QB A vs QB B

21 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He was on the Chiefs until he retired this offseason.  But what does Andy Reid know about qbs?

of course you were the guy laughing about Mahomes last offseason. 

At his funny voice, yes.

Andy Reid??  EJ was on the Chiefs from February until May, so he never even put on pads for "Andy Reid"  lol.  Get out of here with that BS.

12 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

That in no way proves your point. Considering Hackett was a first time OC. Entirely possible, seeing as how bad he was in Buffalo, that his offensive system wasnt overly intricate or hard to grasp.

Exactly, yet EJ struggled mightily.

21 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

If you can't tell the difference, as a QB, between Manuel and Allen you shouldn't be watching football. 

Raw statistical comparisons, especially so small a small sample size, are a very poor method for comparing different quarterbacks.

Josh is going to get a longer leech than EJ did, but the results be in the same, hopefully Barkley can be our Kyle Orton and make the second half of the season interesting

The main difference between EJ and Allen at this point is this:

EJ: stutter step, pat the ball, pat the ball again, stutter step, quick pat, crow hop and EJ floats the ball out of bounds.  On comes the punt team.

Allen: LLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY  JENKINNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

At his funny voice, yes.

Andy Reid??  EJ was on the Chiefs from February until May, so he never even put on pads for "Andy Reid"  lol.  Get out of here with that BS.

Exactly, yet EJ struggled mightily.

You said the entire NFL gave up on EJ, it only took a couple of teams and a few years later though.......

On 9/30/2019 at 10:25 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Everyone in the NFL gave up on EJ. 

A big part of EJ's problem was that he's too dumb to play NFL QB.

I think it was also his lack of leadership skills. The current team responds to Josh while EJ did not inspire the team to success.

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

You said the entire NFL gave up on EJ, it only took a couple of teams and a few years later though.......

Yes, it sure did.

Only one other team put a uniform on him after the Bills.  The Raiders had him for a bit.  Then he was done in 2017.  They signed and released him in the 2018 off season.  KC signed him and he quickly retired.  He hasn't played in 2 years.  The NFL is done with him since then.

22 hours ago, Bandito said:

We all know the reason why Allen is playing and EJ got cut. One is... and one is... 

lol jk

Yes, we do. One can’t throw the football like an NFL Quarterback. The other can, but tries to do too much and forces things. Apples to oranges really. 

let me try- completions to the hospitality tent: 

QB A 1/1

QB B 0/0 

guess who?

Look- I liked EJ to, like Trent the game never slowed down. He was too erratic and he panicked to quickly. I think part of the issue is most Bills fans don’t even know what developing a young QB into a good one even looks like. 

Jim Kelly was absolutely aweful in the beginning. 

Josh May still bust too, but he just looks more competent, accurate and the mistakes he keeps making seem the most coachable. Now get the man some stud WRs. And let’s go 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/30/2019 at 10:30 AM, Stank_Nasty said:

So we realize the Pats secondary is elite and got the best of Allen. Here's a big question for me...… there were a handful(not many, but a couple) of plays where he had a TON of time in the pocket and didn't pull the trigger. I have to wonder if everyone was blanketed or if he just didn't see what he needed to see. I really wanna see him nail some chunk throws in that those situations going forward against lessor secondary's.... the fan in me is hoping it was just the pats defense covering THAT good.

He needed to be more like Brady and realize that when a play had next to no chance due to coverage, he had to throw it into the stands. Not the dirt, as TB doesn’t get called for grounding in those situations but Allen definitely would. He missed an open guy a couple times, but should have gotten rid of it sooner. 

Most QB's start out with bad numbers.........some work their way out of it.  I have seen signs that Allen is able to improve.   EJ was peaking at this point.....Allen still has a higher ceiling to me.  I definitely wonder if he can truly make it or not but for 2019 I am hitched to him and hope he succeeds.   But he needs to stop thinking he can fix world hunger on each play.

Guess who threw 24 Interceptions in his first 15 games...

...Peyton Manning.

So maybe take a chill pill and use your eyes and realize Allen is no where near the same as Manuel.  

This board is always full of really stupid hot take over reactions after a loss.  This thread is among the contenders of the dumbest ones, so congrats, that’s a hard thing to accomplish in a post loss TSW week with so much competition.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

I think EJ was likely never going to pan out (and I didn't think highly of him as a prospect in the lead up to the draft either even though I had been told he was our target), but I also think he had a crazy short leash considering the okay-ish play that we got out of him. To only give him 16 starts, most of which came in a year where he was never meant to play to begin with, was pretty crazy.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I think EJ was likely never going to pan out (and I didn't think highly of him as a prospect in the lead up to the draft either even though I had been told he was our target), but I also think he had a crazy short leash considering the okay-ish play that we got out of him. To only give him 16 starts, most of which came in a year where he was never meant to play to begin with, was pretty crazy.

Completely lost in this stat munching is Manuel and Allen are two completely different players with different skill sets.

You show me where Manuel gets away from would be sacks the way Allen does

You show me the rushing for 1st downs and touchdowns that Allen does that Manuel did not (oh thats right.....not even included because the OP has a agenda

You show me the 4th quarter comebacks that Allen has and Manuel does not

On 9/30/2019 at 10:25 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Everyone in the NFL gave up on EJ. 

A big part of EJ's problem was that he's too dumb to play NFL QB.

EJ retired after being signed by KC to back up Mahomes. The league didn't give up on him. he retired.