brought them from behind to put the Bills in the lead 21-20 in the fourth quarter. The Pats came back and won 23-21. 

That was a more promising game than this one. And it meant nothing for the future of Manuel or the team. 

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, jletha said:

This particular team is 2-0 on the road. This defense can make Mariota's day miserable. I think Tennessee is very very winnable.

Why get in the way of a silly post with facts!

11 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Stop getting the way of the doom and gloom crowd; just scream fire everybody!

2 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Good for him...I remember. I am concerned about the present time...the here and now. This is a better built Bills team.You will have to excuse me, but I try not to live in the past...gets us in too much trouble.

13 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

I think that what's important to note is that this isn't really a "moral" victory in the sense that we saw some nice things about our team, we played hard, and "we're almost there!"  It's a true moral victory in that this team is demonstrating that they WILL win, if they learn to clean up mistakes. 

This isn't a team that was 3-0 because they were playing above themselves and got brought down to earth by a good team.  This is a team that won 3 games because they're good, and lost a game to a good team because they played poorly.  Gone are the days of flukey wins and losses.  We're not going to see those crazy, inexplicable performances that we're so accustomed to anymore.   No more wins because Fitz played out of his mind, or losses because we were figured out.  This is not territory that us, as Bills fans, are used to.  We haven't seen a good team like this since Flutie replaced Johnson. 

I've found myself no longer hoping to get to the next step, but waiting for us to get rolling.  Just like in the Jets game, yesterday, it was only a matter of time before the offense started moving, and when they did, even Belichick was having trouble with them.  This team is going to clean up their mistakes, and they're going to be hard to stop.

Great post and very true!

33 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Wow.  If you think that was an easy win for them i dont even know what to say. That ranks among the stupidest things i've ever seen on this board

How do you respond to this nonsense by those who think it was an "easy road win for the Pats." Tell me BB was not sweating at the Bills drove late in the fourth; don't know what to say!

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

We played the exact opposite of perfect football and were 2 yards from taking lead and most likely winning. I disagree that we needed a perfect game to win. 

that's very true.  a little more perfection would have put  the bills over the top.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

mad no.  disappointed, yes.  this team had to play perfect football, or near perfect football to win that game yesterday and they didn't.  the offense is way to riddled with mistakes still, and that needs to be worked on.  as i said in another thread, i'm more interested now to see how this team responds on sunday.  if they come out and look competent/win the game, it will make me feel  better going forward.

Not perfect, just average as far as the O and ST are concerned. How does a supposedly on-the-rise, expecting-to-be-taken-seriously NFL team so horribly blow a punt? This isn't the Mountain West or a high school league, for crying out loud. And the pass blocking? Yeow. Zay watching interceptions like he bought a ticket? Lee Smith with FOUR stupid penalties? Add in JA's atrocious performance that reinforced every negative the non-WNY media and football "experts" have said about him forever. Throw in some of the coaching & the biased refs stuff and the wonder is the Bills didn't lose by 40 points. And they didn't because the D was magnificent. So, no, it didn't require anything close to near-perfection, just middle-of-the-road competence by ST and offense. 

This team doesn't quit, plays very hard and cares. Allen is in game 15 of his career and if you didnt know it, young qb's struggle against Coach Bill. If we play with this much effort and attitude we're gonna we a lot of games. I really don't have a list of negatives  -  you can't get beat on formation for a punt block...Zay Jones play defense on those two interceptions.....Get Ford out of Tackle and into Guard.....Make your kicks Housch

Edited by CardinalScotts

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I'm probably in the minority here. Yes, it always sucks to lose, especially to our arch nemesis. However I'm not really upset. 

Maybe it's because all week I expected to lose this game by 14 points or more. Josh allen was terrible at times, there's no way around it. BUT, I can't help but give him some slack because he's a young player. The defense was absolutely stunning. Stopping Brady in plus territory multiple times and making him look really bad. 

My biggest disappointment, and what may have been ultimately what cost the bills the game, was the blocked punt and touchdown. 

Again it sucks to lose, but I really feel good about this team and what I thought was maybe a 9 win team, looks more like an 11 win team. 

Also please fix my title lol

You should be able to edit your own title.

2 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

I'm not mad but am concerned.  Josh Allen does not appear to learn much from his mistakes.  You can only coach one up so far.

He also "promised" it wouldn't happen again after his performance against the Bengals.  It's concerning to see it not only happen, but take place only 7 days later.

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

they could not have EASILY won.

the game is dictated by the scoreboard, up 13 the Pats didn't have to risk anything, they knew they didn't play great and still walked out with an easy road win

Come on my friend...just a little rigid there. It was no easy road win and the Pats knew it. 

2 hours ago, vorpma said:

How do you respond to this nonsense by those who think it was an "easy road win for the Pats." Tell me BB was not sweating at the Bills drove late in the fourth; don't know what to say!

Belichick allowed himself to smile after the last kneel down.  It sure looked like relief to me.  I'll bet Pats fans everywhere were freaking out, even with Barkley in there.  This was the first time in oh-so-long that the Patriots just could not put our team away. 

The way they're playing me has me eager for THIS year's rematch, I don't care where they play it.  Bring it on.  Put some coal in Brady's stockings for Christmas.

• Like (+1) 1

For one I'm tired of the cheap Shots everytime we play the Patriots. And it gets overlooked by the league.

I hope the Bills learned the have to take it to the Patriots get aggressive, extra Physical get Nasty hit them hard, knock their blocks off even when the dont have the ball. No more choirboy S#!T. 

I just wish we would have kicked the FG when we were down 16-10 instead of going for it on 4th.  The 'd' was holding brady in check all game and alot of 3 and outs already.  Then we maybe only need to get to 35 instead of a TD, and not take the chances you need to down 6 instead of 3.  

• Thank you (+1) 1